Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

12 minutes ago, bazapeps said:

Rather alarming that nearly half support his running if the club.

Why? What would have to do for you to change your mind? 5 years of sheer incompetence isn’t enough?

The question is asked, the answer is given, domocracy at its finest. 

Edited by BARMYARMY2010

1 hour ago, SiJ said:

No, they wouldn't...but they could at least come in and try and sort out the club infrastructure. 

Chansiri has the money to do that.

We not only need money, we need someone with a vision of how to spend it to move the club forward.

I don't doubt he has had the right intentions throughout his stewardship but when you break down all the decisions that have been made and the structure of the club my belief / backing of Chansiri is severely waning.

Appreciate it is not as simple as just getting rid of Chansiri but if in it for the long term for god sake get to leadership within the club that does not involve DC micro managing everything starting with a strong Chief Exec and Sporting Director.

45 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

They would need a chunk to buy him out, not going to be cheap, what £50m plus?

Then there are his loans to the business, how much will those be? 

He’ll want to off load the ownership of ground, cost £60m ?

Then the ongoing allowable losses under FFP, £13m a year.

Other costs/losses like ground improvements which aren’t in FFP but will need funding. 

Probably need £200m just to stand still. 

Good luck with that. 

Unfortunately we need Chansiri to stay committed more than ever. 

Or do a wolves and stick 2 fingers up, gamble and make sure you go up.

No way would DC be capable of masterminding that

1 minute ago, sweetsheri said:

What makes you think that?

Hired Bruce then Hired Monk, both good picks, not his fault that Bruce left.

Kits arrived and look great this season and we are in charge of it.

Not spending big on Hector when fans were putting flags outside the ground to sign him, was shrewd and didn't do a Rhodes

Social media and kids activities at the ground are better than they have ever been before

Tickets haven't continued to rise, yes prices are too high already, but he could have put an 'inflation' increase on prices, i think he realises prices are as high as they can get.

Has tackled the SAG issue robustly, not his fault it happened.

Iorfa, Borner, Harris speak to a much smarter transfer strategy, before you say that was Bruce, well he did hire him.

Negatives

Finance issues, but if he can bat off EFL this season then release high earners in the summer like Rhodes then he might be ok.

Ticket prices are too high, i personally believe they should be £20 and a club should look for revenue from other streams, not milking their support.

Apart from that i am happy, not his fault about current results, squad needs changing but that takes time and Monk only arrived less than 4 months ago thanks to Bruce.

He ain't perfect, but i am happy.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, tarn owl said:

Hired Bruce then Hired Monk, both good picks, not his fault that Bruce left.

Kits arrived and look great this season and we are in charge of it.

Not spending big on Hector when fans were putting flags outside the ground to sign him, was shrewd and didn't do a Rhodes

Social media and kids activities at the ground are better than they have ever been before

Tickets haven't continued to rise, yes prices are too high already, but he could have put an 'inflation' increase on prices, i think he realises prices are as high as they can get.

Has tackled the SAG issue robustly, not his fault it happened.

Iorfa, Borner, Harris speak to a much smarter transfer strategy, before you say that was Bruce, well he did hire him.

Negatives

Finance issues, but if he can bat off EFL this season then release high earners in the summer like Rhodes then he might be ok.

Ticket prices are too high, i personally believe they should be £20 and a club should look for revenue from other streams, not milking their support.

Apart from that i am happy, not his fault about current results, squad needs changing but that takes time and Monk only arrived less than 4 months ago thanks to Bruce.

He ain't perfect, but i am happy.

Fair do

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, tarn owl said:

May i point out that a 50/50 is pretty good compared to some football clubs, ask Man U, Arsenal, West Ham, Sunderland, Newcastle and i could go on. They will not be anywhere near 50/50.

We are a notoriously supine fanbase. Imagine the protests other clubs would have made against Dave Allen for example. £40 a ticket for 2nd division football - here's my money sir. Now bend over and open wide. How wide sir?

He's who we've got.

Mandaric, whilst he saved us, kept us in maintenance mode.

Chansiri, whilst very badly advised, has the ambition to make us a Premiership club.

Chansiri started off very well with Glen Roeder and Adam Pearson brought in. Unfortunately Adam Pearson jumped ship almost straight away. But that first summer of transfer dealings turned us from a mid-table/relegation team into an upper mid-table/play-offs team.

Once Glen Roeder went, Chansiri didn't replace him and I'm sure he wishes he'd had better advice at that time.

But he's who we've got, and there's no way out of it.

The problem isn't all down to Chansiri. The problem is down to the state of play in Championship football.

Regular Championship teams cannot compete financially with those on parachute payments. Simple as. And the EFL's FFP regulations are skewed against regular Championship teams.

If you look at our squad, many of them were frees or almost free. Our own problem is wages.

Instead of punishing teams for exceeding FFP, they should be looking at ways to reduce wages in the Championship. Maybe a wage cap that puts all teams on a level playing field.

I'd say our problem is 50% Chansiri and 50% EFL. At least Chansiri is trying to be creative e.g. sell the ground. Just hope he can prove it was put in the correct year's financial report!

Just now, sweetsheri said:

You can't but signing champions league quality players would give you a decent shout of top 2 i guess.

A gamble yes but you are reducing your odds dramatically.

But now the Premier League will be enforcing EFL sanctions that route is less straighforward. 

2 hours ago, Kameron said:

We’re currently not under embargo so where’s the reinforcements? Where is the long term  investment in infrastructure and why the need to sell 10 year season tickets? Baring in mind ST money has to be allocated for each season, the only reasons you would do that is to get cash in.  Chansiri is nothing more than a slot machine gambler who’s pissed the lot up the wall.  Unfortunately it will be others who pick up the pieces. 

I think as soon as we reach the end of our current FFP situation and he can invest again he will. 

He could have just fed us to the wolves if he wasnt bothered about us. Just said that's it moneys gone. Then we would have had a Bolton or Bury situation on our hands. He is trying to get us out of the mess we are in ( partly created by him maybe ) but I believe he is doing what he can to make the best out of a bad situation.

• Like 1