Hutchinson

Guest Grez Bez
9 hours ago, shezzas left peg said:

Sounds like we've a few too many "Garry Neville's" around the sqaud. 

If so it may allude to some of the problems over the last few seasons. 

Fullbacks?

Hutchinson has given his all time after time. He is the only tackling midfielder we have. (Joey not good enough for regular first team action). Results have shown in the past when he plays we are tighter at the back and dont get overun in midfield. The problem is he offers little going forward and Bannan for some reason often drops back at the side of him when they play together. Im sad to say maybe it is time for Sam to move on and im sure there will be plenty of teams interested. Its now we need to rebuild and get a younger more mobile midfield unit capable of attacking and defending. Others will leave as well but that is football teams have to keep up or stagnate and plummet down the leagues.

On 02/02/2020 at 07:04, crookesowl said:

Hutchinson is done as a SWFC player. As is Westwood. 

Hopefully there is a good few who are finished here come the end of the season.

This squad needs ripping up and starting again, the sooner the better.

I would keep Dawson, Borner and Iorfa and get rid of the rest and start afresh.

There is plenty of value to be had out there as we have proved with this years recruitment.

Edited by Blue and white

17 hours ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

When is that going to happen though? Our player buying pattern of only bringing players in with existing fitness issues just seems to carry on going! Massimo has started less than a third of our league games so far and like a load of players that we have signed since DC took over, he came to us with question marks over his fitness. Not ideal with Bannan (30), Pelupessy (youngest at 26), KL (31) and Hutch (30) as our only other senior central midfield options and all of them having problems with various injuries and ongoing fitness issues.

Why were there question marks over Luongo's fitness when he signed for us?

Hadn't he been an ever-present for QPR last season?

Whatever the behind scenes issues, Hutch is not the future and time to move on . There are far better players out there, Hutch has been lucky in that the club has stood by him despite his injuries. Most clubs would have got rid sometime ago.

3 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Massive ever present for them in midfield over the last 3 seasons. 

18/19: 43 apps in all comps 

17/18: 39 apps in all comps 

16/17: 38 apps in all comps

Clubs done some terrible business in recent years. But signing a proven 26 year old Championship midfielder like Luongo for around £1m is great business. 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I remember seeing him play his first full game for us away at Rotherham in the League Cup, after missing out for three weeks since arriving. He had only played a total of 78 minutes up to then, despite Lee looking as though he was struggling and 41 minutes of that was because he had to replace Palmer. Bullen had mentioned in interviews that Luongo was being "managed", or something like that, when asked why he was not starting. The insinuation was that he was either ill, injured or getting back to full fitness. I can't remember exactly what it was, but Massimo's time on the pitch was being "managed", for whatever reason and he was flagging in games where he had played a bit longer than normal. 

17 minutes ago, 0114 said:

Clubs done some terrible business in recent years. But signing a proven 26 year old Championship midfielder like Luongo for around £1m is great business. 

Unfortunately inferior to the man he is supposed to replace, not very good at tackling and heading and slow to cover. He might not be fully fit I suppose but anyone who has to carry the lazy Bannan needs to be robust, maybe trying to cover for BB has led to Luongo injuring himself?  His record this season is poor.

Let us fill the side with poor players who do not try very hard but as a result don't get injured, might work.

6 minutes ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I remember seeing him play his first full game for us away at Rotherham in the League Cup, after missing out for three weeks since arriving. He had only played a total of 78 minutes up to then, despite Lee looking as though he was struggling and 41 minutes of that was because he had to replace Palmer. Bullen had mentioned in interviews that Luongo was being "managed", or something like that, when asked why he was not starting. The insinuation was that he was either ill, injured or getting back to full fitness. I can't remember exactly what it was, but Massimo's time on the pitch was being "managed", for whatever reason and he was flagging in games where he had played a bit longer than normal. 

That doesn't mean there were question marks over his fitness when we signed him, though.

He'd been a regular for QPR for several years, so there's no reason to suspect he'd be injury-prone.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

21 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I agree and love the feller to bits. Definitely one of our better signings, but for whatever reason, when our midfield had problems with a struggling Lee and Hutchinson, we were not starting with our new super fit, running tackling, scoring  midfielder, who like you say was an ever present for QPR. Bullen definitely said something about him being "managed" or something like that, when he was asked at the time and I remember that much because, we were watching our midfield struggle and wondering why the answer to all our problems was not being used. He has been injured on and off since then and has only started 9 out of our 30 games so far. If you are struggling in midfield you do not wait to play a fit midfielder for the last 5 or 10 minutes of a game which we did often, so Bullen's comments although not giving much away, did explain why Massimo was not playing so many minutes when he first arrived. Massimo's "unavailability" to play for us was questionable at the time, because we were questioning it!

1 minute ago, Ante's Bubbly said:

I agree and love the feller to bits. Definitely one of our better signings, but for whatever reason, when our midfield had problems with a struggling Lee and Hutchinson, we were not starting with our new super fit, running tackling, scoring  midfielder, who like you say was an ever present for QPR. Bullen definitely said something about him being "managed" or something like that, when he was asked at the time and I remember that much because, we were watching our midfield struggle and wondering why the answer to all our problems was not being used. He has been injured on and off since then and has only started 9 out of our 30 games so far. If you are struggling in midfield you do not wait to play a fit midfielder for the last 5 or 10 minutes of a game which we did often, so Bullen's comments although not giving much away, did explain why Massimo was not playing so many minutes when he first arrived. Massimo's "unavailability" to play for us was questionable at the time, because we were questioning it!

I think Bullen was referencing that he had been left out of pre season at QPR when arriving with us. When he arrived he needed time to get fit, maybe one of the reasons he’s been stop and start. 

33 minutes ago, 0114 said:

I like luongo but he seems to have got the Wednesday curse regards injuries , only here could he get a red card get 3 match ban get it overturned and be injured during that time. he seems to be getting different injures too ,he banged his head at stoke ,other issues since. 

On 01/02/2020 at 18:07, TINKERBELL said:

Now player fallouts with manager. Can it get any worse. 

Wouldn't be surprised if monk decided enough is enough and resigned. 

well ive got my fingers crossed, would rather see him leave than two of our best players.

4 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Looked to be struggling fitness wise when we played Everton at Hillsborough earlier in the season.

Didn't have a pre season with QPR though, anyone know why?

Edited by Ash76