Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

10 hours ago, Swiss Toni said:

That’s the reality of it. You want the best for your kid. The option of learning your trade in the hope of improving and playing for City whilst training in the best facilities with the best youngsters around. That versus plying your trade at Wednesday who don’t have a glowing list of players recently graduated from their academy.

Similar situation in Sheffield.....my nieces lad has been approached by both Wednesday and utd , and despite the lad being Wednesday mad she said the difference in approach was huge and they would be daft not to pick the dark side.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Similar situation in Sheffield.....my nieces lad has been approached by both Wednesday and utd , and despite the lad being Wednesday mad she said the difference in approach was huge and they would be daft not to pick the dark side.

Ive heard similar. Seems our club is getting massively left behind in more ways than one. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Both Utd and Barnsley have produced better players through their academes than us, shame really. 

1 hour ago, sheriwozgod said:

55 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Ive heard similar. Seems our club is getting massively left behind in more ways than one. 

51 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Both Utd and Barnsley have produced better players through their academes than us, shame really. 

Reputation goes a long way. 

• Like 3

The sooner we get these deals across the line, the better Seems to be a lot of negativity towards us in the media Bad press seems to stick in people’s minds, so maybe if we can pull off a surprise transfer, that might refocus their minds

Guest wilyfox
2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Half a dozen championship clubs are trailing Izzy Brown. The young Chelsea midfielder was on loan to Luton last season Wonder if we are one of them?

Good player, but doesn't score enough & injury-prone. 

28 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

You mean Rodolph Austin? 

Think he might mean South African player Bongani Zungu who we were linked with a couple of years ago.

It was said back then he wouldn't qualify for a work permit, but he must do now as Rangers look set to sign him 

4 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Half a dozen championship clubs are trailing Izzy Brown. The young Chelsea midfielder was on loan to Luton last season Wonder if we are one of them?

Hope so, he looked a decent player everytime I saw him

Need to get some signings sorted ASAP. Time to bed in with the squad so we can start from the very first game of the season as strong as possible, especially since we are playing catch up with everyone else and will already be on the back foot. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

25 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Wouldn’t be against this.

Sort of player I’d like to sign permanent whilst his stock his low. 23 and out of contract in 2021. Didn’t pull up trees at Luton, Leeds was blighted by injury, Brighton he wasn’t ready for the PL.

However his spells at Rotherham and Huddersfield were excellent.

Just don’t want to sign him on loan and be left scratching our heads in typical Wednesday fashion when we can’t afford him in 12 months. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Wouldn’t be against this.

Sort of player I’d like to sign permanent whilst his stock his low. 23 and out of contract in 2021. Didn’t pull up trees at Luton, Leeds was blighted by injury, Brighton he wasn’t ready for the PL.

However his spells at Rotherham and Huddersfield were excellent.

Just don’t want to sign him on loan and be left scratching our heads in typical Wednesday fashion when we can’t afford him in 12 months. 

Actually, he did better at Luton than we think, so much so, that they are one of the clubs trying to sign him

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Actually, he did better at Luton than we think, so much so, that they are one of the clubs trying to sign him

Your actually right. Quick glance and I saw he scored 1 in 25. But he’s actually assisted 8 aswell.

So 9 goal contributions in 25 is an excellent return. 

Izzy Brown would be an excellent acquisition and a bridge between midfield and attack so either . He’s young still but has good Championship experience under his belt. If someone wanted to buy him how much do you reckon he’d cost with 1 year left in his contract? I imagine Chelsea will either sell or loan for a year with a decent loan fee in order to get some money back before he leaves on a free. 

7 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

Izzy Brown would be an excellent acquisition and a bridge between midfield and attack so either . He’s young still but has good Championship experience under his belt. If someone wanted to buy him how much do you reckon he’d cost with 1 year left in his contract? I imagine Chelsea will either sell or loan for a year with a decent loan fee in order to get some money back before he leaves on a free. 

Put it this way, I don’t expect many of us thought that Chelsea would have wanted what they did for Hector, who was in a similar position