Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

22 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Will offer same as I offered another poster £500 bet for a charity we won't get relegated next season

No thanks.  I’d feel bad for you.

Does betting large sums of money mean your opinion is more important or something?

Edited by Westfield Owl

3 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

No thanks.  I’d feel bad taking money off a fellow owl.

Does betting large sums of money mean your opinion is more important or something?

Charity is the winner and your confident we will be relegated or you post crap and won't back it up

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Your making a fool of yourself.

Please stop spamming the thread.

It’s actually quite refreshing to read a supporter, supporting their team rather than a million and one snide league one posts. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

It’s actually quite refreshing to read a supporter, supporting their team rather than a million and one snide league one posts. 

Call me old fashioned but I come on here to discuss my club, not to have charity bet challenges.  That’s not refreshing to me, I find it weird.

Back on topic now?

49 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

I was very much in favour of bringing in Rowett after Bruce left.

I have the posts to prove it.  Got plenty of negs for it too.

But yes, lots of posters on here were very dismissive and critical of Rowett’s track record.  They seem to have gone very quite on talking about the bloke for some reason 😆

I was keen for us to get him in too. But I was pleased with Monk too given what he’d done at Birmingham and Leeds

There is no chance we will get Hickey, but as I said before we should look at Souttar from Hearts who would fit perfectly in our 3 man back line and would certainly improve it. 

And as I noted in FREE Agents topic, there were fair few people left surprised as Celtic let Liam Burt leave for Free. Suposed to be ecellent prospects and is linked with Barnsley. 

Edited by malek

38 minutes ago, 2soon said:

I could have quoted a few of the posts regarding this....

Bringing in young players that need to time to settle given the deduction isn't too clever. I'm all for it in general but find it assuming the 'need an experienced goalie' but fill the outfield with young lads thing that is going on....

Both our keepers will be very experienced compared to the babes we are in for. I hope we bring in one or 2 decent older players who will teach them how to play in the Championship. All young inexperienced players isn't necessarily a great idea.

We could do with a very experienced spine and plenty of young fit enthusiastic talented players around them. The youngsters do seem to have talent though which is a major step forward.

Once we get past next season the pressure will be off somewhat. I'd say half a dozen quality young signings this season plus a few older ones. By next season this years signings will have found their feet and we can bring in more and let some experienced players go. Year on year replacement of older players with young vibrant players. A few sales of youngsters for good money along the way and we will be set up for the future.

2 minutes ago, steelcityowlsfan said:

Weren’t we linked with Turnbull at Motherwell before he got injured?

We were, but he turned us down to sign with Celtic, but that fell through. 

Still expect him to sign with them. 

• Like 1

Forest turn down a bid for Matty Cash from the pigs for 10m

Looks like a bidding war is starting so another championship team will get a pot of gold to spend

Even without the minus 12 points we can’t compete with this. We just don’t have the assets to sell to enable us to buy new players 

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Looks like a bidding war is starting so another championship team will get a pot of gold to spend

Even without the minus 12 points we can’t compete with this. We just don’t have the assets to sell to enable us to buy new players 

This is why we need to be looking at unproven League one/League two and Academy prospects!

20 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

If the wage cap comes in this close season then restrictions on losses may be a thing of the past. The impact on transfer fees is unclear but in theory if DC had money and was willing he could buy players but the wages would be under the 18m a season barrier.

42 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

If the wage cap comes in this close season then restrictions on losses may be a thing of the past. The impact on transfer fees is unclear but in theory if DC had money and was willing he could buy players but the wages would be under the 18m a season barrier.

Unless you can do something like that, with a wage cap, with an expenditure limit then you can’t call it Fair Play. 

it’s like saying to usain bolt, you won last time so start half way down the track. It’s not fair. 

only with the failure (Parachute)  payment it’s even more distorted. 

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

Matty Cash Premier League quality ? 

Yeah I've got a few forest supporting mates say he is. It seems he drags them through games when they are playing sh*t and is pretty switched on tactically now. A good signing for a lower half prem team which united will inevitably be next year