Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

This is a serious attempt to upgrade our U23s

Maybe Edinburghowl can bring us up to speed Isn’t he supposed to be one of the hottest talents in Scotland Oh, there is the small matter of Bayern Munich also being interested

Looks a right talent, anyone watching the conference play off final ?  Callum Roberts for Notts County looks decent 

3 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really would like to see us sign a new number one keeper. Someone that gives the defence the confidence that they need. I don’t feel either of the 2 young keepers do that. 

Well we still have Westwood on the books and quite frankly he might as well be earning his large wage.

Both Wildsmith and Dawson have had the chance to impress and haven't been totally convincing.

Guest wilyfox
7 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Another link, we are one of a few championship clubs chasing Korede Adedoyin 19, following his release by Everton

Paxo all over it :ph34r:

4 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Paxo all over it :ph34r:

First Fesayo 19, Keke Simmonds 18, Aaron Hickey 18, James Garner 19, Korede Adedoyin 19, Joel Latibeaudiere 20 and Nathan Holland 22.  I say, keep up the good work Paxo

• Like 3

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

First Fesayo 19, Keke Simmonds 18, Aaron Hickey 18, James Garner 19, Korede Adedoyin 19, Joel Latibeaudiere 20 and Nathan Holland 22.  I say, keep up the good work Paxo

I wouldn't go jumping for joy just yet. Trail gone cold on Holland, and Garner will probably go elsewhere.

As for Hickey... Bayern or Wednesday? Yes, I see your bundesliga titles and raise you -12 championship points. Good luck. 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/amp/football/53629596?__twitter_impression=true

Hearts left-back Aaron Hickey is attracting interest from clubs across Europe, including Bayern Munich, Aston Villa and Bologna.

The 18-year-old is in the final year of his contract at Tynecastle, with Hearts valuing him at £1.5m.

Serie A side Bologna would meet the asking price, and Hickey is impressed by what the Italian club have to offer.

The Scotland under-17 international is also keen to find out more from Bayern and what they have to offer.

Championship club Sheffield Wednesday are also interested in signing Hickey, while Celtic have been asked to be kept informed of bids from elsewhere.

Hearts were relegated from the Scottish Premiership last season, and begin their Championship campaign in October.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

I wouldn't go jumping for joy just yet. Trail gone cold on Holland, and Garner will probably go elsewhere.

As for Hickey... Bayern or Wednesday? Yes, I see your bundesliga titles and raise you -12 championship points. Good luck. 

Holland is still injured I believe, but it’s what we’re trying to do that’s impressing me. We aren’t going to get all of those players, we might not get any, but it’s refreshing that we’re looking at that calibre of player

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Holland is still injured I believe, but it’s what we’re trying to do that’s impressing me. We aren’t going to get all of those players, we might not get any, but it’s refreshing that we’re looking at that calibre of player

And long overdue,  much rather be looking at these kind of links than been linked with the standard championship journeymen like your Leadbitters and Chris Martin 

If anything positive can be taken at all , it’s that our recruitment intentions do seem at last to be heading in the right direction 

13 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

That's got to be the way forward. Better recruitment; bringing in young players, selling them on for a profit and steadily progressing on and off the pitch. A good mix of experience and youth with the right blend of battlers, ball players and athleticism.

It will take time but will have far better rewards in the long run than continuing to bring in players with no resale value and not selling players on. If any good comes out of the mess Chansiri and his advisers have got us in, then maybe targeting younger players and long term goals is something that has been long overdue and should have been the aim at the start of Chansiri's reign. 

Edited by The Night-Owl
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, frastheowl said:

How many were saying that about 11 months ago when he desperately wanted the Wednesday job?

There wasn't too many, I seem to recall. 

I was very much in favour of bringing in Rowett after Bruce left.

I have the posts to prove it.  Got plenty of negs for it too.

But yes, lots of posters on here were very dismissive and critical of Rowett’s track record.  They seem to have gone very quite on talking about the bloke for some reason 😆

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

This is a serious attempt to upgrade our U23s

Maybe Edinburghowl can bring us up to speed Isn’t he supposed to be one of the hottest talents in Scotland Oh, there is the small matter of Bayern Munich also being interested

Little chance of this I feel with the teams that are interested but the one sell we could offer is he would go straight into the starting XI. 

Would be a top signing 

Edited by edinburghowl
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

Little chance of this I feel with the teams that are interested but the one sell we could offer is he would go straight into the starting XI.

Straight into the starting XI and then straight into League One next year.

The kid would probably rather sign with any of the other possible suitors than us.  Not going to happen.

56 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

That's got to be the way forward. Better recruitment; bringing in young players, selling them on for a profit and steadily progressing on and off the pitch. 

I could have quoted a few of the posts regarding this....

Bringing in young players that need to time to settle given the deduction isn't too clever. I'm all for it in general but find it assuming the 'need an experienced goalie' but fill the outfield with young lads thing that is going on....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Straight into the starting XI and then straight into League One next year.

The kid would probably rather sign with any of the other possible suitors than us.  Not going to happen.

Will offer same as I offered another poster £500 bet for a charity we won't get relegated next season