Takeover Talks

1 minute ago, torres said:

We were treading water under MM in my opinion.

We did well with our free signings but lets not kid ourselves the football was woeful, the pitch was a disgrace and we were going nowhere.

MM knew what to say and when to say it to get enough people on board, helped by dishing out a few £10 tickets now and again.

DC had (has) progression in mind - he just doesn't have the the individual knowledge/ability or the right team around him.

No one can blame him for his intentions but i am not sure anyone can defend how he's gone about it 

It could not be more typical Wednesday!!!

Spot on summary 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Agreed but 100 odd million has not been spent on playing staff has it? The issue with the team is DCs reluctance to move players on and freshen up the squad when it was required. This has resulted in the players being too comfortable and the rest of the issues we presently have.

Won’t be far off when you look at wages 

Criminal amount of wasted money 

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, torres said:

We were treading water under MM in my opinion.

We did well with our free signings but lets not kid ourselves the football was woeful, the pitch was a disgrace and we were going nowhere.

MM knew what to say and when to say it to get enough people on board, helped by dishing out a few £10 tickets now and again.

DC had (has) progression in mind - he just doesn't have the the individual knowledge/ability or the right team around him.

No one can blame him for his intentions but i am not sure anyone can defend how he's gone about it 

It could not be more typical Wednesday!!!

the footballs still woeful, and we are still going nowhere... well possibly L1, with DC's man in charge and/ or a possible points deduction (thanks DC)

we do have a nice pitch though i grant you that

lol

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Players like Forestieri were never going to be signed under his reign. Investment got us back to back playoffs.

Chansiri's investment in players has never been the issue for me. Spending £3 million on players like Forestieri and Hooper in the modern market is not excessive. The problem has always been the imbalance in the transfer policy. That is to say signing players that were not needed and not selling on when necessary. People that try to defend Chansiri over the accumulated losses usually compare against other clubs like Villa or Derby. They have spent far more. We have ended up categorised in the same bracket as them because we have not balanced purchases with sales.

On the same note, I have seen comments on here using the "If we had have sold him, there would have been meltdown on here". In my time supporting Wednesday, I have seen players like Dalian Atkinson, John Harkes, Paul Warhurst and Carlton Palmer sold to balance the books or fund other signings. Yeah, of course it grinds people but most are adult enough to realise that there are times when things like that have to be done. Players come and go. That is the nature of football. I wish Chansiri could have realised that.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Meadows said:

the footballs still woeful, and we are still going nowhere... well possibly L1, with DC's man in charge and/ or a possible points deduction (thanks DC)

we do have a nice pitch though i grant you that

lol

As explained - that is due to mis-management not lack of intentions 

51 minutes ago, Pablo Bonvin said:

This is becoming like The Masked Singer. 

Sorry, just admitted I watched that..:ph34r:

This is getting confusing. 

We need to whittle it down. So hands up who is Neil, that will reduce the numbers then we can take it from there 

Edited by S36 OWL
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, S36 OWL said:

We need to whittle it down. So hands up who is Neil, that will reduce the numbers then we can take it from there 

I'm not NEIL ,      To handsome lol well at his age I was , sorry Neil :)

• Haha 2

21 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

Chansiri's investment in players has never been the issue for me. Spending £3 million on players like Forestieri and Hooper in the modern market is not excessive. The problem has always been the imbalance in the transfer policy. That is to say signing players that were not needed and not selling on when necessary. People that try to defend Chansiri over the accumulated losses usually compare against other clubs like Villa or Derby. They have spent far more. We have ended up categorised in the same bracket as them because we have not balanced purchases with sales.

On the same note, I have seen comments on here using the "If we had have sold him, there would have been meltdown on here". In my time supporting Wednesday, I have seen players like Dalian Atkinson, John Harkes, Paul Warhurst and Carlton Palmer sold to balance the books or fund other signings. Yeah, of course it grinds people but most are adult enough to realise that there are times when things like that have to be done. Players come and go. That is the nature of football. I wish Chansiri could have realised that.

Again another spot on summary 

33 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Mods need to sort this out or at the very least post an index of those who have multiple logins and who their pseudonyms are!

Absolutely taking the p!ss out of other posters and invalidating any poll ever held on here!

• Haha 1

36 minutes ago, ChinaOwl said:

I agree to an extent, but what I’d add to that is due to players fitness/injuries we’ve often not been in a position to sell our assets for a profit. In hindsight there was a moment for each player when we either sold or kept hold of for another push at promotion. The opportunities for selling came quite early in DCs time when there was a real possibility we could go up. Soon after turning these offers down we were beset with constant injuries and issues surrounding fitness that ultimately destroyed any opportunity to sell for anywhere near what those players were worth to us. Yes, there were obviously times where we should have cut our losses and we were fools not to but the Carlos/Jos season we were literally down to bare bones and needed to keep hold of what we had to put out a side. We were then stuck with expensive crocks no one wanted and we have had to watch them run down their expensive contracts and limp off to pastures new. This is why we haven’t refreshed our squad to any great extent - no bugger wanted our once pretty good but now crocked players.

On 24/02/2020 at 13:07, ChinaOwl said:

I have never come across any other business that operate with wages costs amounting to 130%+ of the total annual turnover. I have never come across any other businesses that are willing to give employees carte blanche on what they earn. I am led to believe that our club made losses equivalent to the full three years' permitted losses in one year alone. I think that FFP or P & S is far from perfect. Adjustments are necessary but there needs to be some mechanism for reining in the excessive spending that occurs in football. Regardless of what you say, there are clubs that do operate within the constraints of P & S. Some can also do so and maintain competitive league positions or even promotion. I would rather not use it as an excuse. I would rather use it as a reason to adjust the status quo. 

As for my business, I have constraints put on losses I am permitted to make. Some of them are generated by creditors, some by government but most are self regulatory.

I,m learning something every day,even in my advanced years.Could you advise me what the constraints are and by what authority i.e. " 1 on losses I am permitted to make,2 those generated by creditors ,and 3 " some by government.?