Wednesday player you hated for whatever reason

22 hours ago, 1/10/1983 said:

Fairclough was pictured in (or holding) a Wednesday Shirt in the South Stand before f u c k I n g off to Leeds.

Cantona, in that case.

Random dislike that I couldn't really explain: Ian Nolan.

Dishonourable mentions: Leon Knight, Pavel Srnicek (RIP), Peter Gilbert, Brad Jones.

On 07/04/2020 at 12:31, Bramhall Owl said:

I've read some of the comments on here and am amazed. I could never hate a Wednesday player. Dislike, get frustrated by, think they're overrated, etc but hate? never

This 100% If anybody on here genuinely ‘hates‘ a player/former player ( due to their supposed performances on the pitch) then they need to have a serious look at themselves.

On 07/04/2020 at 23:00, sexpistol said:

That’s just not true though. He was generally poor in the Premier league for us ( mind you most were in that season) when we were in the championship, he was the player that stood head and shoulders above anyone in that team when we were poor for the time he was at the club. If we hadn’t of sold him in the January, I believe we may have stayed up that season.

*have

22 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Hate is a strong word, I don't think I've ever hated a Wednesday player. Ones who I've been frustrated with or ones I was pleased when they left are.

Michael Morrsion

Mark Reynolds

Lewis McGugan

Lewis Buxton (tin had on)

Jay Bothroyd (At the time I tended to back him more than most but he was terrible and didn't seem to give a to55 that he was terrible, that interview he did after his loan ended, just no need)

Francis Jeffers (I didn't get the hype when we signed him to be honest)

Forgot to mention Chris Maguire, again not hate but really didn't get the hype around him and played like a player who thought he was better than he was.

12 hours ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Forgot to mention Chris Maguire, again not hate but really didn't get the hype around him and played like a player who thought he was better than he was.

Yessss forgot agouti him . Swanned around like he was a cha notions league winner when in actual fact he was a mediocre number 10 or a dire striker 

10 hours ago, james o connor said:

Yessss forgot agouti him . Swanned around like he was a cha notions league winner when in actual fact he was a mediocre number 10 or a dire striker 

He always reminded me of Craig Bellamy only with 90% less ability.

On 08/04/2020 at 00:41, TomtheOwl95 said:

Hate is a strong word, I don't think I've ever hated a Wednesday player. Ones who I've been frustrated with or ones I was pleased when they left are.

Michael Morrsion

Mark Reynolds

Lewis McGugan

Lewis Buxton (tin had on)

Jay Bothroyd (At the time I tended to back him more than most but he was terrible and didn't seem to give a to55 that he was terrible, that interview he did after his loan ended, just no need)

Francis Jeffers (I didn't get the hype when we signed him to be honest)

Bit harsh on buxton 

On 06/04/2020 at 23:57, DSandersonOWL said:

Brian Usher. (A wingersigned from Sunderland 1965). Completely useless. First rubbish new signing I ever saw. Capable of running fast with ball, then simply falling over the ball, especially when he saw the opposite's keeper. By May 66 against Everton he was nowhere near the first team as we were playing without wingers. 

I remember him and the chant ring a ringof roses"Usher Usher all fall down" 😊