Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

3 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems crazy If West Brom reject a 25k a week offer. Surely that is better than a player sitting in the stands or at home and still paying him his full wages. Have to admit I’m surprised we are willing to pay 25k a week if it is true. 

I think we realise how crucial that type of player will be to our hopes of staying up

3 minutes ago, BarnsleyOwl96 said:

Zohore n Patterson tbf would be class but then added to Rhodes windass kachunga 

is that too many or just right ?

The way we are playing seems to be having a front two that works their nads off and both get replaced around 60mins, so I think 5 forwards will be right, especially when there are 3 games a week.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Not often the first to break transfer news either, didn’t tell us Windass or Kachunga were signing or break the Paterson news either.  He’s like the modern day Club call   

He doesn’t know them all, to be fair to him he knows the general gist of the ones he does report ie who wants who but the detail is the gossip/conjecture. The Bruce thing being an example. Newcastle never had an issue with paying compensation. So when he’s quoting figures I take that bit with a heavy dose of salt.

It’s promising that talks are ongoing and I expect it will go to deadline. Could be a good combo with Paterson who does the dirty work. 

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Seems crazy If West Brom reject a 25k a week offer. Surely that is better than a player sitting in the stands or at home and still paying him his full wages. Have to admit I’m surprised we are willing to pay 25k a week if it is true. 

I'd be pleased if they reject that, not worth £25k pw. 

The fact they've given him a stupid contract, not our fault and bringing on someone on so much more than the majority of the squad, bar a handful (Bannan, Reach, Rhodes) may not be good for morale. 

And he's injured? Expected to be out for another month?.... If so,  I'd steer clear, at this rate it will be Christmas before he's match fit. 

Edited by striker

Nixon is normally spot on with a lot of things particularly with regards to us. As for our budget, ultimately it’s down to what DC is prepared to pay. He probably knows as we all do, relegation would be a financial disaster for us and we can’t afford to let it happen?

• Like 1