Here’s today’s starting lineup..

8 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Forestieri won’t be able to do much with the aimless pumps upfield by Lees. Very random to have Wickham, Fletcher AND Nuhiu on the bench but none starting.

The further forward Bannan plays (as the OT massif wants), the more likely we will see hoofs from the back 

Lees & Borner aren't exactly cultured CBs 

1 minute ago, hirstyboywonder said:

Yep, we've signed a striker, a forward and an attack-minded midfielder/number 10 on loan but none can get in the starting line up today despite Fletcher being not fit to start and yet we are stuck with what we have got in central/defensive midfield.  

Exactly. Signings we were desperate for at the beginning of January. I can understand them not playing every minute but they wont get match fit on the bench.

9 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

re-read my post...it never mentions anything about a lone striker!!! It clearly says he’s played a striker role previously. 

Yes usually with a target man alongside.

What makes monk think FF can play a lone role? 

Is a conundrum how to keep fans happy. I don't think it's possible whatever you do.

All you can do really is win games. It's doesn't make them happy. But it's buys 3 days respite.

• Play one up top - One up top is pathetic, Monk!
  • Play two up top- We're weak in midfield ,Monkl!
  • Hit the big man early - Sick of hoofball ,Monk!
  • Play little players  - we need folks who can head, Monk!
  • Play possession football- we need to stop inviting it and put it in the mixer, Monk!
  • Play longer - f*cking hoofball, we need to get it down and play,Monk!
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, deano said:

He said he wanted the players we brought in, I think he's accountable for sure. 

Really?

So what if he said that (I have no idea if he did). He isn't going to say "no, we've signed players I don't want". 

Sure, he is part of this in that he will have had input on priorities; style of player; and no doubt the opportunity to comment on individual targets once identified. (Though how much value there is in that last point is debatable. The most feasible for the first team manager is a couple of videos, and I guess asking the scouts and the quants guys what they are seeing to bring out issues And he can make precisely zero assessment as to match fitness).

Budget setting. Long listing and short listing of targets. Data analytics. Negotiations with selling clubs/agents/players. Contract completion. None of these are remotely for the manager.

Precisely one of our issues in recent years is that we seem to lack skills and depth in the player acquisition end of the business. That's not a matter for the first team manager.

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Suely they won't be playing as traditional wingers, playing closer together with quick precise passing.

I personally think those two will play more like strikers than Forestieri today. Convinced we will be looking to play them in on goal all the time. Just like Liverpool do with Salah and Mane.

• Like 1

Just now, Lord Snooty said:

Is a conundrum how to keep fans happy. I don't think it's possible whatever you do.

All you can do really is win games. It's doesn't make them happy. But it's buys 3 days respite.

• Play one up top - One up top is pathetic, Monk!
  • Play two up top- We're weak in midfield ,Monkl!
  • Hit the big man early - Sick of hoofball ,Monk!
  • Play little players  - we need folks who can head, Monk!
  • Play possession football- we need to stop inviting it and put it in the mixer, Monk!
  • Play longer - f*cking hoofball, we need to get it down and play,Monk!

So why is Joey in the side?

And why does he think FF can play as a lone striker. 
2 wingers suggest lots of crosses... erm to who? 

1 minute ago, thewookieisdown said:

Really?

So what if he said that (I have no idea if he did). He isn't going to say "no, we've signed players I don't want". 

Sure, he is part of this in that he will have had input on priorities; style of player; and no doubt the opportunity to comment on individual targets once identified. (Though how much value there is in that last point is debatable. The most feasible for the first team manager is a couple of videos, and I guess asking the scouts and the quants guys what they are seeing to bring out issues And he can make precisely zero assessment as to match fitness).

Budget setting. Long listing and short listing of targets. Data analytics. Negotiations with selling clubs/agents/players. Contract completion. None of these are remotely for the manager.

Precisely one of our issues in recent years is that we seem to lack skills and depth in the player acquisition end of the business. That's not a matter for the first team manager.

Yes