Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

Funnily enough though Stuart Gray did manage to get promoted to the premier league as he was on the Fulham coaching staff when they got promoted.

We know from playing and watching Fulham when they went up, they had a very attacking and enjoyable team to watch and Stu was part of that team.

Given better playing conditions and a few better players whose to know that Gray's style of play would have not chance. It could have gone sour but at least he would spent millions and millions less on players that he did not need. 

I personally just think the club would be in both a better league and financial position had Gray still been at the club, I also think more youth would had developed into the youth team, Adam Davies, Liam Palmer, Caolan Lavery, Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith all came into the first team under Gray 3 are still in the first team, one went the Barnsley and now plays for Stoke City, the other is went to the dark side and is now in league one. But all are league players.

You make a good case but still not convincing me, his football was dour, you could nip down for a drink and the ball would still be in the same place as it was before.

Funny how time plays tricks on you I thought Palmer had come through the ranks before Stu had arrived.  

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

A lot of fans would have been complaining that club is showing no ambition. 

yes you are right mate, the usual suspects would have spouted off , and whilst you could question HOW the money was spent in the first two years I think when it was laid out in black and white the vast majority of Wednesday fans would have understood

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

If he's offered enough money he might.  

Will we buy etc any players anyway unless we are high in the playoff places would think it unlikely?

You are probably right.
Just think the club being in limbo a bit might be more damaging then the actual punishment itself (If we get any)

24 minutes ago, pussface said:

Bannon aside (who was also free) our best players in the DC era were already at the club before he took over.

All free transfers...

Bit disingenuous...

Appreciate that players like Lee, Lees and Hutchinson were already at the club, but some very important players were also signed after Chansiri took over, most notably in the summer of 2015 and during that season. 

Bannan, Wallace, Lopez, Sasso, Forestieri, Hooper, Hunt, Joao, Matias (albeit Matias was a bit of an enigma)

+ various other players, and loan signings that played a role during that season. 

13 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

You make a good case but still not convincing me, his football was dour, you could nip down for a drink and the ball would still be in the same place as it was before.

Funny how time plays tricks on you I thought Palmer had come through the ranks before Stu had arrived.  

He had but only fleetingly he got his chance under Stu ad played consistently in the first team.

4 minutes ago, bigdan2003 said:

Bit disingenuous...

Appreciate that players like Lee, Lees and Hutchinson were already at the club, but some very important players were also signed after Chansiri took over, most notably in the summer of 2015 and during that season. 

Bannan, Wallace, Lopez, Sasso, Forestieri, Hooper, Hunt, Joao, Matias (albeit Matias was a bit of an enigma)

+ various other players, and loan signings that played a role during that season. 

Not really since Westwood, Lees, Lee and Hutchinson have been the spine of that era team.

interestingly those signings you cite were made when DC still had football advisors at the club...why did they all leave?

There’s a list further her up the thread on the calibre of signings which followed after that superb summer transfer window...

50 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I can well imagine plenty of posters on here feeling very smug and having a holy than thou attitude, should he not ultimately succeed.   

Will have to set up a new site just so they can massage each other egos.   

While you're at it set up one for people with their heads so far up Chansiri's arse that they can't see the wood for the something digestive tract related that rhymes with trees.

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Funnily enough though Stuart Gray did manage to get promoted to the premier league as he was on the Fulham coaching staff when they got promoted.

We know from playing and watching Fulham when they went up, they had a very attacking and enjoyable team to watch and Stu was part of that team.

Given better playing conditions and a few better players whose to know that Gray's style of play would have not chance. It could have gone sour but at least he would spent millions and millions less on players that he did not need. 

I personally just think the club would be in both a better league and financial position had Gray still been at the club, I also think more youth would had developed into the youth team, Adam Davies, Liam Palmer, Caolan Lavery, Cameron Dawson, Joe Wildsmith all came into the first team under Gray 3 are still in the first team, one went the Barnsley and now plays for Stoke City, the other is went to the dark side and is now in league one. But all are league players.

If he was as good as you infer he's be in a management role now, he did well with limited resources playing a very defensive way and had a very poor January transfer window (Sergiu Bus).

1 minute ago, toppOwl said:

If he was as good as you infer he's be in a management role now, he did well with limited resources playing a very defensive way and had a very poor January transfer window (Sergiu Bus).

Gray told me and a bunch of other Wednesdayites a few years ago that he’d never heard of Bus and Melo when they signed. Wasn’t his call. 

1 hour ago, Mycroft said:

I can well imagine plenty of posters on here feeling very smug and having a holy than thou attitude, should he not ultimately succeed.   

Will have to set up a new site just so they can massage each other egos.   

When its set up let me know. Love a good massage. Cheers

51 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Think he charges will impact our transfer business in January though.
Will a decent player want to join a club that might want miss out on a play off place due to points deduction.

Assuming there was a plan in the first place. I'm not so sure