Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

1 hour ago, jp1981 said:

Why not. If he is happy here and doesn't want to move, don't see why he wouldn't sign an extension. He may even take a wage cut if required.

Because financially we can't compete for the best players so are unlikely to be in contention for promotion for a couple of seasons at least and at 31 I think he'll be looking for a bigger contract than we can offer him, at a club where he has a chance of success. I hope I'm wrong but I don't see him signing for a club who are treading water on lower wages however happy he is here, particularly if we can't overhaul the points deduction and get relegated. He would be mad to even consider re-signing for us until the end of the season at which point he'll not be short of offers, he's a fantastic player at this level. 

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Not as simple as that mate, we’ve just signed a couple of strikers who don’t score that many goals, and are chasing another If young Hirst can contribute during his time there, he’ll have done his job

Well,you can look at it like that,or you can say,we've signed two players we know can score goals,as opposed to a young fella who may,is it a case of "what could have been",time will tell,not overly fussed to be honest fella.

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Well,you can look at it like that,or you can say,we've signed two players we know can score goals,as opposed to a young fella who may,is it a case of "what could have been",time will tell,not overly fussed to be honest fella.

You know I wasn’t suggesting we sign him, or similar, as a starter? We will though need a back up for any target man we eventually sign, and it will probably have to be a youngster, as we won’t be able to have a Wickham, or a Nuhiu, as a back up

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

You know I wasn’t suggesting we sign him, or similar, as a starter? We will though need a back up for any target man we eventually sign, and it will probably have to be a youngster, as we won’t be able to have a Wickham, or a Nuhiu, as a back up

I'm as sure as i can be,that there are moves afoot to bring a someone in,and i would hazard a guess it'll be someone better.

9 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Given the performances so far of Palmer and Harris on the right hand side, is Sanderson a priority? Bearing in mind we also have Odubajo and Urhoghide who can play there. Unlike on the left, where our only natural option is young Penney

Maybe not priority. But Sanderson over Odubajo all day long. Although, Odubajo looked the ideal player for this set up and that position before joining us. 

Why do we always wing backs who look so good but rarely do anything for us?

Daniel Jones looked like a League one Gareth Bale before we got him. But he turned out to be all hair and no talent. 

Fox, Tavenier, Otsememebor...

Edited by domSWFC

5 minutes ago, domSWFC said:

Maybe not priority. But Sanderson over Odubajo all day long. Although, Odubajo looked the ideal player for this set up and that position before joining us. 

Daniel Jones looked like a League one Gareth Bale before we got him. But he turned out to be all hair and no talent. 

No I like what I’ve seen of Sanderson, but we have so many options on that side of the pitch, that it’s hard to justify it. Seems at some point, our budget has been reduced, and we will need to prioritise other areas. Think that’s what Monk was hinting at, when he said, normally we’d be looking at loans, but needs must, when referring to the use of academy lads. Possibly that’s why we are no longer mentioned now in rumours about previous loan targets

2 hours ago, domSWFC said:

Fox looked fooling awful before we signed him

Remember seeing him for Charlton against mk dons and laughing at how bad he was 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, gurujuan said:

Given the performances so far of Palmer and Harris on the right hand side, is Sanderson a priority? Bearing in mind we also have Odubajo and Urhoghide who can play there. Unlike on the left, where our only natural option is young Penney

He can play CB more predominantly than Palmer so versatility there is a good option to have.

9 hours ago, gurujuan said:

and Reach 

Palmers crossing seems to put him in good stead for rwb but we’ve seen him play very well on the left too

Edited by Bluesteel

Was thinking about another striker we were going to bring in. 

Windass, Rhodes and Kachunga will all obviously be wanting to be pushing for a starting spot at this point of their career. 

Instead of going for a tried and tested forward in their mid-late twenties, should we not go for a young loanee who is happy to battle against those three for a starting spot/sub appearances? Saves upsetting the applecart? 

This is purely based on stats rather than what I have seen, but maybe Keinan Davis (Villa), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal) or Viktor Gyokeres (Brighton, played with Penney last season I think with St Pauli)?