Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

6 hours ago, rickygoo said:

Nothing to do with the current chairman. He didn't save us - he's put us millions of pounds into debt and taken the ground off us.

Nobody is taking any glee from this. There's a bit of gallows humour but no Wednesday fan wants to see Chansiri fail.  

Nice try mate but theres plenty of Wednesday ‘fans’ who want Chansiri to fail, and have done for a considerable time, not really sure who your trying to speak for ? The fanbase on the whole or just this forum ?  Either way for me you couldn’t be further from the truth 

9 hours ago, pussface said:

He will be lucky to get £1 at this rate as the club after his actions would be worthless if not insolvent.

There’s no exit for DC imo without losing a massive amount of money. And he has no one else to blame but himself.

Unless it is worryingly by leasing back the ground at an exorbitant rate.  This could end up like Coventry City. 

So when Chansiri said this in January 2019 when he was trying to drum up business for the Club 1867

"At fans’ forums and Steering Group meetings, I have warned of the problems we will face with the Profitability and Sustainability regulations if we did not get promoted. The same is true as I write today. Unless we achieve promotion this season, we will again experience problems. I said it then and I say it now because I do not wish for bad surprises for our supporters. I wish to say it how it is and that way it is clear on both sides.

To make our situation 100% clear, we are not under any kind of embargo right now. However, if our problems cannot be solved by March when we submit our accounts to the EFL, another soft embargo is inevitable. This will become a full embargo if again the problems cannot be solved at the end of the financial year."

Was he was being economical with the truth in order to get us to splash the cash? What did he mean - "if our problems cannot be solved"?  Hadn't the ground sale solved them - at least as far as submitting the next set of accounts to the EFL?

Answers on a postcard please to the usual address.

• Like 3

Question for anyone who may know.  There is a lot of talk about charges, defense, hearings, sanctions etc.   If we are being charged under EFL Rules/Procedures for a breach of said rules, then surely there must be Procedures/Protocols/Timescales within said rules that must be followed, by both parties?  We know we have been charged, we know we have issued a statement saying we will defend, but what is the next step?  Do we attend a hearing to defend charges? Does the EFL's independent committee just review the case and recommend sanctions, that we then have to appeal?  In construction law, and contract law for example such procedures are well documented and timescales/procedures etc. are well defined and definite.  Or do EFL just make it up as they go along as we all suspect? 

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

3 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

This might be "morning brain" from me, but wasn't the stadium sale instigated after January 2019?

If it was then that's a problem

From Times  15 Nov 2019

"In the accounts filed by the club to Companies House for the period ending July 31, 2018, the “profit on disposal of stadium” is stated to be £38,061,000. However, documents filed with the Land Registry say that the transaction for the purchase of Hillsborough, by a company owned solely by the Wednesday chairman and owner, Dejphon Chansiri, took place only five months ago. The document says: “The price stated to have been paid on 28 June 2019 for the land in this title was £60million exclusive of VAT. Indeed the company that made the purchase, Sheffield 3 Limited, was not incorporated until June 21 this year. The one listed officer of Sheffield 3 Ltd is Thai millionaire Chansiri."

• Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Striggy said:

Question for anyone who may know.  There is a lot of talk about charges, defense, hearings, sanctions etc.   If we are being charged under EFL Rules/Procedures for a breach of said rules, then surely there must be Procedures/Protocols/Timescales within said rules that must be followed, by both parties?  We know we have been charged, we know we have issued a statement saying we will defend, but what is the next step?  Do we attend a hearing to defend charges? Does the EFL's independent committee just review the case and recommend sanctions, that we then have to appeal?  In construction law, and contract law for example such procedures are well documented and timescales/procedures etc. are well defined and definite.  Or do EFL just make it up as they go along as we all suspect? 

https://www.efl.com/-more/governance/efl-rules--regulations/section-8---offences-inquiries-commissions-disputes-and-appeals/

46 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

So when Chansiri said this in January 2019 when he was trying to drum up business for the Club 1867

"At fans’ forums and Steering Group meetings, I have warned of the problems we will face with the Profitability and Sustainability regulations if we did not get promoted. The same is true as I write today. Unless we achieve promotion this season, we will again experience problems. I said it then and I say it now because I do not wish for bad surprises for our supporters. I wish to say it how it is and that way it is clear on both sides.

To make our situation 100% clear, we are not under any kind of embargo right now. However, if our problems cannot be solved by March when we submit our accounts to the EFL, another soft embargo is inevitable. This will become a full embargo if again the problems cannot be solved at the end of the financial year."

Was he was being economical with the truth in order to get us to splash the cash? What did he mean - "if our problems cannot be solved"?  Hadn't the ground sale solved them - at least as far as submitting the next set of accounts to the EFL?

Answers on a postcard please to the usual address.

This galls me more than anything................he KNEW for a long time what was coming, yet still blocked any major sales and still allowed ridiculous signings like Boyd and Van Aken to go through.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, sheriwozgod said:

This galls me more than anything................he KNEW for a long time what was coming, yet still blocked any major sales and still allowed ridiculous signings like Boyd and Van Aken to go through.

It's ok because there are some on here who believe he has done nothing other than act in a naive manner.

10 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

We all knew it was coming

38 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

If it was then that's a problem

From Times  15 Nov 2019

"In the accounts filed by the club to Companies House for the period ending July 31, 2018, the “profit on disposal of stadium” is stated to be £38,061,000. However, documents filed with the Land Registry say that the transaction for the purchase of Hillsborough, by a company owned solely by the Wednesday chairman and owner, Dejphon Chansiri, took place only five months ago. The document says: “The price stated to have been paid on 28 June 2019 for the land in this title was £60million exclusive of VAT. Indeed the company that made the purchase, Sheffield 3 Limited, was not incorporated until June 21 this year. The one listed officer of Sheffield 3 Ltd is Thai millionaire Chansiri."

So DC has basically sold the ground to a company which didn't exist until a year after he claims they bought it . ?