What the f has happened?

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

There is that but surley doesn't explain the complete meltdown that has happened since? 

It's like the dressing room has imploded. 

a number of our wins were by narrow margins (not all I grant you), but enough.

anybody amongst our support who couldn't see fletcher wasn't carrying our attack, he WAS our attack doesn't know a deal about football. 

his loss to us, has had us 'recycling' the failures we already knew we had, our striking potential suffered badly, as would confidence as our goal threat receded.

add to that dawson has had a slump in what appears to be his 'fragile' keeping performances, and anyone out there whose played in a defence with no attack of any merit, and a suspect keeper will tell you, you're on a hiding to nothing'.

belief in a cause is very difficult to get going, whilst losing that belief is very easy to do, we may well have found the latter, IF the side, the squad have lost faith in the manager, it'll be the 3rd' in the last 4 that they have, with only bruce not staying long enough to 'experience' it for himself.

Just now, matthefish2002 said:

I agree with this.

The most worrying thing about the 5-0 home defeat to mid table Blackburn was they was no reaction to it next league game.

Yep. 

We are talking about players who are failing to do the absolute very basics right now. 

Some of the things I'm seeing off so-called professionals are just shocking. 

Honestly, if you didn't know any better, you'd think they decided which positions they were going to play with 5 minutes to go before kick off. 

You will see more organisation, cohesion, effort and quality from the local 5 aside teams. 

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree with this.

The most worrying thing about the 5-0 home defeat to mid table Blackburn was they was no reaction to it next league game.

More worrying is the fact that there has been no reaction to any of the poor performances, Blackburn included, whereas earlier in the season there was

What happened at Xmas?

Obviously losing Fletcher was a pivotal moment. 

Then there were some poor performances and at some point Monk and Hutch fell out badly. 

The Westwood falling out happened before that I think. 

Then he lost Luongo, then Fox. 

Then he got 3 loan players and chucked them all in at once along with FF , a panic move. Crazy team selections, formation switching.

He doesn't have any moves left. He's in a tail spin and lost the dressing room. 

Sack seems the only option?

5 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Then there were some poor performances and at some point Monk and Hutch fell out badly. 

Then he got 3 loan players and chucked them all in at once along with FF , a panic move. Crazy team selections, formation switching.

Agree that luongo being out for most of this poor run is something that most have missed and focused on Fletcher being out

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Another one is Reach.

Was probably our best player then suddenly gone too.

Injury or another falling out?

Reach is a key player in that dressing room.

If it isn't injury it suggests open mutiny. 

Foot injury

• Haha 1

I keep thinking 'It's Monk' no 'IT's players' but then my analysis is this:-

We were a good side up until christmas and in a good position.  Monk had a fall out with some players and a couple have been frozen out which caused bad karma and then they lost a couple of games that could of been easy wins.  This then resulted in statements being made by monk and a few of them been told that they are through the door come summer. And so you have players turning on the manager.  I believe his man management skills have probably let him down and there's no come back.  Ultimately the blame for me lies with the chairman and advisors for bad decisions i.e managers (not Bruce).  That's my conclusion but what to do I don't know you have to tear down and rebuild possibly from the first division the way things are going.......but what do I know I'm no expert this is what I think may have happened.  It's not fair to money paying loyal fans that is certain.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

We were a good side up until christmas and in a good position.  Monk had a fall out with some players and a couple have been frozen out which caused bad karma and then they lost a couple of games that could of been easy wins.  This then resulted in statements being made by monk and a few of them been told that they are through the door come summer. And so you have players turning on the manager.  I believe his man management skills have probably let him down and there's no come back.  Ultimately the blame for me lies with the chairman and advisors for bad decisions i.e managers (not Bruce).  That's my conclusion but what to do I don't know you have to tear down and rebuild possibly from the first division the way things are going.......but what do I know I'm no expert this is what I think may have happened.  It's not fair to money paying loyal fans that is certain.

Think you aren't far off there.

Seems it was Monk's management of the mini crisis that led to the full crisis. 

Now we fcucked.

13 minutes ago, Yorkowl.74 said:

Think that’s a pretty reasonable synopsis 

32 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

If this lot go down, they have no chance of getting us back up.

Not an ounce of fight in them.

that's been true for nigh on decades, if anyone is brought in to introduce 'fight' it's seen a 'dinosaur' football by certain quarters who believe that passing it about all day defeats 'fight' just as it did for afcb at home to watford the other wee....oh! no it didn't, they got a right hiding.

besides our sides too long in the tooth for 'fighting football' twice a week, perhaps even once a week, the worth of our squad lessens every six months, they were around their prime when procured, now they are past their best.

I figured just a month ago that IF we got fletcher back at his best and brought in some attacking pace, and finishing we could stick our nose in the play off race, if not add in the closed season window for one final throw from this squad, but now it's looking like the start of a nigh on total rebuild next time around, and that will require knowledge and wisdom, and I've not seen much of that on show in the last 5 years other than when bruce was here.

Losing Fletcher, Westwood, Hutchinson and Luongo has robbed us of our better players and characters. Moving Iorfa to right back hasn't helped but mental strength is the problem as has been shown with all the late goals we've conceded. Good sides regularly score late goals, bad sides regularly concede them. As soon as we stopped picking up points by pinching close games without playing well, we've just collapsed and don't have the characters in the side to arrest the slide. 

• Like 1

In hindsight, Monk making it known there would be a summer clear out was not a good move,  although understanable. Now have 7 or 8 knowing they have no future, which has affected the squad. 

The fact some of these are senior players, used to being allowed to run things, probably leads to a power struggle, with Monk trying to assert his authority.

The problem is that the squad is so weak that we are reliant on players whose mates are on the other side, on their way out.

It only takes a couple not putting 100% in to affect a result, this then becomes a bad run and affects the whole group. 

There are two ways to resolve, sack the manager and give control back to the players, or give the manager support.

While I'm not vehemently in support of Monk, recognise he's made mistakes, dont want to see the players win this one like they did with previous managers. I think we need to break the cycle.

Clearly certain players aren't going to get a game, if I were DC I'd consider terminating contracts early, were going to have to pay them up anyway  but may as well clear the decks and send a message to the rest of the players that Monk (as the current msnager) is in charge.

51 minutes ago, g-owls said:

Dejphon Chansiri. 

That's whats happened. He got away with it for long enough with taxi firms, energy drinks and selling the ground to himself. 

Now that he's backed himself into a corner, even the nonsensical ideas aren't fooling the majority anymore. 

Anyone expecting him to change will be waiting for ever. He hasn't learned a single thing in the time he's been here and he's not the type to start listening now. 

Having to deal with him must be akin to having a seance with Mr Bean. 

This. I've given DC enough time and benefit of the doubt. He's a disaster for our club and the sooner he goes the better. If anyone wants to learn how not to run a club, he's your man.

48 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Apart from all that things have been fine off the pitch for a change...

:duntmatter: