Westwood

A minor point bearing in mind Dawson is cementing himself as number 1 anyway, but this quote is interesting from Monk, I think:

"He felt he had pain in his shoulder in training so he ruled himself out so that's why he wasn't in the squad," said Monk.

He’s also mentioned any return date for FF being up to his pain threshold a few times. 

Surely these “legends” aren’t having the clubs pants down? 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, lincolnowl said:

A minor point bearing in mind Dawson is cementing himself as number 1 anyway, but this quote is interesting from Monk, I think:

"He felt he had pain in his shoulder in training so he ruled himself out so that's why he wasn't in the squad," said Monk.

He’s also mentioned any return date for FF being up to his pain threshold a few times. 

Surely these “legends” aren’t having the clubs pants down? 

It certainly wouldn't be the most absurd theory, bearing in mind Westwood didn't feature under Jos.

You could say theres an indication of petulance or the pride hit of sitting on the bench if not selected for the team.

I was in two minds when previously suggested with Westwood under Jos, but I now actually think this is very likely and makes sense with evidence of Forestieri's attitude in the past...

Just now, TodwickOwl said:

Nicely played by Monk to say rule ‘himself’ out

He could’ve said he was injured and would not make it

Instead he’s hung him out to dry - I suspect he’s off 

I hope so - would hate to see him sit out the next 18 months and get handsomely rewarded.  Might as well take cash now (if anyone interested).

Not been funny but if players are refusing to sit on the bench they should be fined their entire wage 

Westwood comes across as a mardy  tw@t anyway 

Ain't it always strange how he suddenly gets a injury soon as his form takes a dip

1 minute ago, edited said:

As an experienced member of the squad, 34 years old and just sitting on the bench, Monk probably thought he’d do the decent thing and let the bloke spend time with his family. Things like that go a long way

That’s really a good way to run a football club. What’s next? Hands up who wants new year off 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, edited said:

As an experienced member of the squad, 34 years old and just sitting on the bench, Monk probably thought he’d do the decent thing and let the bloke spend time with his family. Things like that go a long way

Are you having a laugh... I seriously hope so

18 minutes ago, oldishowl said:

Pretty obvious Westwood has thrown a sickie and is taking the club for a ride.

Yup

But cus he's a legend according to some it will be swept under the carpet

Said it back in the summer 

Westwood's wages doesn't justify how much time he has off every season 

He seems to have a 'injury' every season no body can ever give a answer to what the injury is 

Saying that Westwood ain't the only player who likes to have a break during the season 

Its a smack in the face to the fans who pay their money to watch these 'legends'