Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, 1/10/1983 said:

All I can say is that I heard it from somebody who you would think would know for sure.

Att, is that you? 

9 minutes ago, FlyingOwl said:

Ampadu, Tuanzebe, Gallagher, Kenny, Skipp, Nelson, Willock & Chong all hilariously unrealistic. 

In the slim chance ANY of them are bound for a championship team on loan...it certainly wont be one on a -12 deduction. In the slimmest chance they end up in the championship it’ll really only be to one of the relegated three. 

They’re all either players who will have a squad role at their clubs next season or will end up on loan at much better teams than us. 

I did say some are now in achievable now due to the points deduction. Why is Gallagher laughable? He’s been at Swansea this season. I guarantee at least one on that list will be playing for us next season. I’ll stake my season ticket on it 🤣

2 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

I did say some are now in achievable now due to the points deduction. Why is Gallagher laughable? He’s been at Swansea this season. I guarantee at least one on that list will be playing for us next season. I’ll stake my season ticket on it 🤣

I'd love Gallagher but I reckon he could be going to a top Championship side with hos development and how Chelsea rate him. Could see him at a Watford, Norwich or Bournemouth. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Absolutely no chance in hell. 

14 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surprised just how quiet it is with players being linked etc considering how desperate we are for a big number of new signings. 

Well Monk was saying last week he didn’t know if KL and Atdhe were coming or going. They are surely the two easiest deals to do. It worried me then. We are now at least a week on and still nothing. 

• Like 1

One of the biggest tasks this short window, is what to do with Jordan Rhodes. It seems pretty clear that Monk doesn’t rate him, but will that change now he is our only recognised striker? If not, we need to be proactive in finding a solution. He still has a value, which won’t be an awful lot, given his form, and the current climate means that we are unlikely to get any meaningful fee. We should be looking at swap deals if that can help facilitate his move. There would probably be a few clubs in this league who would take a chance on him if no actual fee was involved. It was mooted that Blackburn and Huddersfield might be interested, perhaps there might be a trade off there, but something definitely needs to be done

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Surprised just how quiet it is with players being linked etc considering how desperate we are for a big number of new signings. 

I think a lot of players will be taking their “holiday” last week and this week before clubs return to training next week. And also the season only finished last night, plus Wigan’s status confirmed too. So the final league standings are now known for everyone. 

For these reasons I think we’ll see more deals being confirmed from next week. 

We’ve just got to hope that we do have some scope to bring decent players in. If we just sign up the same players as last season on free’s and loans then it’s going to be a tough task staying up

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

One of the biggest tasks this short window, is what to do with Jordan Rhodes. It seems pretty clear that Monk doesn’t rate him, but will that change now he is our only recognised striker? If not, we need to be proactive in finding a solution. He still has a value, which won’t be an awful lot, given his form, and the current climate means that we are unlikely to get any meaningful fee. We should be looking at swap deals if that can help facilitate his move. There would probably be a few clubs in this league who would take a chance on him if no actual fee was involved. It was mooted that Blackburn and Huddersfield might be interested, perhaps there might be a trade off there, but something definitely needs to be done

Based on how sparingly he used him towards the end of the season, I'm assuming Monk would love to move Rhodes on.

He's entering the final year of his contract now, so I think I'm right in saying that amortisation shouldn't hamper us in letting him go on a free if a similar offer to Norwich's comes in this summer?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I think a lot of players will be taking their “holiday” last week and this week before clubs return to training next week. And also the season only finished last night, plus Wigan’s status confirmed too. So the final league standings are now known for everyone. 

For these reasons I think we’ll see more deals being confirmed from next week. 

We’ve just got to hope that we do have some scope to bring decent players in. If we just sign up the same players as last season on free’s and loans then it’s going to be a tough task staying up

for sure many players are away on holiday though guess most negotiations are between clubs and agents anyhow 

20 minutes ago, modboy said:

for sure many players are away on holiday though guess most negotiations are between clubs and agents anyhow 

True though those deals don’t tend to be announced  until the player is pictured at the club signing the contract or holding a shirt with a look of regret on their face. 

• Haha 2