Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

Had DC given Stuart Gray a change for the first full season with a new pitch and  some money to bring in players we lacked do people think we would now be a team either in the premier league or a lot better of than the state of the club now>

Edited by room0035
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, rickygoo said:

Which sounds like a description of Wednesday under Chansiri - only more so. 

The same Chansiri your claiming no Wednesday fans want to see fail ?? 

6 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

The personal charges against the three directors was new information that hadn't been considered by many. Nothing has changed about FF's commitment, Nuhui's ability or the rob dog prices either. We're always going round in circles. That's what forums do.  

They're not new charges though and have had no impact at all on our ability to be able to continue to operate.

You lot go round in circles, I'll wait and see what happens.

The stadium is not the cause of our current problems, but rather another symptom.  The causes of our problems are the following signings:

Darryl Lachman

Sergiu Bus

Claude Dielna

Urby Emanuelson

Jordan Rhodes

Callum McManaman

Will Buckley

David Jones

Almen Abdi

George Boyd

Joost van Aken

And that's just a selection from the top of my head of signings we've made that have not worked out.  Best guestimate, maybe £200,000 p/w in wages and millions in fees.  No club gets every deal right, but you would expect a club with a logical strategy of well thought out transfers to get more right than wrong.  

We don't waste money, we don't fall foul of P&S and as such we don't need to sell our stadium. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Had DC given Stuart Gray a change for the first full season with a new pitch and  some money to bring in players we lacked do people think we would now be a team either in the premier league or a lot better of than the state of the club now>

He could have taken us down as well, something we will never know.  

Just now, rickygoo said:

Yep - if Chansiri fails, Wednesday fail. I'm not keen on the guy for many reasons but I'd love him to succeed. 

your delusional if you think there isn’t any fans who want , and have wanted for a long time for Chansiri to fail 

1 minute ago, i used to be sc_owl said:

The stadium is not the cause of our current problems, but rather another symptom.  The causes of our problems are the following signings:

Darryl Lachman

Sergiu Bus

Claude Dielna

Urby Emanuelson

Jordan Rhodes

Callum McManaman

Will Buckley

David Jones

Almen Abdi

George Boyd

Joost van Aken

And that's just a selection from the top of my head of signings we've made that have not worked out.  Best guestimate, maybe £200,000 p/w in wages and millions in fees.  No club gets every deal right, but you would expect a club with a logical strategy of well thought out transfers to get more right than wrong.  

We don't waste money, we don't fall foul of P&S and as such we don't need to sell our stadium. 

How does that compare with other clubs?  Genuine question, how many players turn out to be 'successful' signings?

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

A bit desperate mate hundreds of teams have played entertaining football on sandpits.  Did Stu hang about for that long, thought it was only a few weeks?

DC took over in January 2014 and Gray was given just £1m to sign 3 players to help the team he signed Melo, Bus, Vermijl. None did particularly well but Stu also did not get long to work with any of them.

Melo spent 18 month injured then was loan out to Portugal and stayed there, Bus went out on loan a few times then left as a free agent and Vermijl went for about £600k to Preston,

Had Gray been able to bring in a few loans or free agents in the summer though the team could be a lot different now.

7 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Yes

13 minutes ago, Ash76 said:

But we discussed it 3 or 4 weeks ago. Nothing has actually changed since then

So let me get this straight, are you suggesting I should just do some work instead of discussing the future of Sheffield Wednesday?

• Haha 3

39 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

Its blatantly obvious what has happened.  I'd love to be a fly on the wall when DC is asked to explain how he sold the ground to a company that didn't yet exist. 

Its staggering ., it really is .this goes way and beyond just breaching FFP limits .

Add to that we get sponsored by 2 companies that don't even exist.

3 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Yep - if Chansiri fails, Wednesday fail. I'm not keen on the guy for many reasons but I'd love him to succeed. 

I can well imagine plenty of posters on here feeling very smug and having a holy than thou attitude, should he not ultimately succeed.   

Will have to set up a new site just so they can massage each other egos.   

1 minute ago, Mycroft said:

I can well imagine plenty of posters on here feeling very smug and having a holy than thou attitude, should he not ultimately succeed.   

That group of people are genuinely just tvvats though. Usually best to ignore regardless of topic.

3 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So let me get this straight, are you suggesting I should just do some work instead of discussing the future of Sheffield Wednesday?

That's it, yeah

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

DC took over in January 2014 and Gray was given just £1m to sign 3 players to help the team he signed Melo, Bus, Vermijl. None did particularly well but Stu also did not get long to work with any of them.

Melo spent 18 month injured then was loan out to Portugal and stayed there, Bus went out on loan a few times then left as a free agent and Vermijl went for about £600k to Preston,

Had Gray been able to bring in a few loans or free agents in the summer though the team could be a lot different now.

It could be very different top of the Prem or struggling in the 1st. 

4 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

He could have taken us down as well, something we will never know.  

Indeed but you could see the types of players coming in, a back bone to the side that is still at the club 6 years later add a bit of flare to a very solid team of 

Westwood (Kirkland)/ Lees, Palmer, Hutch, Loovens, Semedo, Lee. 

Add to this foundation a bit of flare on the wings and you have the makings of a good team of course these players were 5 years younger than they are now too.

5 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

What do DC’s boots taste like?

• Haha 1