Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Each to their own. Under Allen I stopped going but I was a POTG chap then.  I'm not suggesting we do anything - I'm just pointing out as a fanbase we aren't that demonstrative when it comes to protests against the board. 

We have a board?.....

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, cowl said:

Then I guess this is ultimately a disagreement over what it means 'to back' the club.

I absolutely don't back Chansiri (in so far as I take 'backing' to mean), but I can't envisage that ever affecting my attendance.

And neither would I as I said in my earlier post .... 

21 minutes ago, OurDan said:

^^ This

How dare you come on a Sheffield Wednesday forum and talk about Sheffield Wednesday Rickygoo

Ffs read the post instead of posting childish, snide retorts that make you look and sound like a pre pubescent, too cool for school girl!

No, I don’t. 

Reasons, in no particular order...

Embargoes. 

Farcical 150th celebrations. 

Keeping Carlos a year too long. 

Appointing Jos. 

Allowing an absurd transfer policy to take hold that resulted in a bloated, ageing squad that threatens the financial stability of the club. 
Insulting ticket policies. 
Imposition of Thai customs on a Sheffield football club. 
BBC debacle. 
Multiple kit f*** ups. 

We had one trip to Wembley (after getting very lucky in the home leg against Brighton) and a capitulation in the semi-final the year after. 

We have spent millions and diminished our reputation and standing within the footballing world all to find ourselves worse off on and off the pitch to when Chansiri took over. 

I really cannot see how his ownership can be seen as anything other than an abject failure. 

Now, things have been bad in the past but the stakes were lower then. It will be much, much harder for us to claw our way out of the pit we’re falling into.  The financial losses alone eclipse our problems in the past. 

For the first time in 36 years of me being a Wednesdayite, we have become an embarrassment. 

5 minutes ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

Now, things have been bad in the past but the stakes were lower then. It will be much, much harder for us to claw our way out of the pit we’re falling into.  The financial losses alone eclipse our problems in the past. 

For the first time in 36 years of me being a Wednesdayite, we have become an embarrassment. 

What financial losses do we have ?......

I back him insofar as I want the club to do well, but I can't endorse what he's done while being in charge (and "in charge" is very much the right phrase, since he's basically refused to let anyone else have any meaningful input).

Our transfer policy has been an incoherent disaster - money's been chucked this way and that with barely any thought to how players were supposed to fit together (hence why we've never managed to make any formation beyond 4-4-2 stick) while some very dubious characters have taken the club for a ride.

Now we're staring a massive points penalty in the face and the EFL's attitude to us is downright hostile - we can whinge that we don't like the rules all we like but it won't change them.

We're no closer to the Premier League now than we were five years ago, and that's pretty damning really, especially when you look at how our neighbours have managed to cruise past us while having no stability at boardroom level.

The club needs a total restructuring and that's not going to happen with DC around, so I'd rather he moved on. We've had far worse chairmen, course we have, but I don't think the hopes we all had when he first arrived are salvageable at this point.

55 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I back him insofar as I want the club to do well, but I can't endorse what he's done while being in charge (and "in charge" is very much the right phrase, since he's basically refused to let anyone else have any meaningful input).

Our transfer policy has been an incoherent disaster - money's been chucked this way and that with barely any thought to how players were supposed to fit together (hence why we've never managed to make any formation beyond 4-4-2 stick) while some very dubious characters have taken the club for a ride.

Now we're staring a massive points penalty in the face and the EFL's attitude to us is downright hostile - we can whinge that we don't like the rules all we like but it won't change them.

We're no closer to the Premier League now than we were five years ago, and that's pretty damning really, especially when you look at how our neighbours have managed to cruise past us while having no stability at boardroom level.

The club needs a total restructuring and that's not going to happen with DC around, so I'd rather he moved on. We've had far worse chairmen, course we have, but I don't think the hopes we all had when he first arrived are salvageable at this point.

Agree with virtually all that, the snortbeasts got very, very lucky with Wilder or they'd be in a worse mess than we are.

5 hours ago, Pulcinella said:

Chansiri started off very well with Glen Roeder and Adam Pearson brought in. Unfortunately Adam Pearson jumped ship almost straight away. But that first summer of transfer dealings turned us from a mid-table/relegation team into an upper mid-table/play-offs team.

Once Glen Roeder went, Chansiri didn't replace him and I'm sure he wishes he'd had better advice at that time.

But he's who we've got, and there's no way out of it.

The problem isn't all down to Chansiri.

Have you still not noticed a trend of well-qualified footballing professionals not wanting to do business with DC? Bruce only lasted a handful of months, and I suspect he was being more diplomatic than honest, when giving his reasons for wanting out.

It might be a nightmare working for DC, which suggests we're going to struggle to get things done competently until he well and truly lets go of the club's operations.

Image result for despair weak link"

12 minutes ago, bobness said:

Have you still not noticed a trend of well-qualified footballing professionals not wanting to do business with DC? Bruce only lasted a handful of months, and I suspect he was being more diplomatic than honest, when giving his reasons for wanting out.

It might be a nightmare working for DC, which suggests we're going to struggle to get things done competently until he well and truly lets go of the club's operations.

Bruce quit for his "dream" job, but in reality he wanted out at the first opportunity because of DC, God dam, don't ya just love this place and its imagination. 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bobness said:

Good grief man get a grip!

• Haha 1