BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Eh it’s not what I want it’s what’s fair for all clubs.  Good luck telling all the clubs who like their current position this season that it’s being cancelled. Jenas reckons it would be about 50% who disagree with cancelling it. So it will be interesting what happens next week 

"be fair" for this season and write off next season, the losses for the next 2.5 months will be enough to cripple  some teams, missing a full season, minus 2.5months to complete this season will be the end of most teams

what happens to the players who are under contract for next season, who can pay them with income from matches that don't mean anything?

who is going the sign the players that are out of contract at the end of June this year, and how do teams like us go on with the number of players who are out of contract that we don't want to resign, and loans that run out in May

do you expect players who are of contract to accept contracts for three months only no knowing what will happen after that when some will be go to other countries where the virus has already run its course and sign full time deals

1 hour ago, Hookowl said:

Love how people can twist facts to suit their argument lol

People are ignorant of the facts, I am not a vegan and never said I was but some people find reading difficult, you have to make allowances:sleep:

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

See my reply above

Season ticket holders aren’t due for any refunds due to force majeur or act of god.

But thats not a statue of British law so unless it is written into the contract it has no bearing, it's also not in the constitution, if we had one. 

58 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Is that confirmed as the absolute truth (the eating bats thing) ???

I can absolutely guarantee that the source will never 100% be confirmed. It is not that scientists cannot trace the source. It is because there are political mindgames that come into play. The governing party in China are never going to accept the blame for this. The original narrative was that testing proved that the initial epicentre was indeed Huanan Market in Wuhan City.

The blame game has now started to move. There is a propaganda book just published and marketed in China that alluded to the virus being introduced to China from Japan. Strange coincidence that the party is currently in dispute with Japan over a number of islands in the South China Sea. Social media in China is also trying to push narratives that US soldiers brought the virus into Asia and the latest is it originated in Italy.

The end analysis will be a mishmash of varying narratives masking blame that the party in China should carry. It stinks to high heaven but the originators of the disease are going to come out of this covered in roses while the rest of the world suffers the consequences.

32 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

People mocking vegans are stuck in the 1970s

Ancient viewpoint to have in this day and age

People aren’t mocking people for being vegan, they’re mocking them for continuously telling everyone that they’re vegan. No one gives a fuuck 

• Haha 4

30 minutes ago, the third man said:

"be fair" for this season and write off next season, the losses for the next 2.5 months will be enough to cripple  some teams, missing a full season, minus 2.5months to complete this season will be the end of most teams

what happens to the players who are under contract for next season, who can pay them with income from matches that don't mean anything?

who is going the sign the players that are out of contract at the end of June this year, and how do teams like us go on with the number of players who are out of contract that we don't want to resign, and loans that run out in May

do you expect players who are of contract to accept contracts for three months only no knowing what will happen after that when some will be go to other countries where the virus has already run its course and sign full time deals

Next season can still happen.  Maybe it runs from November to June.  It’s much better to cancel next seasons domestic and international cup competitions to allow for this situation than to write off a season that is well underway. 

if clubs and players don’t want to sign 1-3 month contract extensions then they can leave at end of June if they want to, sit at home unpaid watching this season be completed. 

Anyway this debate is clearly dividing opinions for obvious reasons and like I said in a previous post it’s a mess for the authorities to come up with the best solution.  It will be 50/50 amongst clubs as to whether to cancel this season or finish it later in the year 

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Next season can still happen.  Maybe it runs from November to June.  It’s much better to cancel next seasons domestic and international cup competitions to allow for this situation than to write off a season that is well underway. 

if clubs and players don’t want to sign 1-3 month contract extensions then they can leave at end of June if they want to, sit at home unpaid watching this season be completed. 

Anyway this debate is clearly dividing opinions for obvious reasons and like I said in a previous post it’s a mess for the authorities to come up with the best solution.  It will be 50/50 amongst clubs as to whether to cancel this season or finish it later in the year 

Teams wont cancel the international cup competitions, they will lose far to much money, and TV companies will want them played

and there will have to be international breaks to fit in for the friendlies before the Euros next summer

1 hour ago, Owls-Fan said:

Eh it’s not what I want it’s what’s fair for all clubs.  Good luck telling all the clubs who like their current position this season that it’s being cancelled.

It's not fair old foookers dying cos there isn't enough doctors to cope. That's what fairness means.

Football can bollloxe and goes out the window.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, @owlstalk said:

Is that confirmed as the absolute truth (the eating bats thing) ???

I seem to recall gazza telling how when he briefly played in China he ate something deep fried that he found delicious. Upon asking it was apparently bat

1 minute ago, sherlyegg said:

It's not fair old foookers dying cos there isn't enough doctors to cope. That's what fairness means.

Football can bollloxe and goes out the window.

Sorry but I really don’t understand why people are joining in debates about what to do with this season by saying human life is more important than football.  Absolutely no one is saying we should be playing football and to hell with the virus and human lives.  We are saying to postpone football until the virus is over and then finish this season. 

Anyway we will see what the leagues and clubs to do in the next week.  I will be very surprised if this season is cancelled as clubs need this seasons remaining matches to be completed for their finances when they can be. But we’ll see what happens.  
at the end of the day human life is more important than football.  Just throwing that in to state the bleeding obvious. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Owls-Fan said:

Sorry but I really don’t understand why people are joining in debates about what to do with this season by saying human life is more important than football.  Absolutely no one is saying we should be playing football and to hell with the virus and human lives.  We are saying to postpone football until the virus is over and then finish this season. 

Anyway we will see what the leagues and clubs to do in the next week.  I will be very surprised if this season is cancelled as clubs need this seasons remaining matches to be completed for their finances when they can be. But we’ll see what happens.  
at the end of the day human life is more important than football.  Just throwing that in to state the bleeding obvious. 

We have only just started at the outbreak stage, with a peak between May-July, and then tail off into the Autumn. The virus won't be over until the winter and even then may mutate into another strain.

It's very wishful thinking to say this season can be anything other than cancelled. 

We will know more after UEFA have had there meeting on Tuesday, if Euro 2020 gets put back to following summer 2021 then this allows domestic seasons right across Europe to be extended into summer. 

To do this football needs to be restarting by end of April. 

7 minutes ago, darklord said:

I seem to recall gazza telling how when he briefly played in China he ate something deep fried that he found delicious. Upon asking it was apparently bat

A very small minority of people do indeed eat wildlife derived products. Bats are one of the most popular. When I travelled to the countryside in China, I have been offered roasted bats amongst several other interesting species. Cooking and eating these things does not give rise to infection. The problem arises during transportation to wet markets and the processing of freshly killed animals with very poor sanitation.

What I would beg of people is don't blame Chinese people or China as a nation for this. That is actually misinformed and racist gumph. The governing party caused this by putting commercial interests of a tiny minority over the health and welfare of the global population. Blame the people responsible, not the general population of China. They are so far the biggest victims of this.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Animis said:

We have only just started at the outbreak stage, with a peak between May-July, and then tail off into the Autumn. The virus won't be over until the winter and even then may mutate into another strain.

It's very wishful thinking to say this season can be anything other than cancelled. 

So what you’re saying is next season will be cancelled too.  As that many games can’t be played out between December and May.  

in which case it would be better to play the remaining games of this season behind closed doors in May and June and then at least we are back on some even keel waiting for when a new season can start.  Put the matches on pay per view online so fans can watch and contribute to the clubs finances for the remaining games 

its so complicated regards dealing with fa ,premier league, efl .UEFA . them all tv companies , clubs what will go bust ,player contracts finishing june 30th,loans ending in may . season tickets sold for next season and so on . who is going to pick up the massive bill for this? half the clubs will probably go bust . I cant see any way the season will resume even by mid may , if 1000 have it on Friday then it goes up sharply , by mid june there will be 10000 to 100000 with it so absolutely no chance any game will take place either behind closed doors or with spectators . season will have to be scrapped , and start again next season , but by aug 8th would it have all gone? then players need 5 weeks pre season before it starts. there is no way all those organisations will agree or clubs will . this is a mess what I cant see any way round.  

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

So what you’re saying is next season will be cancelled too.  As that many games can’t be played out between December and May.  

in which case it would be better to play the remaining games of this season behind closed doors in May and June and then at least we are back on some even keel waiting for when a new season can start.  Put the matches on pay per view online so fans can watch and contribute to the clubs finances for the remaining games 

Based on the reaction of the football authorities, yes. There's currently 1,140 cases confirmed, with a worst case scenario of 50,000,000 catching it. The government want to spread this contagion over several months not weeks to protect the ability of the NHS to deal with the worst cases.

In my view, the football authorities will either have to stand by their current reaction, or will inevitably back-track as Sky and other sponsor put gun to their heads. 

One thing looks probable, is the virus will be around until at least the Autumn. However, as most of us would have caught it by then, the likelihood is the current hysteria will have subsided.

3 hours ago, Big Jack said:

I blame bar steward meat eaters. If we all ate a mostly plant based diet then it would stop the killing of a planet and ourselves.

Time for society to face facts Carnivorous(Coronavirus)  SARS, MERS, Swine flu, salmonella, mad cow disease....... Have you not got  the message yet !!!

Last time I looked, us (Humans) still had teeth we call canines - meant to tear meat apart.

8 hours ago, theowlsman said:

As mentioned previously, I’ve already calculated the number of deaths at just over half a million. That’s just the UK. And that’s just for the current strain of the virus, which may mutate as they often do.

Two current strains, the aggressive version killing itself out for - well being too aggressive.     The Aggressive strain WAS the mutation.

Many scientists saying this virus genome seems stable so far.

I'd suggest based on scientist knowledge thus far, this is a one trick pony.     At least I hope.

Edited by Salmonbones

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Based on the reaction of the football authorities, yes. There's currently 1,140 cases confirmed, with a worst case scenario of 50,000,000 catching it. The government want to spread this contagion over several months not weeks to protect the ability of the NHS to deal with the worst cases.

In my view, the football authorities will either have to stand by their current reaction, or will inevitably back-track as Sky and other sponsor put gun to their heads. 

One thing looks probable, is the virus will be around until at least the Autumn. However, as most of us would have caught it by then, the likelihood is the current hysteria will have subsided.

another way of looking at this is if you let it spread over several months then every job, business will go bust ,and the gov wont be able to save them . there are millions of small businesses and if they wernt able to work for months then most would collapse . the only solution I can see , is moving anyone at risk into a safe area ,or making extreme safety procedures in oap homes ,hospitals . or keeping those at risk at home and getting them food/medicines safely . I think we have to let this virus spread without all going out looking to get it get the peak quicker , and then gradually during the summer start getting life back to normal . what good is 10 million out of work unable to pay any bills? life just cant stop we cant all down our tools and stay locked in our homes for months and months . all winter virus`s spread most of us get 1 ,its just this one spreads incredibly fast ,there is no cure and ive read from experts it might be 3-4 years for a vaccine to become available widely.  who are we protecting?