Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

I wish he had never arrived at SWFC and I wish that he’d go tomorrow. Unfortunately he did and such is the mess he has made of the business since that he has made it non viable for himself or any other potential investor. So he and Wednesday are stuck with each other until the money runs out...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

I wish he had never arrived at SWFC and I wish that he’d go tomorrow. Unfortunately he did and such is the mess he has made of the business since that he has made it non viable for himself or any other potential investor. So he and Wednesday are stuck with each other until the money runs out...

If he never arrived. We would have sold players today alright. All our best ones for whatever we could get for them.

Guest Kameron
10 hours ago, chilvinho said:

Has he started legal action against individual fans?  Have I missed it?

Not that I’m aware.  Whats th

at got to do with being totally incompetent?

Guest Kameron
On 31/01/2020 at 08:40, ka58 said:

Amazed at time of writing nearly half of people still think he should be backed - says a lot about our fanbase.

Yep half of it is thicker than a corn beef sandwich.

12 hours ago, Mystic Neg said:

I'm not a fan of Chansiri, in my opinion he will keep getting the same things wrong until we are stuffed. He doesn't seem to learn very quickly. All he needed to do was hire the right people or even have a chat with the Leicester Chairman RIP. 

Good 3 signings were needed yes and cheers but that's not all getting it right is about. 

Agree - will take more than 3 short term loans to mend this disaster.

11 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

If he never arrived. We would have sold players today alright. All our best ones for whatever we could get for them.

Being able to sell players whether good, bad or indifferent for “whatever we could get for them” is an essential element of successfully operating any football club with the possible exceptions of Barcelona, Real Madrid and obviously (although not successfully)  Chansiri’s Wednesday.

12 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Ah.. you've a memory. It seems most have forgotten where we were when chansiri came knocking. Knock the guy all anyone likes, hes ploughed money in and actually appears to care.

No one is perfect but it is absolutely clear he is trying his hardest.

31 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Ah.. you've a memory. It seems most have forgotten where we were when chansiri came knocking. Knock the guy all anyone likes, hes ploughed money in and actually appears to care.

No one is perfect but it is absolutely clear he is trying his hardest.

“Trying his hardest”...is that the standard he should be held to? He was meant to be a successful international businessman not a 7 year old trying to learn his timetables

22 hours ago, nilsson said:

This was the squad from the first home game after Chansiri took over before he’d put any money in or signed anyone.

It’s probably a stronger squad than the one we’ll have out tomorrow 

43E418C3-C58D-4F7D-91A4-7E90B28875A6.png

I think you're overstating it slightly, I'd back our current team to beat that one, but mainly because of Iorfa and Fletcher (if we're counting him, I know he's injured just now) being a cut above anything in that side.

The gap is scarily small though - and we still don't look anywhere near being a side who can sustainably compete at the top.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

I think you're overstating it slightly, I'd back our current team to beat that one, but mainly because of Iorfa and Fletcher (if we're counting him, I know he's injured just now) being a cut above anything in that side.

The gap is scarily small though - and we still don't look anywhere near being a side who can sustainably compete at the top.

Yes I should really have said it’s debatable whether we’re a better team now.

And I was basing that on the team we’ve put to the field against Blackburn, Wigan and today.

If you add Fletcher and Forestieri in we’re a better side now but the difference in standard between our squad 5 years ago and now is a lot smaller than it should be given the money spent.

The wage bill 5 years ago must have been about a quarter of what it is now

1 minute ago, nilsson said:

Yes I should really have said it’s debatable whether we’re a better team now.

And I was basing that on the team we’ve put to the field against Blackburn, Wigan and today.

If you add Fletcher and Forestieri in we’re a better side now but the difference in standard between our squad 5 years ago and now is a lot smaller than it should be given the money spent.

The wage bill 5 years ago must have been about a quarter of what it is now

And that is such an important point - Milan gave us very little to spend but it didn't stop Stuart Gray putting together a very solid side who probably would have finished higher up with a playable pitch. 

DC's spent God knows how many million over 5 years to get us nowhere.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Look at the teams at the top of the league. They've all sold players to teams higher up. They're also a damn sight closer to the Premier League than we are and aren't about to get slapped with a 21 point penalty.

20 minutes ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

Look at the teams at the top of the league. They've all sold players to teams higher up. They're also a damn sight closer to the Premier League than we are and aren't about to get slapped with a 21 point penalty.

What we need to learn is to sell players at the right time. Fergie was a master at that at united. Should have sold Forestieri after the Norwich thing. When we could still get a good fee for him. But most of the clubs you are talking about  sell there best players and replace with players with promise to do the same thing again in a couple of seasons. Good model to keep the club running well. But its gor the future. How many times have the likes of Brenford and Bristol City even got in the play offs in the last 5 years letalone gone up. 

1 hour ago, Spondon Owl said:

Presumably you make no mistakes at work?

Give over...if he had employed himself to run the club he would have sacked himself 3 of 4 years ago. Nobody gets away with “trying hard” if they are just not up to it. 

Edited by kobayashi
  • Like 1

Hopefully the verdict of the EFL being allowed to charge us will be known in the next few weeks.  I’m sure Chansiri is fighting the EFL charge for many reasons but it’s including protecting his investment as much as possible.

If we can avoid both relegation this season and a points deduction for next season then I hope he tries to sell us to someone with new ideas. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Give over...if he had employed himself to run the club he would have sacked himself 3 of 4 years ago. Nobody gets away with “trying hard” if they are just not up to it. 

What's his overarching failure? Ticket prices? Or not getting us to the prem yet?