• No

On 31/01/2020 at 14:40, i used to be sc_owl said:

No, I don’t. 

Reasons, in no particular order...

Embargoes. 

Farcical 150th celebrations. 

Keeping Carlos a year too long. 

Appointing Jos. 

Allowing an absurd transfer policy to take hold that resulted in a bloated, ageing squad that threatens the financial stability of the club. 
Insulting ticket policies. 
Imposition of Thai customs on a Sheffield football club. 
BBC debacle. 
Multiple kit f*** ups. 

We had one trip to Wembley (after getting very lucky in the home leg against Brighton) and a capitulation in the semi-final the year after. 

We have spent millions and diminished our reputation and standing within the footballing world all to find ourselves worse off on and off the pitch to when Chansiri took over. 

I really cannot see how his ownership can be seen as anything other than an abject failure. 

Now, things have been bad in the past but the stakes were lower then. It will be much, much harder for us to claw our way out of the pit we’re falling into.  The financial losses alone eclipse our problems in the past. 

For the first time in 36 years of me being a Wednesdayite, we have become an embarrassment. 

Good post...

When I tell people about the goings on at our club they are astonished..

Some laugh with a WTF..

Outside the Sheffield bubble we are a laughing stock..

:Chansiri:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

What's his overarching failure? Ticket prices? Or not getting us to the prem yet?

Spunking millions up the wall and taking us no closer to promotion in terms of league position.

A points deduction and his position becomes untenable.

2 hours ago, Spondon Owl said:

What's his overarching failure? Ticket prices? Or not getting us to the prem yet?

His failure is not not getting Wednesday in the PL but it is the total financial, commercial and for want if a better description pastoral mismanagement of the club which has seen it run up huge losses probably +£100m by now, have no coherent strategy on buying/ selling players, generate little outside commercial income, have to sell the ground to offset the worse of his losses and running the risk of EFL financial and points penalties, deliberately price out a section of the fan base, resorting to desperate attempts to mortgage future season ticket income and  finally at least for me his egotistical Chansirification of Wednesday with his bloody name everywhere.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, kobayashi said:

His failure is not not getting Wednesday in the PL but it is the total financial, commercial and for want if a better description pastoral mismanagement of the club which has seen it run up huge losses probably +£100m by now, have no coherent strategy on buying/ selling players, generate little outside commercial income, have to sell the ground to offset the worse of his losses and running the risk of EFL financial and points penalties, deliberately price out a section of the fan base, resorting to desperate attempts to mortgage future season ticket income and  finally at least for me his egotistical Chansirification of Wednesday with his bloody name everywhere.

Struggle to see why anybody would disagree with this.

21 minutes ago, Mr Farrell said:

Spunking millions up the wall and taking us no closer to promotion in terms of league position.

A points deduction and his position becomes untenable.

C19D382F-79B7-4BAC-855D-3AFB1D0E6535.jpegIt’s tenable because he owns us 100%. 

Edited by rickygoo
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, kobayashi said:

Post of the week, absolutely nailed it fella.

Sooner orn ater this will turn round and bite him on the arse because there is little way out of this other than promotion but hey he has good intentions.

Edited by Blue and white

2 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Oh and I forgot his crap badge which has all the design style and authenticity of a 1980s reproduction Georgian TV cabinet.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, keepitsteel89 said:

IF he gets it right he has the money to do some serious good for us, what if he sells and its some consortium looking for a payday in the championship with a 3 mill transfer budget.. the two sides to this thing 

It won't be CHANSIRI,so they won't give a throw.

4 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Sooner orn ater this will turn round and bite him on the arse

Hasn't it already? Oh, I forgot. In his first season, we invested all that money to avoid relegation...

Image result for mission accomplished meme"

4 hours ago, kobayashi said:

Oh and I forgot his crap badge which has all the design style and authenticity of a 1980s reproduction Georgian TV cabinet.

Speaking of the badge, the way we went about manufacturing the kit never sat right with me. Not just because we have no business being a clothing brand, but because we were told that the motivation was to reduce costs. But having done so, instead of making the kit more affordable for families, the price was actually increased (lowering the cost, but increasing the price - on a no-name brand). I was genuinely shocked.

Why would you cry to the fans about the low margins with a conventional athletic brand, only to increase prices anyway? What sort of fan is sympathetic to this sort of messaging?

Taken for absolute chumps

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, bobness said:

Speaking of the badge, the way we went about manufacturing the kit never sat right with me. Not just because we have no business being a clothing brand, but because we were told that the motivation was to reduce costs. But having done so, instead of making the kit more affordable for families, the price was actually increased (lowering the cost, but increasing the price - on a no-name brand). I was genuinely shocked.

Why would you cry to the fans about the low margins with a conventional athletic brand, only to increase prices anyway? What sort of fan is sympathetic to this sort of messaging?

Taken for absolute chumps

Way things are going he could give the kit away for free it wouldn't make the slightest bit of difference

4 hours ago, keepitsteel89 said:

IF he gets it right he has the money to do some serious good for us, what if he sells and its some consortium looking for a payday in the championship with a 3 mill transfer budget.. the two sides to this thing 

How do you know how much money he has?