Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 minutes ago, vulva said:

I run a junior team and some teams have girls playing for them. The girls have been the best players on the pitch on a number of occasions. The gap is definitely closing.  

I watch my great nephew play under nines (I think) and agree the girls are as good at this age, even though sometimes  I think the lads are to gentlemanly when it come to tackling them they kind of hang back.  

Last season one girl took the team apart, cracking player.  

1 hour ago, royalowlisback said:

I watched 10 minutes of the game, I thought the standard was terrible, and that's despite watching Wednesday for 40 odd years.

They can't seem to kick a ball properly, passes don't go far enough, and everything just loops up into the air.

Just my opinion, that is all. When you watch women play tennis for example, they are technically, and almost physically as good as the men - I think at football they are a million lies away.

That's just because you're not a tennis fan, they're on par with any other female sports

As we’re getting more younger teams - the girls will improve. If they don’t play when they’re young they’ll never develop at the same level. 

I went to coach in the US, id never seen so many many who played like my mum. I had an instant transformation from more of a Gary Neville to Ronaldinho. All boys over their don’t play soccer, most girls do. 

They don’t have the power the men do, that’s for sure. 

England have a good side too, for once. 

Guest timrud

Motor racing is an interesting one with the gender divide. There is nothing that should seperate male and female, but they aren't as good.

Guest OrlandoUnTrustful

Can I remind everyone that this is a transfers rumours thread. If you want to talk b******s about women’s football start a new thread please.

Edited by OrlandoUnTrustful

Guest Mcguigan
2 hours ago, vulva said:

I run a junior team and some teams have girls playing for them. The girls have been the best players on the pitch on a number of occasions. The gap is definitely closing.  

In my experience, whilst there are some really good girl players playing youth football, in needs to be taken into context.

Most junior clubs have two, three, even four teams per age group and it’s very, very rarely I’ve seen a girl playing for the top team in said age group.

If the girl is playing against a bunch of kids who, basically are at club because a sibling is there or it’s a bit of fun with their mates and she’s serious about playing, then of course she’s going to stand out but she’s unlikely to be the same against the higher level teams.

Guest domSWFC
3 hours ago, vulva said:

I don't think there is any reason for the girls to be any worse in todays game. Top football at men's level is much higher, but with the lack of physically now, if they are technically gifted they can make it. Look at Xavi and Iniesta, never fast, strong or tall. But incredible balance, skill and vision got them a long way. Seeing some of the women play for PSG the other day, they are bigger and more physically dominant. 

4 hours ago, royalowlisback said:

I watched 10 minutes of the game, I thought the standard was terrible, and that's despite watching Wednesday for 40 odd years.

They can't seem to kick a ball properly, passes don't go far enough, and everything just loops up into the air.

Just my opinion, that is all. When you watch women play tennis for example, they are technically, and almost physically as good as the men - I think at football they are a million lies away.

Didn’t the Williams sisters get spanked by a part time pro men’s player? Think he was ranked outside the top 200

Edited by 83owl

2 minutes ago, 83owl said:

Didn’t the Williams sisters get spanked by a part time pro men’s player? Think he was ranked outside the top 200

Yep. Just a power difference. Watch one of the 4x4 mixed team relay races on youtube too, think it was Poland who started the guys against women and left the women to bring home the win with half a lap head start and the male runners caught them with ease.

Guest Bulgaria
1 minute ago, Shiregreenowl 80 said:

Well I'm convinced..  Never knew Ainsley Harriot was  ITK 🤔

Screenshot_20200829_204358_com.twitter.android.jpg

Thought he specialized in soups, not scoops.