Hutchinson

Just now, ReadingOwl said:

I wasn’t happy with the way the Club bent over backwards to get Bruce here. To me, it showed an initial lack of commitment from Bruce.

But I have to say - I ate my words.

Bruce, up to leaving, gave us genuine hope at the time. He seemed like the “real deal”.

Big name managers have a certain charisma - star players seem to fall into line.

I always remember the way Big Ron handled Carbine and Di Canio during the time he had them. 

The same two players under Wilson were a law unto themselves. 

5 minutes ago, g-owls said:

I struggle with my mental health.  Not only that but I'm also a carer for my wife who has suffered all of her life, and on one occasion almost led to her taking her life. I saved her that night. It was horrible. 

I take medication every day, and have done for the last four years. I've also had counselling. 

I've also had the DWP causing me numerous problems which haven't helped. 

In none of that time though, has it been an excuse. I still have a wife, a child, and a part time job which i have never let me boss or fellow workmates down. 

Sorry to hear that. 

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

It could be down to tactics.

Bruce had Hutchinson higher up the pitch.

Under Monk he got deeper and deeper like under Jos. His form was dipping. I and others were making posts saying how he is a defender and shouldn't be in midfield.

Maybe hutch also had a problem with this.

Just speculating. 

But if Lee hutch and Westwood are now banished , that limits us badly and will only end up getting monk the sack if the team can't pick up points. 

Why should it...all 3 have been "bit" part players..even when our form was decent....

Westwood/ Dawson...nowt in it

Hutch/ Luongo....nowt in it

Lee/ luongo....luongo...

51 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

Thats not our fault...Its not Monks fault..

Hutch has ALWAYS had a short future in the game after his injuries....sure you can sympathise, but you can't be held to ransom by it.

its SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY!! FFS!...

You can't let nostalgia get in the way by preferring a favourite player to a manager.....Its not bloody reasonable its hardly good sense...and in no way will it ever work...

If..and i stress "IF"..there has been a fall out, and its an impasse...Its gotta be "Bye bye Hutch"...Thanks for yer serrvice...but this is  SHEFFIELD WEDNESDAY FOOTBALL CLUB!!..Who the f.ook are you?

Well I don't agree with most of that.  

Nothing more to say.  

4 minutes ago, ReadingOwl said:

I wasn’t happy with the way the Club bent over backwards to get Bruce here. To me, it showed an initial lack of commitment from Bruce.

But I have to say - I ate my words.

Bruce, up to leaving, gave us genuine hope at the time. He seemed like the “real deal”.

Big name managers have a certain charisma - star players seem to fall into line.

Good points ,  They didn’t fall in line for him at Villa though pal , just think too many are under impression he would automatically done better than GM 

34 minutes ago, Bulgaria said:

I think Joey P deserves more respect. ( Not aimed at you by the way)

Yes he is limited, but he is always available, obviously does what his manager tells him and no one could ever accuse him of not giving his all. He tries his best and for that reason alone he deserves more respect rather than some of the awful comments about him.

He seems like a smashing lad. And for that he has my respect.

As a footballer he should be no where near our first team.

Just now, g-owls said:

I always remember the way Big Ron handled Carbine and Di Canio during the time he had them. 

The same two players under Wilson were a law unto themselves. 

Absolutely.

I loved Atkinson, mind.

I took my young lad to his first comeback game. Was it Arsenal? We won.

My lad spent all the ruddy game watching Ron lent on the dug out (once he’d eventually found the right one) with his camel coat on, rather than watching the game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ReadingOwl said:

I’m surprised at Hutchinson. He always seemed to be one you’d want in the trenches.

Also, he’s also been given a second career/start - you’d think he cherish that.

This is what surprises me .. youd think with his retirement and return from a few serious knee injuries and his openness about mental health, hed be more understanding and one of those that would double his efforts to get back in squad

All these articles where he talks about being thankful for being given another chance

Surely not ...

3 minutes ago, KivoOwl said:

Everyone is different.

Yes you are correct. 

But with my own experience I've realised more than ever that it cannot be used as an ongoing excuse. 

It's accepting a problem, getting the right support and then seeing that whilst we are all different, your kind of different isn't a bad thing. Accept it and live life because your a long time dead. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Absolutely laughable some of the comments on here.  

Lets go with Pelupessy instead. That will work a treat.  

Don’t think many are claiming JP is anywhere near good enough,  still doesn’t get away from Hutchinsons attitude been an issue , If you don’t wanna buy it though that’s fair enough innit 

Just now, Royal_D said:

Don’t think many are claiming JP is anywhere near good enough,  still doesn’t get away from Hutchinsons attitude been an issue , If you don’t wanna buy it though that’s fair enough innit 

Question for you Royal D, genuine question. 

Have you seen a problem with Hutchinson' attitude on the pitch in all the games he has played for us?

7 minutes ago, Ronio said:

Absolutely laughable some of the comments on here.  

Lets go with Pelupessy instead. That will work a treat.  

I’m only surprised nobody has said we should keep him, to build a team around, in case we get relegated.

• Haha 1

Wonder what Bullen thinks about this squad disharmony. As well as the players themselves, he’s a common denominator across changing managers.

In someways I like the approach to continuity but if it doesn’t avoid these kinds of problem then what’s the point? Too close to the players perhaps, I couldn’t possibly say, it’s all speculation. Ultimately the players are responsible for their own behaviour but everyone needs managing. I don’t know.