Takeover Talks

5 hours ago, Sonny said:

Is DBowl where you get your transfer rumours from?

fairly convinced @DBowl is a spotty fat barnsley lad  or some mischievous OTalker ?  

but if indeed a classy syrian lady with a rich, bentley & helicopter owning husband can find time from shopping at Harrods, to come on here every year or so with exactly the same rumour who am I to doubt it?  

another tip from my cluedo set is how is it this person still has contacts within the club despite the regime having completely changed? 

5 minutes ago, steelowl said:

fairly convinced @DBowl is a spotty fat barnsley lad  or some mischievous OTalker ?  

but if indeed a classy syrian lady with a rich, bentley & helicopter owning husband can find time from shopping at Harrods, to come on here every year or so with exactly the same rumour who am I to doubt it?  

another tip from my cluedo set is how is it this person still has contacts within the club despite the regime having completely changed? 

Oh absolutely, Barnsley or Rotherham, that’s the only question in my mind. 

11 hours ago, prowl said:

It works for me. I'd take Rafa in a heartbeat but I doubt he'd take us.

He like most manager/footballers will go where the money is, he had a season in the championship with Newcastle and was reportedly on £6m for the season and a big big bonus on promotion.

When your offering that sort of deal you could pretty much have anyone, it also helps that you have parachute payments to help make such crazy deals.

• Like 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

We were still better off than we are now, hell we still have players on huge wages not getting a game who were here during the Milan era.

Define better off? We were struggling at the bottom of the Championship and he had just sold our best player for next to nowt! DC has made mistakes yes but saying we were better off under MM I would agree to disagree 

6 minutes ago, soldierboyblue said:

Define better off? We were struggling at the bottom of the Championship and he had just sold our best player for next to nowt! DC has made mistakes yes but saying we were better off under MM I would agree to 

Under Milan we saw year up on year progress, we were comfortable mid table, if we ventured anywhere near the bottom of the table the old cheque book came straight out and player were brought in.

Westwood, Lees,Palmer, Lee, Hutchinson, Dave and even Wickham were all here in the Milan era. 

Have we really seen that much progress to justify £150m outlay.

2 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Under Milan we saw year up on year progress, we were comfortable mid table, if we ventured anywhere near the bottom of the table the old cheque book came straight out and player were brought in.

Westwood, Lees,Palmer, Lee, Hutchinson, Dave and even Wickham were all here in the Milan era. 

Most of those were free transfers, as I say we will agree to disagree.

MM openly stated he didn’t want to take the club to the next level and we were losing money and he was taking loans out against the ground. 

DC has made mistakes yes many but MM would not have delivered anything better

4 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

We were never getting back to back playoffs under Milan had he been here for another 10 years.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sweetsheri said:

Considering what we've spent and the trouble it has brought then we have monumentally screwed up

100 odd million and we are left with the team we have today? Couldn't make it up

Agreed but 100 odd million has not been spent on playing staff has it? The issue with the team is DCs reluctance to move players on and freshen up the squad when it was required. This has resulted in the players being too comfortable and the rest of the issues we presently have.

Just now, Blue and white said:

We were treading water under MM in my opinion.

We did well with our free signings but lets not kid ourselves the football was woeful, the pitch was a disgrace and we were going nowhere.

MM knew what to say and when to say it to get enough people on board, helped by dishing out a few £10 tickets now and again.

DC had (has) progression in mind - he just doesn't have the the individual knowledge/ability or the right team around him.

No one can blame him for his intentions but i am not sure anyone can defend how he's gone about it 

It could not be more typical Wednesday!!!