Do You Back Chansiri

Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club  

532 members have voted

1. 1. Who Backs Mr Chansiri And His Running Of The Club

• Yes
    • No

I'm sorry, but I think we all wanted Chansiri to succeed. The 2015/16 season was the most exciting we'd had in over 20 years. We all felt there was something happening, felt excited. We put up with the extortionate ticket prices for that. The excitement of the tube and walking to Wembley surrounded by a wall of Wednesday fans singing We're On Our Way is something I'll never forget and well worth the 27 hour flight back to Sydney afterwards! We felt like a club united.

But ever since then we've accepted a mismanaged club owned by a well meaning and obviously passionate owner, who nonetheless has refused to take proper advice and put an appropriate structure in place. Decisions have been nothing short of baffling and our transfer policy disastrous.

We're now in the situation of having breached FFP rules many times over, having a worse and dispassionate playing squad for years and pricing out a generation of fans from going through the up and downs we love to experience. All with a team that has very little resale value and very little to offer.

This is Chansiri's fault. So he must carry the buck for where we are, just as he'd take the adoration if we were where we should be. 

I only hope we can make the right changes before we lose the next generation of Wednesday fans, who grow up thinking the Blades are the big club in Sheffield.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, matthefish2002 said:

It will be almost 20k next season, almost 18k the season after.

Didn't you say that when DC came in along with " They'll be 10,000 fans boycotting the club " cue more season ticket holders than in the whole of our history lol

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

If people continue to spout £36 as being the cost of a seat at Hillsborough then I’ll continue to post what I and almost 23k others pay every week!

23k 5 year season ticket holders? That is total and utter testicles. Idiot indeed. Blithering in fact - whatever that means.

Current 5 year ST would cost you £23.43 a match if you go to every game.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, akbuk said:

Who else has put money into the club like him ,time to get off of his back

The last players we signed for over £1 million were Rhodes and van Aken in summer 2017.

And in this window we’re scrambling around for loans and swap deals.

The only money he’s currently putting into the club is to cover the losses accrued from his own mismanagement.

That’s why I don’t understand a lot of the posts slating the players (maybe apart from Forestieri). The majority of our squad has been put together by shopping for bargains... there shouldn’t be any right to expect them to push for promotion

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, casbahowl said:

If people continue to spout £36 as being the cost of a seat at Hillsborough then I’ll continue to post what I and almost 23k others pay every week!

9 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

23k 5 year season ticket holders? That is total and utter testicles. Idiot indeed. Blithering in fact - whatever that means.

Current 5 year ST would cost you £23.43 a match if you go to every game.

Cretin

image.jpeg.ec9f1c10c1a3af8131ec87fd05635b05.jpeg

Edited by rickygoo
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

In my opinion Chansiri has done a terrible job. Is it all his fault? No, but 90% of it is.

On the pitch he got taken for a ride by CC and the ''football advisers''  - those transfers ruined the club for the next 5 years, BUT he is the one who writes the cheques and he is ultimately responsible 

Off the pitch  - a total and utter shambles apart from a new pitch and a scoreboard 

The initial multi deal season ticket was a decent idea, but it was executed terribly, that is the only positive i think there has been in his tenure sadly 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

Pretty shocked it's so close tbh.

How any fan can be happy with the current set up is beyond me. 

The thing is most will back him - because we keep going

It's not whether we think he is good/bad its because we support the club

Most season ticket holders would go if Abu Hamza was in charge

How many chairpersons have walked into a Championship club and achieved overnight success? Very few I would wager.

It takes time and plans are torn up after the big idea runs out of steam.

Seems that many have the idea that DC walks into the club splashes the cash and away we go.  Trouble is there are twenty odd other clubs who don't lay down and let us walk all over them.

Talk to any fans in this crazy league and you won't find many happy with their chairperson.  

The one person who is most disappointed that the club hasn't gained promotion is DC himself.

If you are that much against him then start a campaign to get him out. 

Whose putting themselves forward to coordinate the rebellion?

• Like 1