Odds For Relegation

40 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Didn't I read that bets on relegation are voided if they is a points deduction?

I don’t think so. Bet Victor were offering me a ridiculous cash out pre Covid nearly £200 odd quid but I hung tight. They’re not offering a cash out at the moment though. 

Naturally I don’t want us to go down but if it happens my bet will soften the blow (a tiny bit) 

B44B7FB0-7A76-45E2-8755-495BD75ED21D.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Guest Theboylangers
21 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I don’t think so. Bet Victor were offering me a ridiculous cash out pre Covid nearly £200 odd quid but I hung tight. They’re not offering a cash out at the moment though. 

Naturally I don’t want us to go down but if it happens my bet will soften the blow (a tiny bit) 

B44B7FB0-7A76-45E2-8755-495BD75ED21D.jpeg

Skybet have been consistent throughout in that they have only offered £2.02 cashback on a similar bet to yours. It's now gone down to £1.34! 

12 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I don't care what is going on with the club I would never bet against my own team.

:bullen:

Why? You have got more knowledge of Wednesday than any other club so what not use it to your advantage?

It was clear there was a potential points deduction coming so I got on it early. I’ll bet if we are likely to win, and I’ll bet if we are likely to lose. I don’t see the problem 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Theboylangers said:

Skybet have been consistent throughout in that they have only offered £2.02 cashback on a similar bet to yours. It's now gone down to £1.34! 

That’s really tight of them! I’ve not had a cash out option for quite a wee while for my bet

1 hour ago, room0035 said:

I don't care what is going on with the club I would never bet against my own team.

:bullen:

And it's people like you that make the rest of us money every year.

So often we're the favourites in exchanges for games that we are never going to win simply due to this attitude.  It pays for my season ticket most years!

• Haha 1

Just not bothered...

2 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Didn't I read that bets on relegation are voided if they is a points deduction?

Nah this was cleared up a while ago. 

Relegation no matter how it happens = bets are paid out 

• Like 1

For those that bet on us to be relegated.

If we are deducted, for sake of argument  21 pts, we will be relegated and you will win your bet.

But if we appeal and the appeal is heard after last match of season....and we lose the appeal and thus relegated after season is over, you will lose your bet.

The bookies know this, that's why they offer what seems genererous odds.

Right now you can get 5/1 at worst...now think about that...why? When almost certainly..according to some we are in for a 12 pt deduction at best.

We should be 7/1 on.

3 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

If we are deducted, for sake of argument  21 pts, we will be relegated and you will win your bet.

But if we appeal and the appeal is heard after last match of season....and we lose the appeal and thus relegated after season is over, you will lose your bet.

Right now you can get 5/1 at worst...now think about that...why? When almost certainly..according to some we are in for a 12 pt deduction at best.

We should be 7/1 on.

You’re wrong. Hearts weren’t relegated they were voted out of the league but the

bookies paid out on my bet for that. 

And the maximum points deduction we can get is 12 points

5 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

We should be 7/1 on.

I believe you’re wrong. 

But we’ll beg to differ 

30 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Is everyone that backed us to go down happy that they’ve lost their bet?

You’ve all spent months hoping that you lose your money..

No, they're furious that the odds next year will be crap!