Palmer or Odubajo

Iorfa for me, Lees and Borner central, Iorfa RB, Palmer LB, I'm not one of those Fox abusers but his form has IMO dipped a little and I didn't think he had a great game today, back to his old low confidence self (not sure if going back to Charlton really bothered him?)

15 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Odubajo

He contributes more going forward than Palmer makes up in defending.

For me Palmer hasn’t had a good game at right back this season and I more judge him as a competitor for Fox at LB.

We always hear that Odubajo is great at going forward. But he is not that great where we can put up with how bad he can be defensively.  Palmer right back and Fox at left back for me.

3 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

We always hear that Odubajo is great at going forward. But he is not that great where we can put up with how bad he can be defensively.  Palmer right back and Fox at left back for me.

Rather have him than the RB version of Palmer, who seems to revert to a lazy, walking version of his LB self

43 minutes ago, sparky74 said:

It’s like asking who you’d rather have babysat your kids- Rose West or Myra Hindley.

This.

Blow job from Theresa May, or up the bottom with Jo Brand ?

Not a fair question.

Edited by Mr Farrell
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

How anyone would say move Iorfa from centre half is beyond me,  straight feyt between Lees and Iorfa for a place next to Borner who I haven’t seen have a bad game yet 

4 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Who’s first choice RB when Palmer suspension is lifted? 

Cant make my mind up personally - Odubajo good going forwards but sloppy at back and looks prone to being beat. Palmer better defensively but doesn’t offer the same as Moses moving forward....

Tough one

Get rid of both, Palmer has had his chance, and odujabo to replace him, weak links imo. 

6 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Who’s first choice RB when Palmer suspension is lifted? 

Cant make my mind up personally - Odubajo good going forwards but sloppy at back and looks prone to being beat. Palmer better defensively but doesn’t offer the same as Moses moving forward....

Tough one

You’re exactly correct in terms of their attributes but, overall, Palmer is the better option IMHO. 

Edited by shandypants

4 hours ago, McRightSide said:

I still think 

Börner

Lees

Iorfa

Would be the best combination, and help us get more of our talent onto the pitch

3 centre backs, you mean? If so then, yeah, I'd like to see us give this a crack again at some point.

Whether we have two wing-backs is another matter, of course, but I'd assume we'd only play this formation anyway if we had two that were thought to be up to the task.

Before the season started, I'd have said Odubajo ought to be a natural fit as a wing back. Having seen his performances up close now, it seems far less obvious that he'd be any better in this role than Palmer would be (who I don't think is suited to wing back). Still, the memory of his former self at Hull lingers and I'd at least like to see whether this is something he's still up to.

Unfortunately, we don't seem to have a single left wing back. Reach might be the closest we have because his fitness levels are excellent, but his negligible combative presence would obviously be an issue whenever we're under the cosh.