Odds For Relegation

1 minute ago, steelowl said:

hopefully we win the case but The mess that follows this penalty is going to benefit only one trade -lawyers  as I can't imagine DC will take relegation via a penalty without a fight 

Well, he’s involved the lawyers BEFORE the case. That’s his tactic. If he fails in his bid to get the action judged unlawful - then we truly are at the mercy of the EFL, and personally I think they’re gonna make an example of us. 

It's looking nailed on unless we get rid of Monk and Bullen and bring in someone like Colin with their own coaching team. Can only see us staying up now, stabilising and rebuilding, if another Bruce type is brought in short term. We've regressed back to the Jos era, pre-Bruce, as DC never learns from his mistakes and Monk was a terrible appointment. Under DC we've only had two decent seasons that ultimately ended in failure despite being close and after Carlos, Bruce as been the only sensible appointment. We're even more directionless and leaderless off the pitch than we are on it, and it feels like groundhog day. If we somehow stay up, I won't be surprised to see similar threads and a similar situation this time next year again.

2 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

It's looking nailed on unless we get rid of Monk and Bullen and bring in someone like Colin with their own coaching team. Can only see us staying up now, stabilising and rebuilding, if another Bruce type is brought in short term. We've regressed back to the Jos era, pre-Bruce, as DC never learns from his mistakes and Monk was a terrible appointment. Under DC we've only had two decent seasons that ultimately ended in failure despite being close and after Carlos, Bruce as been the only sensible appointment. We're even more directionless and leaderless off the pitch than we are on it, and it feels like groundhog day. If we somehow stay up, I won't be surprised to see similar threads and a similar situation this time next year again.

Think Colins comfortable in his slippers now mate. Can't see him managing again.

43 minutes ago, Essix Blue said:

Bloody hell. That’s a long time ago - remember it well

We were hoping the FL would keep us up as a result, IIRC.

That said, if Swindon's demotion was the factor behind 4 promotion spots in 90-91, then without Swindon,  we'd have ended up in the D2 playoffs against Colin & Cole...

there was 7/1 available to back on betfair earlier, which I took. We are now in my view more likely to go down than stay up because I can't see us getting more than a dozen or so points, and that's optimistic. We're likely to have between 12 and 21 points docked. (the market rules are clear that a points dedcution is just part of it all)

It may be we won't have a deduction and the leadership has done this right. But that's unlikely. Chansiri is likely to have got it wrong if he ran the show himself, and unlikely to have delegated it properly.

If Monk is sacked tomorrow, as should happen, our prospective points yield could change. Whoever it is is unlikely to be a worse manager than Monk. Even so, the points dedcution is likely to be enough to take us down.

While I'm on, you can still get 5/4 Birmingham for to beat us next Sat, which is insanely good value.

2 hours ago, nilsson said:

I’d be surprised if they could deduct points after the season to relegate us. We’d have to know going into the last games whether we needed a win.

And aren’t the fixtures for the new season normally released in June?

Me too, was really just trying to explain how the bookies could refuse to pay out.

But on the other hand we are contesting which could delay any outcome..it may / could just be a simple matter of time runs out for this season. Though , If so I would expect a - points start next season rather than a points deduction after the season is over.

Can't really compare Brum with us as they accepted the charge, even so it still took months.

I've no idea why derby are 9/2 and we are 20/1..seems very strange.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Anyone putting money on us to get relegated are tvvats in my opinion, I bet you'll be willing opponents on in remaining games, not that you'll be at the games as I don't think that many on this forum actually go. 

ST on north, renewed for next season

missed 4 or 5 away games so far

i had a tenner on reading winning yesterday purely on the fact we're playing rubbish

( i also had a tenner on various Wednesday win scenarios)

i've bet on us being relegated, at them odds and our current form and EFL charges looming its daft not too

If they come off i'm up 1200 quid, which means my ST will be paid for for the 21/22 season

if we don't get relegated i've lost 20 quid

20 quid i'm happy to lose to see us stop up

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Anyone putting money on us to get relegated are tvvats in my opinion, I bet you'll be willing opponents on in remaining games, not that you'll be at the games as I don't think that many on this forum actually go.

Ive put 30 quid on, 20 on us to drop and 10 for us to finish bottom.

A, No I wont be willing us to lose.

B, I go as I've had a ST for years.

C, Ive been called much worse tbf.

But if we do drop I'llhave a healthy about of beer drinking money whilst I drown my sorrows!

Hope I lose though!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I said there’d be one ........

lol

• Haha 7