Official Summer Transfer Rumours Thread 2020-2021

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Huge gap in strength, turning, speed, aerial ability. Yeah, some womens games are worth a watch but they couldn't live at tier 10 level. 

They have narrowed the gap and we are going through a period where the men have better training than ever before and are more skilful than ever before.

Women and men will never be able to compete against each other purely down strength and maybe we should stop making the comparison between the to and just enjoy each the games they play.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, nevthelodgemoorowl said:

Beryly Lubala  Congolese striker did academy with Birmingham. 22 yrs old had a 4 match run with Birmingham but admits he needed to improve with left peg. Moved to Crawley last season with a tally of 13 goals at better than one in three.  

Wasn't we linked with him last year?

9 hours ago, s6 owl said:

Forestieri at Watford?

Would he get much game time for them?

I suppose if he has the right attitude then he's still got plenty to offer at this level; if his new teammates end up calling out his effort in training as happened here last season, then he'll probably continue his downward trajectory.

1 minute ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Would he get much game time for them?

I suppose if he has the right attitude then he's still got plenty to offer at this level; if his new teammates end up calling out his effort in training as happened here last season, then he'll probably continue his downward trajectory.

If he’s gone to Watford, surely he’s on an upward trajectory

If we're going to be signing anybody from Europe or beyond it needs to be getting done this week at latest as we have to take into account the fact the player will have to quarantine for 14 days before he can even start to train nevermind be involved with the squad . Which means he will be atleast a month behind the rest of team before we will see him on pitch 

1 minute ago, westy365owl said:

If we're going to be signing anybody from Europe or beyond it needs to be getting done this week at latest as we have to take into account the fact the player will have to quarantine for 14 days before he can even start to train nevermind be involved with the squad . Which means he will be atleast a month behind the rest of team before we will see him on pitch 

This is a good point, but I still think it is the best avenue to finding the complete centre forward

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

noooooo. We want him here!!!!

Need better mate, let’s set our sight higher He’s useful, but unless we’re bringing in 3 or 4, I’d like to think that we could find someone who offers a bit more

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Nottingham Forest are pursuing a raid on former boss Aitor Karanka’s Birmingham City squad, with the Reds interested in star striker Lukas Jutkiewicz

You've got to love a bit of good, old-fashioned tabloidese, haven't you?

'A raid' makes it sound like the Forest officials are going to rock up at Birmingham's training ground in ski masks and balaclavas, pile Jutkiewicz into the back of a van, and make a dash for the Nottinghamshire border.

:duntmatter:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

Unfortunately I think it’s time we have to move on from Murphy with it sounding like he will be staying at Newcastle. Shame because he is a very good player at this level but we can’t sit back and wait imo. 

Agreed although in fairness, if the link to the Rangers winger is true then I think Monk is already exploring other options.

Just now, gurujuan said:

Need better mate, let’s set our sight higher He’s useful, but unless we’re bringing in 3 or 4, I’d like to think that we could find someone who offers a bit more

Your usual post about not being good enough who in our present climate could we get who's better please name some

• Like 3