Hutchinson

Guest LittleG
8 minutes ago, hodgybysea said:

Jesus just looked at first few posts,can't be bothered with the rest.Thats what happens in the work place be it football or a factory our whatever.Some folks have stronger views than others,managers,bosses have to deal with it,its part of life.The big guy in the group sometimes gives the boss chance to flex his muscle,no big deal,get over it.

More or less what I said but you put it better!

5 hours ago, ReadingOwl said:

I wouldn’t have thought that anyone rated Hutchinson very highly as a footballer?

About 4m8s in. Hutchinson is a very good footballer 

On his omission today i assumed he was still injured. Would be surprised if not after Joey's performance against Wigan, it's easy to think why theres more to it if the comments to Doom are true.

By the same token if true then i'd be even more surprised why we didn't try and get a MF in during the window

Best just to wait and see what happens from here speculating helps no one

Fans have way too much loyalty to players.

Some fans seem to think the club needs the likes of Hutchinson because he doesn’t bottle a tackle and dives into challenges. A “committed” player etc.

Hutchinson is an ageing crock that will struggle to play half a season for any club. 

We need a different mentality to succeed. We need to clear out the old guard and find hungry players with the right mind set. 

We don’t need players that can only play 20 games a season.

We don’t need the most talented footballer seen in Sheffield football for 20 years, if he is always either injured, suspended or in dispute with the club.

We don’t need a “star” striker that is so mentally weak that he can’t take a penalty in a play off semi final. 

We have put up with these players stealing a living for years. And still fans come on here defending them as hero’s. 

As a group they are collective failures. I couldn’t give a throw if they are nice people. They need offloading. 

Roll on the end of the season. 

I hope Monk has the patience to stay. He is clearly infuriated by the players and their attitudes.

Monk has to take control, clear the deadwood and find players with the hunger and mental strength needed. 

Can’t wait to see Hutchinson and Co clear off. 

Wow the owls talk detectives and judge and jury gang are out in force on this one 

from a doom tweet, a tone in an interview and somebody saying lee is training with under 23s we’ve written our most committed and arguable passionate player off

it wouldn’t surprise me if monks flown on the handle in one of those disgraceful performances that I’m guessing hutch will have been proper pxxxxd off about too and flown of the handle too 

it wouldn’t surprise me if hutch as gone in full blooded on someone in training not pulling their weight 

It wouldn’t surprise me if this is doom having some inside information about a training ground busy up and monk having some in-house discipline in process to sit out a game or two and be fined for something the whole squad accepts and acknowledges and dooms trying to fish this out of monk only for monk to nip that in the bud that he picks the tendon basically shut up doom

theres a lot that can be read and twisted into an uniformative Tweet from a journalist I quite frankly find poor and a little bit negative towards our club 

what I will say as a fan Sam hutchinson gives everything hes passionate and committed he’s been a great servant and we are a much meaner team with him in than him not in the side 

my guess is he’ll be back in this team before the season is out

he plays every time in a midfield three, he’s our only real enforcer and as a fan I’d hate to see him go out this way 

always like how he plays even with his injuries and red cards hutch as been great for us  

• Like 1

Hutchinson's missed only one game for definite this season through injury, and that was the home game against Swansea. Whether the Wigan game was really a game missed due to injury is the moot question, but even if it was that would only be 2 games this season.

I repeat, Hutchinson's MISSED ONE GAME for definite through injury this season. In fact, injury wasn't the reason for most of the games he missed last season either.

There's no doubting Hutchinson's history with injuries, it's very well chronicled after all; perhaps a little too well chronicled, since it seems for some they're not able to recognize a player's vast improvement in their fitness due to their past.

• Like 1

Monk said Palmer, Lee and Hutchinson were fit on Friday. Only Palmer was involved but he may have been rushed back a little due to Fox’s injury and us having sod all cover on the left? As for Lee and Hutch they may have not been match fit otherwise surely they would’ve been on the bench?

13 hours ago, SiJ said:

Yep. 

For years we all wondered why others (Forde, Randolph) got picked ahead of Westwood. 

Perhaps it was less to do with ability and more to do with reliability, personality, temperament? 

To be honest I’ve wondered more about whether to get meat in gravy or meat in jelly for the dog’s dinner. 

13 hours ago, LSOwls said:

If Hutchinson isn't playing I'd rather Connor Kirby was recalled S Pelupessy is no where near good enough

Completely agree.... I can't believe we haven't got another player at the club who can't do a better job at DM than Joey....Shaws a big lad does he play DM? 

if you listen to previous monk interviews he really likes Hutchinson he likes aggression and his will to win ,he would be last player monk would fall out with on a football basis . but is it a fallout from what monk said tues night on his criticism of the team ie bottle lack of effort . maybe Hutchinson didn't like him saying that even though he weren't at wigan as ive spoken to him in the past as well as westwood and both are very cocky and very opinionated. I hope all gets sorted between monk and hutch as we need him for rest of season. 

11 hours ago, DobbinTheDonkey said:

If he did, I agree with him.

Especially given that Odubajo was playing a free role in the first half. If their right sided wide men went off for a sh!t'e I'm sure Moses would have handed him the bog paper.

ive been very critical of moses this season like most of us but thought he had a good game yesterday. 

Clear out is coming .. it’s time for the old guard to leave ..

In the summer we’re about to shed another 9 million (??) off the wage bill at least ( ignoring bonuses and employer contributions)

Joey (8k), Hutch (20k), Winnall (16k), Rhodes (30k) Nando (33k), Lee (20k), Fletch (33k), Atdhe (16k) 

Monk need his players his culture to be fully judge .. but he’s not totally blameless for recent performances ... 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, MA55 IVE said:

Hutchinson left the training ground very early this morning before any of the players arrived with a suitcase. 

He’s got a side job as a kids entertainer to make up his wages. 

25 minutes ago, modboy said:

Maybe we'll sign that lad released last week from Newcastle he had at Swansea? 

Ki the Korean lad, I mentioned this in the other thread.

Dynamic box to box player very similar to K. Lee so considering he looks a shadow of himself it's a real possibility.

Don't see the harm in a contract until end of season to prove himself.

• Like 1