Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

5 minutes ago, jonesy87shef said:

Yeh I remember him. Young lad at city. What ever happened to him?

I suppose that’s the kind of suggestion I’m interested in. Players who had big promise and fizzled our. 

I assume he’s had a good season or two for you to mention him.

He was huge prospects at City, but lost his way. 

Last couple of years he is Playing in Ireland for Shamrock Rovers and is biggest star up there. He rediscovered his love for football, got called up to ROI national team, made his international debut and won himself player of the year award. Even scored fantastic "no look" Free kick on Saturday.

In my opinion well worth taking a gamble on. 

• Like 2

Think juketviez from brum might be available soon? Fell out with kranky at boro so can’t see him playing much for them now? 31 now but still a real handful and scores ? Ideal replacement for fletch? Like idea of signing youth but still gona need cup of old heads in the team

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Mick70 said:

Think juketviez from brum might be available soon? Fell out with kranky at boro so can’t see him playing much for them now? 31 now but still a real handful and scores ? Ideal replacement for fletch? Like idea of signing youth but still gona need cup of old heads in the team

If Nuhiu isn't going to stay, then he'd be a great addition to the squad.

As you say, we're going to need some battle-hardened b*stards with the right attitude to scrap our way to safety at times next season.

• Like 1

George Tanner, RB released by Man Utd signed for Carlisle. 

Done much better than Man City's released RB who signed for Waterford in Ireland. 

Just to add bit of perspektive how good some on top Premiership club's prospects really are. 

Hit and miss, absolutely. 

the top 8 academies have a network of scouting across the country, so all the best kids end up there. 

when Huddersfield closed their academy they explained that Man City had more scouts in Huddersfield than Huddersfield. 

same for Brentford. 

11 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

Id like us to sign Marcus Maddison and Jackson Irvine. Good recruits both on free transfers. 

I've always liked Jordan Hugill as a nuhiu/replacement. Big and mobile

No thanks. Irvine and Maddison couldn't keep Hull in the championship from a standing start. They'll fall flat on their face here.

Just now, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Must be a reason no championship team has taken a chance on Maddison. He’s been a stand out league 1 player for a while now

Plenty have looked, but pretty much all have rejected the idea. Even League One Sunderland cooled their interest, and I believe he’s a Sunderland fan. While there are doubts about whether he’d be good enough for the Championship, surely he’s worth a punt for a league one side

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Shelley Owl said:

Given our current predicament, I'd have him here in a heartbeat. A nasty bugger who gives everything and puts himself about. He is exactly what we need 

He can play as well. Good technical ability, not just a physical presence. His link-play is excellent. Strikes a mean free-kick too.

15 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Plenty have looked, but pretty much all have rejected the idea. Even League One Sunderland cooled their interest, and I believe he’s a Sunderland fan. While there are doubts about whether he’d be good enough for the Championship, surely he’s worth a punt for a league one side

Possible off the field issues. Not really a Parkinson player 

1 minute ago, Bluesteel said:

Possible off the field issues. Not really a Parkinson player 

That could explain it, as I’ve always thought he’d be a good fit for Sunderland Guess you don’t know what goes on behind the scenes

5 hours ago, djorkaeff said:

Hit and miss, absolutely. 

the top 8 academies have a network of scouting across the country, so all the best kids end up there. 

when Huddersfield closed their academy they explained that Man City had more scouts in Huddersfield than Huddersfield. 

same for Brentford. 

that’s right for here too.  My lad is with Man City. You see more Man City scouts at junior games than all the local teams put together.  

As a parent they take you to there training centre and there’s no competition.  The coaching and facilities and a million miles in front of anything Wednesday could do.  

I bleed blue and white and so does my lad.  But there’s no way I’d let him leave to go to Wednesday.  

That’s the issue.  They are hoovering up all the young talent and other clubs just can’t compete.  

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, Savo said:

that’s right for here too.  My lad is with Man City. You see more Man City scouts at junior games than all the local teams put together.  

As a parent they take you to there training centre and there’s no competition.  The coaching and facilities and a million miles in front of anything Wednesday could do.  

I bleed blue and white and so does my lad.  But there’s no way I’d let him leave to go to Wednesday.  

That’s the issue.  They are hoovering up all the young talent and other clubs just can’t compete.  

That’s the reality of it. You want the best for your kid. The option of learning your trade in the hope of improving and playing for City whilst training in the best facilities with the best youngsters around. That versus plying your trade at Wednesday who don’t have a glowing list of players recently graduated from their academy.

• Like 1