Westwood

1 hour ago, McRightSide said:

It’s very normal for players to make the call on whether they feel fit enough to be involved

Thats not hanging anyone out to dry.

Not very often the manager alludes to it tho. Usually they’d say ‘he’s injured’ and that’s that. 

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

I hope so - would hate to see him sit out the next 18 months and get handsomely rewarded.  Might as well take cash now (if anyone interested).

Re-signing a player who could have left for nothing and then managing to get a decent fee for him would be the least Wednesday thing ever!

2 hours ago, lincolnowl said:

A minor point bearing in mind Dawson is cementing himself as number 1 anyway, but this quote is interesting from Monk, I think:

"He felt he had pain in his shoulder in training so he ruled himself out so that's why he wasn't in the squad," said Monk.

He’s also mentioned any return date for FF being up to his pain threshold a few times. 

Surely these “legends” aren’t having the clubs pants down? 

They are

3 minutes ago, Animis said:

Not sure why we offered him a 2-yr deal in the Summer, if he would end up refusing to be part of the squad. He clearly had form on this 'no1 or nothing' position, and we'd end up hostage to his games.

Imagine the outraged on here if Westwood would have been released 

I'd have offered a year or nothing with reduced wages with chance to extend with no fitness issues

Westwood has it good here,best wages he'll ever get again,god like status from 95% of the fan base 

Can take a mini break every season when he feels like it

The guy must chuckle to himself at night 

Christ I love an owl stalk jump to conclusion conspiracy theory 

maybe, just maybe and I know it sounds daft that westwood felt a twinge and let the management know he didn’t quite feel ready yet.

we moan at players when there form dips and make mistakes when playing through injury but yet we moan if someone speaks up 

if westwood is playing Sicknote abs not putting it in I’m sure he won’t be selected and dealt with accordingly like forestieri 

they will be out of the team until the commitment and effort Monk demands is there then either sold or released 

until they point I’m going with they are still injured

• Haha 1

Westwood is a fantastic shot stopper and has been a wonderful keeper for this club.

However, I said it at the time of the announcement of his two year extension... by next summer we will really regret handing him that contract. His wages could have gone directly to a mobile striker.

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

I'd have offered a year or nothing with reduced wages with chance to extend with no fitness issues

Westwood has it good here,best wages he'll ever get again,god like status from 95% of the fan base 

It was one year on the same terms or 2 years on reduced.

2 years was signed 

3 hours ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Not been funny but if players are refusing to sit on the bench they should be fined their entire wage 

Westwood comes across as a mardy  tw@t anyway 

Ain't it always strange how he suddenly gets a injury soon as his form takes a dip

No you haven't been funny at all

Guest LondonOwl313

Reckon FF will be off in January for a nominal fee, probably something in the rumours of him going to Italy. He’s 29 and will want a fresh challenge.. bet he’s had enough of England unless it’s premier league

Westwood will be back.. he’s come back from time out of the side before and performed well. Shirt is Dawson’s on merit but don’t think we’ve seen the last of Westwood. 

1 hour ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Not sure why you’ve been negged, as their is a definitely a pattern emerging with Westwood being out of form and injured, coupled with the fact he seems to pick and choose his games, I have absolutely no idea why people are sticking up for him.

Its like they believe every player is a saint with a good attitude and professionalism.