Westwood

If they’re not playing then we may as well let them both go and recoup a bit of money. Westwood especially has been quality for us but it’s good to see our squad finally evolving. 

If we can use 50k (ballpark figure) a week and whatever we can get for them in transfer fees to improve the starting XI/subs bench by bringing in players of the standard of Iorfa and Luongo then it makes sense for all parties to move on

4 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

A minor point bearing in mind Dawson is cementing himself as number 1 anyway, but this quote is interesting from Monk, I think:

"He felt he had pain in his shoulder in training so he ruled himself out so that's why he wasn't in the squad," said Monk.

He’s also mentioned any return date for FF being up to his pain threshold a few times. 

Surely these “legends” aren’t having the clubs pants down? 

if I was on the money them 2 are on id play with 1 leg something which I did a few years ago as I wouldn't have got paid if not. need them both 2 leave .westwood is a total liability in goal cost us 8 goals this season with his fumbling . forestieri is finished his attitude is all wrong I wish we could just sack him now ,he has been stealing a living for 2 years now,i doubt there is anything wrong with him . 

1 hour ago, handworth52 said:

if I was on the money them 2 are on id play with 1 leg something which I did a few years ago as I wouldn't have got paid if not. need them both 2 leave .westwood is a total liability in goal cost us 8 goals this season with his fumbling . forestieri is finished his attitude is all wrong I wish we could just sack him now ,he has been stealing a living for 2 years now,i doubt there is anything wrong with him . 

Some rumours about up here that udders again want Westwood, would probably be a good deal for all parties as they are no threat to promotion chasing teams and he can commute there.....£1m will do it

4 hours ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

His time with us is up.

Especially now, as it seems Dawson had taken the number 1 mantle.

We've been taken for a ride by him since December 2017, and many fell into the trap of blaming Jos and not him.

Fell into what trap?

Surely we would not have given him a new contract this summer had he been completely at fault. 

Jos threw in Dawson and basically chucked him and other youngsters under the bus as they were not ready. We had one of the worst defensive records in the division under that clown. 

Things improved when Westwood was brought back from the cold. This season Westwood has made mistakes, Dawson is in the team on merit and looks more confident as a result.

12 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

A minor point bearing in mind Dawson is cementing himself as number 1 anyway, but this quote is interesting from Monk, I think:

"He felt he had pain in his shoulder in training so he ruled himself out so that's why he wasn't in the squad," said Monk.

He’s also mentioned any return date for FF being up to his pain threshold a few times. 

Surely these “legends” aren’t having the clubs pants down? 

we need FF like yesterday....Nuhui and Rhodes up front.....Nnnnnooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

5 hours ago, nbupperthongowl said:

Some rumours about up here that udders again want Westwood, would probably be a good deal for all parties as they are no threat to promotion chasing teams and he can commute there.....£1m will do it

can we throw Nuhui in as well...?

There used be two sides to players declaring them selves fit/not fit. . Managers tended to trust players . I do remember Big Jack going apoplectic when Jason McAteer declared himself fit  for Ireland and had to be taken off during the game. Maybe with all the backroom physio and science these days it is clearer whether a player is fit enough to play?

8 hours ago, handworth52 said:

Read the first sentence and thought big Dave had posted. 

• Haha 1

Guest Kagoshimaowl
16 hours ago, handworth52 said:

You are a disgrace. Westy has been a legend for us. An absolutely brilliant keeper who along with Hutch steadied a sinking ship last season. He FULLY deserved his new contract. This year he has made some poor mistakes but for the brilliance he has shown it can be forgiven. All the other crap is just rounduns rumors that nobody actually has a clue about. He is still miles better than Dawson. However, Dawson is improving. He was poo last year but I have felt more confident with him between the sticks this season and of course he could improve.

For me it’s simple. Offer Dawson a new contract and if he signs we could then think about letting Westwood go and hope Dawson forfills his potential. If he doesn’t sign the first week of January, bin him to the U23’s, sell him to the highest bidder and then put Westwood back in. Either is fine for me but there’s no point having both of them. 

57 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

You are a disgrace. Westy has been a legend for us. An absolutely brilliant keeper who along with Hutch steadied a sinking ship last season. He FULLY deserved his new contract. This year he has made some poor mistakes but for the brilliance he has shown it can be forgiven. All the other crap is just rounduns rumors that nobody actually has a clue about. He is still miles better than Dawson. However, Dawson is improving. He was poo last year but I have felt more confident with him between the sticks this season and of course he could improve.

For me it’s simple. Offer Dawson a new contract and if he signs we could then think about letting Westwood go and hope Dawson forfills his potential. If he doesn’t sign the first week of January, bin him to the U23’s, sell him to the highest bidder and then put Westwood back in. Either is fine for me but there’s no point having both of them. 

westwood has been a top keeper for us that's never in doubt ,but over the years with us he has had so many injuries and knocks its unreal ,when a manager says in his press conference that both forestieri and westwood declare themselves unfit I have huge question marks over this. everyone knows forestieri was not going to play this xmas we knew that weeks/months ago he has a pathetic attitude as a footballer he thinks its ok to be paid 30-35k a week and put little effort into training and couldn't be bothered or play with a but of pain ,he wants out and if any club stupid enough to take him then he mast be shown the door. regards westwood he has been the worst keeper in the league this season cost us about 8 goals im not dawsons no1 fan but he had to come in for him ,he stopped at stoke an absolute mauling for us (highlights didn't show that) and I cant see him losing his place this season now . westwood hates been no2 and if we can lose his wages it be best for both parties ,if we can lose Rhodes, forestieri , westwood off the wage bill that's not far off 100k a week saved im sure we could get in some very decent loans with that. even some of the players(bannan) has mentioned about forestieri regards training. 

19 hours ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Very disappointing behaviour if true. You also get the feeling that FF is also not ‘playing ball’ regarding his own fitness.

I don’t think Monk takes any prisoners and I expect some outgoings in January. 

You can tell Forestieri’s heart isn’t in it when he’s not telling the whole world about it on Instagram. There would be daily updates on his training if it was likely he’ll play any time soon.  

19 hours ago, Silkstone Owl said:

Is Fessi a legend now?!  Should have got shot of him following the Norwich debacle !!

at that time he was the best player in the championship by a mile I was told his wages were half of fletchers at the time so he spat his dummy out . ive also been to many away games were he was on bench and didn't warm up at half time and was practically lifted off of dugout to get him to warm up ,that was another carlos blunder (any player refusing to warm up at half time should be fined 2 weeks wages and transfer listed) those are facts any away supporter can tell you this is true ,he also didn't warm up at home games ,since bruce/monk have arrived he has been made to warm up . I think managers like monk/bruce from the outside(at other clubs) wanted to sign him in the past but they wouldn't now they know his attitude etc. 

21 hours ago, SiJ said:

Is anyone shocked.

He has been pulling this sort of nonsense for years.

In the past, he got away with it, due to his performance levels.

Now, not so much. 

The bellyaching here when Jos didn't play him was deafening.  Nevermind the fact he was always prone to a howler or two, poor distribution, and mardy onpitch petulance towards his own defensemen.

Was always in favor of Cammy being the #1.  Let's cement it already.

In our position, it makes no sense to have such a highly paid number 2. And one that gets more knocks than Evil Knieval. Somehow need to ship him out. Dawson is now the number 1, and will get better. Westwood peaked 2 years ago.