Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

37 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Hirst Jnr to Rotherham on loan

This loan really needs to work out for him.

Lost 2 years of his career at such an important age (the first when the club refused to play him after he’d demanded a first team wage and the second a pretty poor move to Belgium) and now really needs to kick on.

If he flops at Toy Town he’ll be 22 when he goes back to Leicester with no clear route to the first team and then probably another loan would be on the cards.

3 minutes ago, TrickyTrev said:

This loan really needs to work out for him.

Lost 2 years of his career at such an important age (the first when the club refused to play him after he’d demanded a first team wage and the second a pretty poor move to Belgium) and now really needs to kick on.

If he flops at Toy Town he’ll be 22 when he goes back to Leicester with no clear route to the first team and then probably another loan would be on the cards.

He's a player at a Premier League club with a future ahead of him

Owlstalk Shop

2 hours ago, Nut said:

Isn't Bannan out of contract next year? If we don't sell him this year he's another one who will walk for free and the club will get grief over. 

We could always try offering him a new contract.

• Like 1

Just now, @owlstalk said:

He's a player at a Premier League club with a future ahead of him

Will Keane was a player at a Premier League club with a future ahead of him when we loaned him here too.

Him being contracted to a Premier League club is no guarantee that’ll remain the case.

I’m just saying that if this loan move doesn’t work out it leaves him with no clear path to the first team and another loan move could be on the cards.

• Like 1

I’ve not been as big a critic of the Chairman as some on here but I do believe he could’ve handled the George Hirst situation much much better than he did. I fear this will one day bite us on the ar$e and that day might be this season?

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jim said:

I’ve not been as big a critic of the Chairman as some on here but I do believe he could’ve handled the George Hirst situation much much better than he did. I fear this will one day bite us on the ar$e and that day might be this season?

If he scores regularly, you'll have a point,and he'll go back to Leicester to give it a go, if he doesn't, you won't, it's as easy as that. 

22 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

If he scores regularly, you'll have a point,and he'll go back to Leicester to give it a go, if he doesn't, you won't, it's as easy as that. 

Not as simple as that mate, we’ve just signed a couple of strikers who don’t score that many goals, and are chasing another If young Hirst can contribute during his time there, he’ll have done his job

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Not as simple as that mate, we’ve just signed a couple of strikers who don’t score that many goals, and are chasing another If young Hirst can contribute during his time there, he’ll have done his job

You doubt the two strikers we have brought in to score goals but think young hirst could be the answer I'm lost for words pal

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

Just now, bladeshater said:

You doubt the two strikers we have brought in to score goals but think young hirst could be the answer I'm lost for words pal

No, not at all, I’m saying if a player contributes to the team dynamic, he can still be useful addition. Better than a goalscorer who does nothing for the benefit of the team. 
We need a leader of the line, and if we get Zohore, or similar, we’ll then need an understudy. Last season, we had Wickham and Nuhiu to cover Fletcher, but I don’t think we can have that sort of depth this time around.

10 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

What's the difference between "don't score that many goals" and "can contribute"? They seem the same to me but you are using one as failure and the other as success?

Confused.

1 minute ago, GLOwl said:

What's the difference between "don't score that many goals" and "can contribute"? They seem the same to me but you are using one as failure and the other as success?

Confused.

Why confused, they are the same, that’s my point.