Hutchinson

24 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I love how wild speculation on here becomes the truth in the space of a few posts. 

It's great, isn't it?

The real clincher is when the original thread fades in the memory and the claims get repeated in a different context a month or so later. That's the point of no return.

I can't remember exactly where I read it, but Hutch definitely called Monk a w*nker whilst taking a dump in the club's trophy cabinet. 

• Haha 3

Our form dramatically changed for the better this time last year when Hutchinson and Westwood were put back into the side. 

Particularly with Hutchinson, he needs to play that holding role if we are gonna do anything in this league. 

Pelupessy has zero quality on the ball and doesn't cover ground fast enough or anticipate well enough to be an effective defender. 

4 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Our form dramatically changed for the better this time last year when Hutchinson and Westwood were put back into the side. 

Particularly with Hutchinson, he needs to play that holding role if we are gonna do anything in this league. 

Pelupessy has zero quality on the ball and doesn't cover ground fast enough or anticipate well enough to be an effective defender. 

The holding player needs to do more than just protect the back four. Look at Ryan Woods yesterday. Kept things ticking, always looking for a forward pass and always available in the right areas. 

Admittedly I don’t think Woods had his best game yesterday compared to when he’s come to H’boro before, but he is the type you need in a holding role. Hutch and Joey far too negative. If you’re going to play a 4-4-2 at this level you need more than someone who’s job is just to protect your centre backs. 

24 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's great, isn't it?

The real clincher is when the original thread fades in the memory and the claims get repeated in a different context a month or so later. That's the point of no return.

I can't remember exactly where I read it, but Hutch definitely called Monk a w*nker whilst taking a dump in the club's trophy cabinet. 

It’s not speculation tho is it....you don’t get dumped completely out of the 23 because everything’s rosey, do you? 

1 hour ago, dowls said:

Clear out is coming .. it’s time for the old guard to leave ..

In the summer we’re about to shed another 9 million (??) off the wage bill at least ( ignoring bonuses and employer contributions)

Joey (8k), Hutch (20k), Winnall (16k), Rhodes (30k) Nando (33k), Lee (20k), Fletch (33k), Atdhe (16k) 

Monk need his players his culture to be fully judge .. but he’s not totally blameless for recent performances ... 

He's already hinted that he'd like to keep fletcher,hope he does.

30 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

It's great, isn't it?

I'm going to run with that..

• Haha 2

25 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

The holding player needs to do more than just protect the back four. Look at Ryan Woods yesterday. Kept things ticking, always looking for a forward pass and always available in the right areas. 

Admittedly I don’t think Woods had his best game yesterday compared to when he’s come to H’boro before, but he is the type you need in a holding role. Hutch and Joey far too negative. If you’re going to play a 4-4-2 at this level you need more than someone who’s job is just to protect your centre backs. 

Agreed.

It's the one position we have consistently overlooked 

1 hour ago, dowls said:

In the summer we’re about to shed another 9 million (??) off the wage bill at least ( ignoring bonuses and employer contributions)

Joey (8k), Hutch (20k), Winnall (16k), Rhodes (30k) Nando (33k), Lee (20k), Fletch (33k), Atdhe (16k) 

Monk need his players his culture to be fully judge .. but he’s not totally blameless for recent performances ... 

Unfortunately Rhodes has another 18 months left on his contract I believe.

2 hours ago, dowls said:

I don't know exactly what there on apart from 1-2  .all are about right except k lee aint on much even in his prime for some reason he was only on about 15k (must have had a bad agent) since he was out 18months im pretty sure his 1 year deal will be pretty nominal 6-7k a week . im fairly certain Rhodes is here next season 2  and he took a big wage cut coming here but im sure he is on around 40k a week . it was reported he was on 60k a week at boro ,how true that is no1 knows. 

1 hour ago, dowls said:

Does he?? Any source .. available source transfer market says not? 

Yes, I know transfer market says it runs out this summer, it isn't always correct. I don't have another source & will stand to be corrected. In fact I'll be pleased to be corrected as that will mean he's gone in the summer. I've always been under the impression he signed a four year contract in July 2017 when his loan became permanent. Given the financial outlay I'd be surprised if we only gave him a 3 year contract.

As I say I'll be more than pleased to be corrected.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Yes, I know transfer market says it runs out this summer, it isn't always correct. I don't have another source & will stand to be corrected. In fact I'll be pleased to be corrected as that will mean he's gone in the summer. I've always been under the impression he signed a four year contract in July 2017 when his loan became permanent. Given the financial outlay I'd be surprised if we only gave him a 3 year contract.

As I say I'll be more than pleased to be corrected.

This keeps coming up.

Rhodes is definitely signed up until the summer 2021.

• Thanks 1