QPR - WEDNESDAY (FA CUP) omdt

We never do well at QPR and I don't really care if we win or lose. Obviously, I'd prefer a win, but let's be realistic, once you get the quarter finals you'll play the big boys and get mullered. 

Maybe a chance to play Winnall and Rhodes up top...then we can have a moan on how sh*t they are afterwards

• Haha 2

It's not just the mullet, though, it's those sideburns too.

Good player was Francis in an excellent QPR side in the 70's. I never had 'em in my Subbuteo collection, though. Too many Larndun sides already.

Anyway, enough reminisssse.......reminderssiss...............................errrr.... things from the past.

I'm expecting a solid 3-1 tonking. Well it's on the tellybox here, innit. Guaranteed disappointment for ex-pats

(Plus I just know the boys will get a reaction after last week's debacle but I'm keeping that to myself)

UTO FQPR

Edited by edmontonowl
  • Like 1

QPR were a really good team in the seventies and eighties. Bob Wilson would rush back to the BBC from Loftus Road and breathlessly recount their game. 

I only saw us there once, a solid win in the early eighties, when being a Wednesday fan had become really fun again. I hope our fantastic 3,000 get to enjoy

it as much as I did. We'll never be mastered.....UTO.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

QPR's a club which has changed its identity a fair bit over the years. Alan Johnson, the ex Labour cabinet minister, wrote a superb autobiography about growing up in a working class community with QPR as his local team. He's a lifelong fan. That local base for support has now largely disappeared. In the 70s, beofre the big clubs were global brands, QPR were more successful than Chelsea in W London. They now seem to have a mixture of old geezers, and more rootless fans who have moved to the London area and want somewhere to watch football, maybe with the kids.

Most painful QPR memory was losing 1-0 in 1990 - I think our third last game of the season. This was the point where mild unease that from a seemingly safe position six matches out we were getting onto trouble mutated into real - and justified - panic. As I recall it, they scored quite early, and we created chance after chance: if xG had been around then, it would have been something like 1.1 - 2.8. Late on, Peter Shirtliff hit the underside of the bar with a long shot. The rest is history.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, thewookieisdown said:

QPR's a club which has changed its identity a fair bit over the years. Alan Johnson, the ex Labour cabinet minister, wrote a superb autobiography about growing up in a working class community with QPR as his local team. He's a lifelong fan. That local base for support has now largely disappeared. In the 70s, beofre the big clubs were global brands, QPR were more successful than Chelsea in W London. They now seem to have a mixture of old geezers, and more rootless fans who have moved to the London area and want somewhere to watch football, maybe with the kids.

Most painful QPR memory was losing 1-0 in 1990 - I think our third last game of the season. This was the point where mild unease that from a seemingly safe position six matches out we were getting onto trouble mutated into real - and justified - panic. As I recall it, they scored quite early, and we created chance after chance: if xG had been around then, it would have been something like 1.1 - 2.8. Late on, Peter Shirtliff hit the underside of the bar with a long shot. The rest is history.

Remember that game well.... Never really done much at loftus rd but remember jemson scoring really late on for us but can't remember whether it was for a win or a draw just remember going mental when it went in. 

0--1 toneet UTO

Ah the magic of the FA Cup. Friday night. QPR away.

Was expecting to see some stats about how QPR hadnt won since Gilbert O'Sullivan was number one, to set us up for another Wednesday Way performance.

Anyway, talking of mullets, the best one in football belonged to Mr Waddle, and that of course brings back epic FA Cup memories so I'll have to put my faith in that and hope for the best tonight.

Up the Owls. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1