Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

How many chairpersons have walked into a Championship club and achieved overnight success? Very few I would wager.

It takes time and plans are torn up after the big idea runs out of steam.

Seems that many have the idea that DC walks into the club splashes the cash and away we go.  Trouble is there are twenty odd other clubs who don't lay down and let us walk all over them.

Talk to any fans in this crazy league and you won't find many happy with their chairperson.  

The one person who is most disappointed that the club hasn't gained promotion is DC himself.

If you are that much against him then start a campaign to get him out. 

Whose putting themselves forward to coordinate the rebellion?

We don't want to get involved in campaigns and rebellions. Life's too short. We just want common sense to prevail and for the club to be well run. 

Just now, rickygoo said:

We don't want to get involved in campaigns and rebellions. Life's too short. We just want common sense to prevail and for the club to be well run. 

Life's too short but your happy to spend plenty of time sniping from the sidelines about the running of the club.

The time could be better spent coordinating the campaign against DC, you seem to have all the answers and you could quickly sort it all after all it only takes a bit of common sense.

Come on if you love the club as much as I think you do, then you have a moral duty to your fellow fans to save the club from a certain death.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Life's too short but your happy to spend plenty of time sniping from the sidelines about the running of the club.

The time could be better spent coordinating the campaign against DC, you seem to have all the answers and you could quickly sort it all after all it only takes a bit of common sense.

Come on if you love the club as much as I think you do, then you have a moral duty to your fellow fans to save the club from a certain death.

You're committed I'll give you that. 

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

So we are not allowed to criticise him?
If he wanted undying loyalty he should have brought a dog not an English football cub.

Problem is, some folks don't know difference between criticism and insults, hurling abuse is what I'm talking about. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, OwlAbroad said:

I'm sorry, but I think we all wanted Chansiri to succeed. The 2015/16 season was the most exciting we'd had in over 20 years. We all felt there was something happening, felt excited. We put up with the extortionate ticket prices for that. The excitement of the tube and walking to Wembley surrounded by a wall of Wednesday fans singing We're On Our Way is something I'll never forget and well worth the 27 hour flight back to Sydney afterwards! We felt like a club united.

But ever since then we've accepted a mismanaged club owned by a well meaning and obviously passionate owner, who nonetheless has refused to take proper advice and put an appropriate structure in place. Decisions have been nothing short of baffling and our transfer policy disastrous.

We're now in the situation of having breached FFP rules many times over, having a worse and dispassionate playing squad for years and pricing out a generation of fans from going through the up and downs we love to experience. All with a team that has very little resale value and very little to offer.

This is Chansiri's fault. So he must carry the buck for where we are, just as he'd take the adoration if we were where we should be. 

I only hope we can make the right changes before we lose the next generation of Wednesday fans, who grow up thinking the Blades are the big club in Sheffield.

Great post.

I've long said that Chansiri was happy to lap up the adulation around Wembley, so he should also be able to take any criticism he receives now things seem to have gone thoroughly titsup.

What I find particularly bizarre is despite the sky high prices, the farce of the commercial operation, the poor recruitment, the transfer embargoes, the ongoing alleged breach of the P&S rules and selling the ground to himself while accounting for it in the wrong year; the number of people who will defend him to the hilt because ''he's learning on the job'' or ''he's put in more money than anyone in our history''

While both these statements may well be true, the simple fact is, he has proven himself to be really, really bad at running a football club...

If someone bought your ailing local pub, spent a million quid on it, but it served warm lager at £6 a pint and still frozen burgers to customers after 5 years... Would you say ''he's done a reyt job Mr Publican, he's put more money into this place than anyone else in history''? No you'd say '' he's a nice bloke and I'm glad he's tried to save The Gardener's, but f*ck me he doesn't know how to run a pub!''

And that's where I am with DC, I have no reasonable reason to doubt his sincerity, I certainly can't question the money he's poured away, I just think its abundantly clear he's got no idea what he's doing.

3 minutes ago, bradowl said:

Problem is, some folks don't know difference between criticism and insults, hurling abuse is what I'm talking about. 

You will always get the odd one going OTT but I think Wednesday fans are a bit crap at protests.
A club like Wednesday going down twice to 3rd level in recent times and nearly out of business, other clubs fans would have been far more mutinous. 

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

^^ This

How dare you come on a Sheffield Wednesday forum and talk about Sheffield Wednesday Rickygoo

2 hours ago, rickygoo said:

We are a notoriously supine fanbase. Imagine the protests other clubs would have made against Dave Allen for example. £40 a ticket for 2nd division football - here's my money sir. Now bend over and open wide. How wide sir?

So what do you suggest we do .?

Stop going,write him a strongly  worded  letter, give him severe booing .....what?

12 minutes ago, torryowl said:

Yes .... 

Then I guess this is ultimately a disagreement over what it means 'to back' the club.

I absolutely don't back Chansiri (in so far as I take 'backing' to mean), but I can't envisage that ever affecting my attendance.

7 minutes ago, torryowl said:

So what do you suggest we do .?

Stop going,write him a strongly  worded  letter, give him severe booing .....what?

Each to their own. Under Allen I stopped going but I was a POTG chap then.  I'm not suggesting we do anything - I'm just pointing out as a fanbase we aren't that demonstrative when it comes to protests against the board. 

4 minutes ago, OurDan said:

^^ This

How dare you come on a Sheffield Wednesday forum and talk about Sheffield Wednesday Rickygoo

No problem with Rickygoo talking about Sheffield Wednesday he often makes very good points.  But why don't the anti DC brigade get together and force him out?

Instead of hiding behind their keyboards and playing the BillyBig testicles on here droning on week in week out.   Show us how its done. 

Do what DC had the bottle to do, buy him out and with your fellow fans sent up a fan run club and then we can all watch you takes us to the promised land.

I have sneaking suspicion that you would rather hide behind your keyboard.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

No problem with Rickygoo talking about Sheffield Wednesday he often makes very good points.  But why don't the anti DC brigade get together and force him out?

Instead of hiding behind their keyboards and playing the BillyBig testicles on here droning on week in week out.   Show us how its done. 

Do what DC had the bottle to do, buy him out and with your fellow fans sent up a fan run club and then we can all watch you takes us to the promised land.

I have sneaking suspicion that you would rather hide behind your keyboard.

Boring lazy way to shut down debate

Can only criticse if you have the cash to buy him out.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

I was going to make the obvious joke. 

But nicely sidestepped I'll give you that. 

I don't want to go to Hillsborough to protest. I want to go and watch a good team giving 100% knowing where we stand in the table without the threat of points deductions, embargoes etc hanging over us. Nice facilities would be a bonus but I can do without those - luckily for me.

Football for me is escaping other things. I don't want it to be yet another problem especially on match days. Spouting off on here is as far as I want my protest to go. The next step is staying away from Hillsborough and I really don't want to take that step again.