Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

15 minutes ago, CalmJimmers said:

Was thinking about another striker we were going to bring in. 

Windass, Rhodes and Kachunga will all obviously be wanting to be pushing for a starting spot at this point of their career. 

Instead of going for a tried and tested forward in their mid-late twenties, should we not go for a young loanee who is happy to battle against those three for a starting spot/sub appearances? Saves upsetting the applecart? 

This is purely based on stats rather than what I have seen, but maybe Keinan Davis (Villa), Eddie Nketiah (Arsenal) or Viktor Gyokeres (Brighton, played with Penney last season I think with St Pauli)? 

Only Davis, of that group, has the physical presence I believe Monk is looking for. If we can sign that type of striker, then yes I’d like to see us add a younger pacy forward to the group. Maybe revisit the Simmonds deal?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

All seems very quiet at the minute with rumours etc. To be honest I thought the Zohore deal might have been done by now. 

I think that, or a similar deal will be done From some of Monk’s comments though, maybe some of the other hoped for deals have been blocked by the chairman. The manager again commented last night, that he played the youngsters, though he’d have expected loans, but he had to deal with the hand he’d been dealt. It happened last season as well, talk about us adding loans from the Premier League big boys, only for not to transpire

1 hour ago, JackSWFC said:

Nketiah Is part of the Arsenal 1st team this season.

Aubamayang, Lacazette and Nketiah... I'd happily take Martinelli on loan 

According to a claim in the Greek media, Middlesbrough are very close to completing the signing of PAOK striker Chuba Akpom.

The 24 year old, who has also been linked with Super Lig sides Besiktas and Fenerbahce in recent weeks, is now expected to join Middlesbrough in the next few days, say Sdna.

It’s reported the Championship club will pay €3m to PAOK for the attacker.

4 minutes ago, Quist said:

Like the idea of Gyokeres. Think Sansea are after him.

Been old we were and maybe still are scouting in Holland. From pal who lives on Dutch Belgian border.

Well he have couple of Dutch players that might be able to do some sort of swap deal with

1 hour ago, swfc1983 said:

Just a hunch but reckon Zohore will be Derby bound.

Well if they want to carry paying over the odds for players that's fine  Rooney's not pulling any trees up for his hefty wedge and I don't think Zahore will either, but Derby have just raked in 15m for the two players they sold to the pigs. I think we stick to our current philosophy of recruiting young hungry players and in a couple of seasons it will pay dividends. Derby are on a slippery slope. 

4 minutes ago, The Night-Owl said:

Would someone like Kayden Jackson in League 1 be worth considering? 

not if Brum are willing to pay 2.5mil for him, no.

Kayden Jackson has raw attributes and pace. Ipswich paid about £1.5M for him and by all accounts they bought into his potential. However, his first touch and consistency is a bit off for this level. I think he could be a good buy though if clubs coached this into him. He could potentially be worth a few quid more than £2.5M. Brum clearly think it's worth a punt. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

not if Brum are willing to pay 2.5mil for him, no.

No idea what we can or can't afford, within P&S but considering the reported interest in Zohore, who's on big wages and the supposed Leko interest, it might be worth signing a striker permanently for a reasonable fee, as long as it's possible?

Rather than paying big wages for a loan deal, as long as it doesn't break the bank or something. The Jackson price seems steep but would it be best to sign a striker from the lower leagues or abroad for example, rather than loaning in a player we might not be able to keep at the end of the loan deal?