BREAKING: All games suspended until 3 April "at the earliest" [Update: full EFL statement in OP]

7 hours ago, scram said:

We are in almost unprecedented times

The only precedent is probably war time

Clubs and fans weren't squealing then about fairness

Football is very secondary

I almost pity people that cannot understand that

Almost...

I’ll bump this in a couple months when everything’s back to normal 

Christ 

Guest The Horse

Just have Klopp and Bielsa team up for a special televised Bullseye event where they have to score 101 or more on a dartboard with three arrows each.

When they predictably fail, the voice of Jim Bowen will be heard to say the immortal words: 'Let's have a look at what you could've won' as the curtain raises to reveal the Premier League and Championship trophies.

The credits roll as Klopp and Bielsa half heartedly wave at the camera and smile through gritted teeth while wiping the tears away.

Better luck next time lads, see you again next year..

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

Strange comment, what’s thinking Someone’s overreacting gotta do with being hard? 

You're being dismissive of the seriousness of the situation by stating you believe everything will be back to normal in 2 months' time.

You either think that because you don't understand what's going on, or because you're putting on false bravado.

I hope you're right, but I think your comment will age very badly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

You're being dismissive of the seriousness of the situation by stating you believe everything will be back to normal in 2 months' time.

You either think that because you don't understand what's going on, or because you're putting on false bravado.

I hope you're right, but I think your comment will age very badly.

What have you seen to make you think it isn’t an overreaction, the same flus that have killed old people previously, what makes this one different? . The majority of deaths in the UK have been over 80 

The media hyping it up, the same media we’re told everyday not to trust.

I just want to know how everyone thinks a mid flu virus is going to cause such devastation? And you can talk about it evolving into something far worse, but the exact same thing was said for all the other epidemics over the years, and nothing happened 

I am not trying to be ballsy, it’s just typical human behaviour I’m seeing 

Just now, FreshOwl said:

What have you seen to make you think it isn’t an overreaction, the same flus that have killed old people previously, what makes this one different? . The majority of deaths in the UK have been over 80 

The media hyping it up, the same media we’re told everyday not to trust.

I just want to know how everyone thinks a mid flu virus is going to cause such devastation? And you can talk about it evolving into something far worse, but the exact same thing was said for all the other epidemics over the years, and nothing happened 

I am not trying to be ballsy, it’s just typical human behaviour I’m seeing 

Flu Flu Flu Flu Flu

That comparison hasn’t just been proven incorrect 

It’s been blitzed to bits repeatedly until there is just ashes of this ridiculous comparison left

Its wrong to compare to any flu 

Stop it 

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

Flu Flu Flu Flu Flu

It’s been blitzed to bits repeatedly until there is just ashes of this ridiculous comparison left

Stop it 

Ok so hit me with some facts as to why this is much more serious to anything in the past and I’ll hold my hands up 

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Flu Flu Flu Flu Flu

Stop it 

And not facts from some Moldovan scientist working in a warehouse 

or any YouTube video 

Edited by FreshOwl

1 minute ago, FreshOwl said:

Ok so hit me with some facts as to why this is much more serious to anything in the past and I’ll hold my hands up 

Do your own work/research whilst wearing your tin foil hat mate

Might have actually been a good idea to research things and get facts instead of just repeating the ‘it’s just flu’ mantra from Facebook posts by village idiots

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Might have actually been a good idea to research things and get facts instead of just repeating the ‘it’s just flu’ mantra from Facebook posts by village idiots

So you haven’t got any facts 

top posting as usual Neil 

• Haha 1

I’m not trying to start anything by the way, I’m genuinely interested as to why this is much more of a severe situation than previously. But it seems too many people have been following piers Morgan’s Twitter 

Personally I don’t feel any football will be resumed until August / September 

Meaning the season will have to be cancelled null & void and start again next year. Whether that happens is another question

from a totally selfish Sheffield Wednesday point of view, it could be the opportunity to sort our club out from top to bottom, get rid of deadwood - and start putting the wheels in motion for next season. 

The world is locked down

People are dying 

The virus hasn’t even fully hit yet

FreshOwl is sat telling everyone it’s just flu

Reyt.

16 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I’m not trying to start anything by the way, I’m genuinely interested as to why this is much more of a severe situation than previously. But it seems too many people have been following piers Morgan’s Twitter