Takeover Talks

Probably...Just like most on here. If you accept that is is mainly just online gossip it is quite amusing.

Once in a while a thread is either amusing or true as I said just like gossip.

In reality why would a fairly switched on Italian billionaire want to buy us  could think of plenty of more attractive prospects than us.

19 hours ago, ChinaOwl said:

Aye, if you want to ignore the reasons why the club exceeded the limitations to such an extent in the first place. "People like me" run businesses and we have various constraints in which our businesses have to operate. Some of the constraints I am up against are unbalanced and unfair. I have to build in contingency to deal with the constraints. That is the difference between being a strategist and gambler.

It has now been proved that it is possible to operate within the confines of P & S and still remain competitive. Some clubs do and our city rivals have even achieved automatic promotion doing just that. There are other examples. Difficult yes but not impossible. What you are saying is nothing more than a poor excuse for financial mismanagement.

Sorry ,I used to run a successful business for about 20 years and I never came across any other business where the owners were effectively prevented from putting money in to cover any losses or to buy assets etc and I wonder what type of business yours was ?

That club across the city which is now being lauded for doing things the right way is the one that spent ,was it 6 years in the pub league ,has a great youth/academy set up but always sold its best young players,an owner that never put any money in to buy better players ,loaned the club money but for a very nice rate of interest thank you.I think if we ever had a chaiman like that he would be hounded out very quickly indeed.Their present success has been brought about by finding an excellent manager and not by any great plan or the way the club was run but in spite of McCabe

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
15 hours ago, sherlyegg said:

Most from hot beds of football..:rolleyes:

Like China, USA, Malaysia, Saudi, UAE, Egypt and Thailand....None of em would get on question of sportlol

Arsenal > Stan Kroenke
Aston Villa > Nassef Sawiris
Bournemouth > Maxim Demin
Chelsea > Roman Abramovich
Crystal Palace > Joshua Harris
Everton > Farhad Moshiri
Leicester City > The Srivaddhanaprabha Family
Manchester City > Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan
Manchester United > The Glazer Family
Pigereers > Abdullah bin Musa'ed[
Southampton > Gao Jisheng
Watford > Gino Pozzo
Wolverhampton > Guo Guangchang
Leeds > Andrea Radrizzani
Fulham > Shahid Khan[
Nottingham Forest > Evangelos Marinakis
Swansea City > Stephen Kaplan
West Bromwich > Guochuan Lai

New drinking game..

After 5 pints of stones, see who can say that lot the quickest without dribbling and covering your opponents in gob.

5 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

Don't know if this has been asked but what does it matter if we have a billionaire owner?

The FA seem to only care about club revenue so how would a billionaire actually benefit us if he cant spend any of his money?

I don think the issue is the actual spending. Chansiri so we're told can spend but he's prevented from doing so. The issue is how were being run as a club etc that fans are fed up of.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, sethman75 said:

Don't know if this has been asked but what does it matter if we have a billionaire owner?

The FA seem to only care about club revenue so how would a billionaire actually benefit us if he cant spend any of his money?

I suppose there’s better potential for longevity with a billionaire. They can afford to subsidise us for longer without resorting to shït or bust. They should also be able to afford the infrastructure spend that doesn’t count towards FFP. 

Of course I’m sure some billionaire owners are rubbish too.

I'd love to see a business structure set up. D.O.F CEO, people who know football inside out. Experience throughout the club in all departments. Above all, guidance for the owner rather than having to wait for him to sign off on the bog rolls. It just seems right now that its Chansiri who runs the lot lock stock etc.

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, pioowl said:

Sorry ,I used to run a successful business for about 20 years and I never came across any other business where the owners were effectively prevented from putting money in to cover any losses or to buy assets etc and I wonder what type of business yours was ?

That club across the city which is now being lauded for doing things the right way is the one that spent ,was it 6 years in the pub league ,has a great youth/academy set up but always sold its best young players,an owner that never put any money in to buy better players ,loaned the club money but for a very nice rate of interest thank you.I think if we ever had a chaiman like that he would be hounded out very quickly indeed.Their present success has been brought about by finding an excellent manager and not by any great plan or the way the club was run but in spite of McCabe

I have never come across any other business that operate with wages costs amounting to 130%+ of the total annual turnover. I have never come across any other businesses that are willing to give employees carte blanche on what they earn. I am led to believe that our club made losses equivalent to the full three years' permitted losses in one year alone. I think that FFP or P & S is far from perfect. Adjustments are necessary but there needs to be some mechanism for reining in the excessive spending that occurs in football. Regardless of what you say, there are clubs that do operate within the constraints of P & S. Some can also do so and maintain competitive league positions or even promotion. I would rather not use it as an excuse. I would rather use it as a reason to adjust the status quo. 

As for my business, I have constraints put on losses I am permitted to make. Some of them are generated by creditors, some by government but most are self regulatory.