Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

Just now, nilsson said:

Who has it lost and what are the views that are not being represented on here?

I have not been to an away match for a couple of seasons but many of the ones who go away are loyalist people you could wish to meet.
Sadly this can sometimes mean they can be very sensitive to any criticism of the club, even if it is valid.
Think some probably see people on social media as a bunch of stirrers.

• Thanks 1

Tbf, having Mr Farrell lecture us on competent owners, is a bit like Fred West lecturing people on family values. 

This is a man who wanted Geoff Sheard (bald bloke with the tv aerial) to takeover the club many moons ago.

Mr Farrell that is, not Fred West. 

Edited by SiJ
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not living in sheffield gives you a bit of perspective i believe.  We had our big gamble and it didnt come off.. 

With the rules being what they are, now is the time to cut down expenses and achieve a level of mediocrity, so that we stay within the spending regulations and another big gamble is possible in the future. 

I really don't get all this demonisation.  We tried, it didn't come off.  Id be more worried if we started spaffing 10s of millions in our current position.  We arent infact we seem to be rebuilding with cheaper, younger tallent (probably to get rid of the ageing high earners) which in my book looks like a giant leap in terms of stabilisation.  I personally think we have tbe spoiled child syndrome here whereby people throw a hissy fit because they don't want to wait till christmas for whatever it is they want. 

7 minutes ago, Anlaby Owl said:

Not living in sheffield gives you a bit of perspective i believe.  We had our big gamble and it didnt come off.. 

With the rules being what they are, now is the time to cut down expenses and achieve a level of mediocrity, so that we stay within the spending regulations and another big gamble is possible in the future. 

I really don't get all this demonisation.  We tried, it didn't come off.  Id be more worried if we started spaffing 10s of millions in our current position.  We arent infact we seem to be rebuilding with cheaper, younger tallent (probably to get rid of the ageing high earners) which in my book looks like a giant leap in terms of stabilisation.  I personally think we have tbe spoiled child syndrome here whereby people throw a hissy fit because they don't want to wait till christmas for whatever it is they want. 

I dont think they is that much demonisation going on, yes maybe the odd post but a lot of posts criticising Chansiri nearly always say they believe he has good intentions. 
Football fans have always been impatient but when Chansiri has asked us to pay eye watering ticket prices and various other schemes the result is that impatience and frustration has moved up a couple of notches when things go a bit sour.

1 hour ago, sweetsheri said:

Wouldn't matter. They wouldn't be allowed to spend it.

They would need a chunk to buy him out, not going to be cheap, what £50m plus?

Then there are his loans to the business, how much will those be? 

He’ll want to off load the ownership of ground, cost £60m ?

Then the ongoing allowable losses under FFP, £13m a year.

Other costs/losses like ground improvements which aren’t in FFP but will need funding. 

Probably need £200m just to stand still. 

Good luck with that. 

Unfortunately we need Chansiri to stay committed more than ever. 

2 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Just a suspicion like, I suspect the OP didn't expect/think the vote (so far) would be as close as it is,may just be me tho. 

The OP is quite a vocal critic of Chansiri...which is fair enough. 

In saying that, his brilliant solution to the whole sh*tshow is Red Bull taking us over because he read about it once in the paper. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Just a suspicion like, I suspect the OP didn't expect/think the vote (so far) would be as close as it is,may just be me tho. 

I was surprised early in the voting but now it’s kinda where I suspected it would be. Also, we need to factor in the fact that we are all fanatical weirdos. Now I’m just waiting on the exit polls.....lol

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I have not been to an away match for a couple of seasons but many of the ones who go away are loyalist people you could wish to meet.
Sadly this can sometimes mean they can be very sensitive to any criticism of the club, even if it is valid.

Every away game I’ve been to the last couple of years, most of the fans are there for the beers. If we win it’s a bonus.

I sat on the kop for the last home game against Blackburn and I didn’t sense much love to either the team or the owner at that game.

There’s a bit of a sing for ‘Hi ho Sheffield Wednesday’ and then that’s it - nothing from the crowd. Until we go behind and the groans start. Even away from home we’re not as loud as we were a few years ago

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mr Farrell said:

That's worrying, as we shouldn't back the owner unconditionally. There has to be a point where we think he isn't doing things in our best interests.

That's how Dave Allen survived so long.

The only way I could not back him is withdrawing my support of the club and I wouldnt being doing that . ...

54 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

I agree the ones that go on a regular basis are loyal to a fault  - both home and away, but i disagree slightly that they are sensitive to any criticism of the club - in fact quite the opposite

There is a good bunch of us that can't stand how the club is run and personally i think the club on a whole is a complete joke. It has been for a very long time.

People that put stuff on social media are just a different breed and shouldn't be paid attention to

The sad thing is  - despite the club being inept - it will still get these supporters through the gates. Its what football supporters do.

Edited by torres
  • Like 2