Chansiri charged - could be banned from football

Guest addedtime

1 hour ago, wellbeaten-the-owl said:

What I don't understand is why, if the EFL are so confident that we have done wrong and charges will be upheld, have they still not set a date for the independent hearing?

Also worried about how they reacted when they didn't get the result they wanted from the independent panel on the Bolton punishment (immediately appealing the decision)

Don't panic , we have hired the best in the business to defend us . D- Lawyers are on the case. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

46 minutes ago, Steelman said:

Tbh I give zero fûčks about Chansiri. None of this will matter in 10 years time, it will pass. He will be gone and all of us will still be here.

He will go down as one of the worst Chairmen in the history of the club. He’s single handedly turned us into a laughing stock. I’m embarrassed at what our club has become. And it’s all his fault.

If the EFL do ban him from football it could be a blessing in disguise. So what if we have to start again 7 tiers down the pyramid? Who cares if we have to leave Hillsborough because of it? 

Fûck Chansiri

Fučk the EFL

Füçk the Bl***s

What has our club become? Cos from what I can see currently, we're a promotion challenging side with the 3rd best defence in the league with an average attendance of 24,000.

What we were before he took over was a relegation battling, walking bankruptcy case with attendances heading towards the sub 20,000 mark and the reputation that bordered on sympathy from other clubs. Not envy, hatred, ambivalence, sympathy. That is embarrassing.

Prior to that, we were saved from being essentially liquidated (with less than an hour to spare) and had spent the last few years signing the likes of Danny Maddix and Kenny Lunt and wondering if there would actually *be* a SWFC next season. That is embarrassing.

And 'fans' like you, who don't like the current chairman (for whatever reason) who take gleeful pleasure in jumping in and decrying him as the worst chairman we've ever had (even when the facts clearly show otherwise) as soon as anything even vaguely bad happens, just so you can tell everyone how right you were all along. You're embarrassing.

If you think the club is in such a bad way, I suggest you bugger off to bumhole lane or that tin shack over at Chesterfield and bore them with your miserable bullshit. They may even enjoy it.

Edited by Minton
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Minton said:

What has our club become? Cos from what I can see currently, we're a promotion challenging side with the 3rd best defence in the league with an average attendance of 24,000.

What we were before he took over was a relegation battling, walking bankruptcy case with attendances heading towards the sub 20,000 mark and the reputation that bordered on sympathy from other clubs. Not envy, hatred, ambivalence, sympathy. That is embarrassing.

Prior to that, we were saved from being essentially liquidated (with less than an hour to spare) and had spent the last few years signing the likes of Danny Maddix and Kenny Lunt and wondering if there would actually *be* a SWFC next season. That is embarrassing.

And 'fans' like you, who don't like the current chairman (for whatever reason) who take gleeful pleasure in jumping in and decrying him as the worst chairman we've ever had (even when the facts clearly show otherwise) as soon as anything even vaguely bad happens, just so you can tell everyone how right you were all along. You're embarrassing.

If you think the club is in such a bad way, I suggest you bugger off to bumhole lane or that tin shack over at Chesterfield and bore them with your miserable bullshit. They may even enjoy it.

Words fail me

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Minton said:

Let's wait and see if we end up with a points deduction. Don't count your chickens we might be relegation threatened soon.

Attendances are falling - and if you look at the actual numbers in the ground I suspect they're falling drastically. Plus we're now a laughing stock. Sympathy or laughing stock - which is better? You pays your money....... 

Nothing to do with the current chairman. He didn't save us - he's put us millions of pounds into debt and taken the ground off us.

And 'fans' like you, who don't like the current chairman (for whatever reason)

Wonder what reasons there could be. 

lol

who take gleeful pleasure

Nobody is taking any glee from this. There's a bit of gallows humour but no Wednesday fan wants to see Chansiri fail. 

in jumping in and decrying him as the worst chairman we've ever had (even when the facts clearly show otherwise) as soon as anything even vaguely bad happens,

An FA charge for misconduct, a potential sizeable points deduction and overall catastrophic losses sounds a bit more than vaguely to me.

just so you can tell everyone how right you were all along. You're embarrassing.

Not buying that sorry. There's been remarkably little I told you so on here.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Nobody is taking any glee from this. There's a bit of gallows humour but no Wednesday fan wants to see Chansiri fail. 

18 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Not buying that sorry. There's been remarkably little I told you so on here.

Look through this thread and other threads like it. There is so much of both of those things going on, usually from the same posters. wee wees me off.

• Thanks 1

Guest LondonOwl313

If you think about it, from what we know, what has he actually done wrong? He's come here and been naive, but opened his wallet to try and get us up. Nobody complained in season 1 (2015-16) and you'd have to say on balance the money was well spent with lots of successful signings and the team transformed from lower mid table to play offs. 2016-17 he carried on spending and the signings were a car crash, team didn't improve on the pitch and we didn't go up.

Has he made financial commitments and then walked away and not honoured them? No it's the opposite of that... he's carried on funding the losses despite the last 2 seasons being poor. All he's done wrong is allegedly record the sale of the stadium on the wrong date. He doesn't deserve to be banned from football for that when you look at what some other owners have done.

There are worse people involved with football clubs (look at Bury/Bolton) and there are chairman who give far less financial backing. He's made lots of mistakes and not sought out advice when it was needed... but actually feel a bit sorry for the guy. He's tried to get us out of a situation (by selling the stadium) that occurred because he went about getting promoted in the wrong way and it's something that half the division is also doing. The system itself is broken.. yet we're being made a scapegoat for it

3 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

If you think about it, from what we know, what has he actually done wrong? He's come here and been naive, but opened his wallet to try and get us up. Nobody complained in season 1 (2015-16) and you'd have to say on balance the money was well spent with lots of successful signings and the team transformed from lower mid table to play offs. 2016-17 he carried on spending and the signings were a car crash, team didn't improve on the pitch and we didn't go up.

Has he made financial commitments and then walked away and not honoured them? No it's the opposite of that... he's carried on funding the losses despite the last 2 seasons being poor. All he's done wrong is allegedly record the sale of the stadium on the wrong date. He doesn't deserve to be banned from football for that when you look at what some other owners have done.

There are worse people involved with football clubs (look at Bury/Bolton) and there are chairman who give far less financial backing. He's made lots of mistakes and not sought out advice when it was needed... but actually feel a bit sorry for the guy. He's tried to get us out of a situation (by selling the stadium) that occurred because he went about getting promoted in the wrong way and it's something that half the division is also doing. The system itself is broken.. yet we're being made a scapegoat for it

Fuckme sideways, and we wonder why we're a joke of a club.

Edited by Blue and white
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I am not an accountant, solicitor, or an expert on EFL transactions, and the rules pertaining to them, however are DC's actions any less than those of Ken Bates buying Chelsea for £1 back in the early 80's, or Hull and Swansea being sold for a pound in the recent past. Would those sales be sanctioned today ?

I don't know the ins and out of the current investigation, but the examples above are surely more underhand and deceitful.

I think DC is an honourable man, certainly any criticism as to his naivety in terms of football and financial transactions is fair, but he has tried to get us back to the Premier League, more so than any other Chairman in the recent past. Criticise him for his ambition, but the vitriol levelled at him by many on here is unfair in my opinion.

5 minutes ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

I am not an accountant, solicitor, or an expert on EFL transactions, and the rules pertaining to them, however are DC's actions any less than those of Ken Bates buying Chelsea for £1 back in the early 80's, or Hull and Swansea being sold for a pound in the recent past. Would those sales be sanctioned today ?

I don't know the ins and out of the current investigation, but the examples above are surely more underhand and deceitful.

I think DC is an honourable man, certainly any criticism as to his naivety in terms of football and financial transactions is fair, but he has tried to get us back to the Premier League, more so than any other Chairman in the recent past. Criticise him for his ambition, but the vitriol levelled at him by many on here is unfair in my opinion.

Yes they would be ratified. The £1 is the token sum paid for the sale to legal, a contract isn't valid unless a fee is paid when it comes to law. What they were in fact doing is taking on the debts of the club and paying them, much like Milan did with us. He paid our debts (£7m if I remember correctly) and then took ownership of the club for £1.

6 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I’m more worried about the ground ownership. If he does decide to leave, who owns the ground? Can see this all getting very messy.  

He owns it now regardless of anything else.

If he decides to leave he'll need to find a buyer for the club. Value of Hillsborough won't get him much cash back on it's own. So ground will be included in deal to buy as normal I imagine.

Regardless I expect he'd be looking at a loss of £30m or so even with a buyer. Expensive hobby running a football team.

2 hours ago, sMacLean said:

He owns it now regardless of anything else.

If he decides to leave he'll need to find a buyer for the club. Value of Hillsborough won't get him much cash back on it's own. So ground will be included in deal to buy as normal I imagine.

Regardless I expect he'd be looking at a loss of £30m or so even with a buyer. Expensive hobby running a football team.

Or, if he decides to leave the only way he can recoup enough money is to keep the ground knowing we have little choice but to pay rent on an ongoing basis. Just as possible.