QPR - WEDNESDAY (FA CUP) omdt

10:32 train, looking forward to a top day out with fantastic mates in Camden then Hammersmith.

Overnight in London then The Clash exhibition at the London Museum tomorrow.

Anyone at home in the 5th round and then prepare once again to do something no living blunt has ever done ........... sing “Abide With Me” before my club plays a football match!

• Like 4

Used to love the FA Cup as a kid, difficult to get excited about it now, more of an inconvenience than anything. 

Hope for a performance after last week, in reality whoever we select up front will be like starting with 10 men. Hope we've been working on corners and free kicks. 

I take solace that we're better away from home, 0-1 Wednesday, somebody from a corner.

If we'd lost to Brighton and had no game this weekend we'd have bemoaned the fact that we've had to wait too long after a pasting. I want to see a full strength side out there tonight with the sole aim of winning the match. No major changes and no blooding of youngsters cos its the cup. There's 3000 travelling down, anything less than 100% effort is an insult to every one of those beautiful individuals. 

48 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

If we'd lost to Brighton and had no game this weekend we'd have bemoaned the fact that we've had to wait too long after a pasting. I want to see a full strength side out there tonight with the sole aim of winning the match. No major changes and no blooding of youngsters cos its the cup. There's 3000 travelling down, anything less than 100% effort is an insult to every one of those beautiful individuals. 

We'd have been playing Wigan tomorrow.

• Thanks 1

REF WATCH

Keith Stroud. Keith f***ing Stroud.

It never rains but it pours, I'd rather have Mick Dundee from last week. This bloke doesn't have a clue, he's a qualified ref who seems to arbitarily ignore laws of the game for no apparent reason, the last two games he's reffed us in he disallowed what would have been a Winnall winner at Derby for nothing, and followed that up by costing us 2 points this season by allowing a late Cardiff goal which was so blatantly wrong that "the Flint goal" became named after a player who never touched and was nowhere near the ball when it went in. That's how bad he is.

The new GeorgeCourtneyometer arrived this week (oddly D-Couriers never turned up so I had to get one from Amazon) but I'm not unboxing it yet for this clown to send it doolally again. 

• Thanks 1

Nice tidy little ground QPR , can be very intimidating for the players as the crowd are very close need some strong carachters out there so reckon Hutch will get a start 

Last time I went we had Michael Reddy playing for us wonder what happened to him 

Former Grimsby manager Russell Slade, who was the manager of Yeovil Town offered to help Reddy with his rehabilitation after he had a second hip operation. Reddy remained with Yeovil for several weeks before leaving the club. After an unsuccessful third hip operation Michael accepted defeat and was forced to retire from professional football. He has since taken up his UEFA B coaching licence with the English FA in 2009.

As of 2012 Reddy is studying business at Manchester Metropolitan University.

He'll be 40 this March.

Edited by Statto Owl
  • Thanks 2

9 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

Wednesday normally ruin my saturday afternoons ,im hoping they dont ruin my friday night .

Aye, we get an extra day of misery over the weekend too. 

Of course If we win we have an extra day of happiness. We have to cling to that hope!

image.png.2335e390ff76b347525ae7fd892296af.png

• Haha 1

It reminds of the story of how a mate of mine became a QPR fan.

Quite some time ago, in the era of Stan Bowles, my mate was a casual Spurs fan. One Saturday he was driving White Hart Lane from the west of London and got stuck in traffic.

He realised he would not make it for kickoff and turned back.

He realised he was near Loftus Road so he parked up and went to the QPR match.

He fell in love Stan and became a keen QPR fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, OxonOwl said:

I once missed a hairdressing appointment where I was going to get my hair cut short on top and at the front, and left long at the back.

Dodged a mullet there.

Thanks. That one is going into the Bonvin cr@p joke repertoire. You never know when you might need one!lol

• Like 1

Guest Bulgaria
27 minutes ago, mcmigo said:

Debut for the Bulgarian Messi Borukov coming tonight !

No wonder he didn't show up this morning to repair my gate posts.