Here’s today’s starting lineup..

14 hours ago, Ian said:

I’m not sure what worse.....that you think Lees was immense or that you feel the need to tell us all 4 times

Haha, sorry, another couple of mobile phone hiccups! Should have said "second half", dont know where that went and reception was all over the place. We looked so much better when Iorfa and Pelupessy went off. The shape was more natural and the responsibilities looked clearer.

Guest wilyfox

That starting line-up was a bad idea. Desperate tinkering from a manager scratching around for a result. Half-time changes & improved performance second half vindicated criticism of his selection. 

16 hours ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Whoopty Do! :ghoulguy:

We were lucky not to concede 4 in the first half and the manager had to change his plan completely at half-time.

2nd half was much improved but that's now 6 points from 11 games and the knack of conceding late on continues.

Maybe we will win the next one though eh?

We just have to manage our expectations more. Us grown ups realise that we are not going to suddenly become polar opposites overnight dont we? I predicted a draw because it would be a huge step forward against another form side. We scored 3 and nearly got the win, with a much better second half. I have always said it would most probably get worse before it got better and now hopefully its getting better  

7 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Pens don’t count then? 

Many have said FF played extremely well until been subbed. 

we scored 2 goals whilst playing the formation everyone grumbled about...more that the previous games. 

That's one way to look at it. Another would be that despite a defensive formation we conceded two goals in the first half in an away game for the first time since last April. 

15 hours ago, Ian said:

I’m not sure what worse.....that you think Lees was immense or that you feel the need to tell us all 4 times

I rate players on their effectiveness in their positions and how they help the team outside that. I dont rate players on whether I like them or not.

According to the stats on today's sites our two top players were Bannan and Forestieri followed by Tom Lees and Lee, so my assesment seems to be more in line with what actually happened. Iorfa is aloose cannon in defence. We looked better without him. Same in midfield when Pelupessy went off. I understood why we started that way, but the changes were spot on.

36 minutes ago, alanharper said:

That's one way to look at it. Another would be that despite a defensive formation we conceded two goals in the first half in an away game for the first time since last April. 

it was one of those games pal...what I don’t understand is why are folk always looking for a negative? We’ve gone to an inform Birmingham and got a decent point. Yes it’s disappointing to concede in the last minute again but we’ve just shown a bit of promise for the first time in several games. 

48 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Pens don’t count then? 

we scored 2 goals whilst playing the formation everyone grumbled about...more that the previous games. 

Great Jack. Well done. I am forever in your shadow. FF is a lone striker you're right

Well done Garry Monk. Got a performance out of them yesterday. 

We didn’t deserve to lose two points yesterday and there’s still hope if you can get them organised and working hard fir each other again.

Praise where praise is due.

I definitely wasn’t convinced about that line up before kick off though.

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Pens don’t count then? 

We were lucky not to be behind at half-time and the fact the manager changed it at that point suggests it wasn't working so well. We were the better side 2nd half once the formation and starting line up had been altered.  

It’s easy to suggest we should have started with the second half lineup but it was likely Fox, Fletcher and even Wickham were not up to 90 mins without risking them breaking down.

Their first goal was nothing to do with the formation or Monk and he  probably took Iorfa off because he by far the worst of our centre halves in the air