Here’s today’s starting lineup..

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

I don't have much time for Monk. Perhaps I'll think better of him in two hours time.

But. You can't hold him accountable for recruitment. That can't be and absolutely shouldn't be his job

He said he wanted the players we brought in, I think he's accountable for sure. 

4 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Who do we play in the middle then? Also, FF as played a striker role previously. 

The team will certainly be set up to counter attack rather than playing aimless balls!! 

4 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Who do we play in the middle then? Also, FF as played a striker role previously. 

The team will certainly be set up to counter attack rather than playing aimless balls!! 

I’d rather play iorfa in midfield than joey

And when did FF last play as a lone striker? 

2 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Think you can drop Forestieri deeper than that on the teamsheet. 

Think it is close to strikerless as we are going to see. Think Forestieri will drop into gaps with Bannan and look to play Harris and Murphy in.  

It is designed to counter well.  

Like I said it works brilliantly or completely falls apart as players cant get the way to play it.

To be honest, at this stage, I just want the points!

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again the fact Monk didn’t feel the need to sign a centre midfielder in January knowing he’d bombed out Hutchinson, with Bannan out of form, Luongo constantly injured and Kieran Lee a shadow of his former self leaving himself with Joey Pelupessy as a viable midfield option is simply staggering.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Prince said:

Jesus Christ I am finding it hard to stand by the give Monk time ethos with that line up. What’s the point of paying loan fees for players to sit on the bench.  What’s the point of having Fletcher, Nuhiu and Wickham all on the bench either, 3 versions of the big man up front, I personally can’t see that side giving a very average Birmingham side a game today.

Spot on. We are hardly flush in terms of what we can spend in terms of P&S but it was clear we needed some attacking impetus in attacking and from midfield which was made more important when Fletcher got injured. 

We then waited until the end of the window to secure signings during which 4 or 5 league matches passed with the same problems in attack. We then sign 3 players, one of which had an impact on debut but now none can get in the starting 11 and with Fletcher on his way back and Forestieri involved again it is unlikely that Da Cruz, Wickham and Windass will be regular starters, just seems a waste as you say.

5 minutes ago, royalowlisback said:

We are going to get dry-humped on set pieces, lump on for an hattrick for their giant striker who always scores against us.

We aren’t our usual Land if the Giants but Iorfa, Borner and Lees should be ok.

And it’s not as if we’ve defended well recently when fielding Nuhiu and/or Wickham.

If anyone finds a plot laying about somewhere, please return it to Monk, he’s lost one.

Forestieri holding the frontline on his own? Er, OK then. I suspect the ball will keep coming back, putting our midfield and defence under pressure.

Sub bench looks stronger than the first team line-up. Strange.

New recruits dropped already. Why recruit them then?

Adamant he won’t consider Hutch and Westwood, saying they’re both injured. Must’ve slipped on the kitchen floor both of them, it’s not from playing football.

Put under pressure by interview recently and coming across very sheepishly and defensive.

I’m fed up with him to be honest.

I’ll applaud him if his team changes work though. Just can’t see it.

2 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again the fact Monk didn’t feel the need to sign a centre midfielder in January knowing he’d bombed out Hutchinson, with Bannan out of form, Luongo constantly injured and Kieran Lee a shadow of his former self leaving himself with Joey Pelupessy as a viable midfield option is simply staggering.

Yep, we've signed a striker, a forward and an attack-minded midfielder/number 10 on loan but none can get in the starting line up today despite Fletcher being not fit to start and yet we are stuck with what we have got in central/defensive midfield.