Palmer or Odubajo

I know Odubajo's reputation is that he's decent going forward, and certainly I remember him looking excellent doing just that for Hull, but can any of you really say that since he's been with us that his ability in the final 3rd (and even will to get forward) is actually any better than Palmer's?

And this is something of a weakness still in Palmer's game - but even so, I can't say I've seen much better from Odubajo so far. Sadly, because I really thought this was the player we were getting.

Maybe we'll not see this side of Odubajo's game unless we switch to a formation involving attacking full backs. It's almost certain that playing in a 4-4-2, he'll have been instructed to be weary of leaving holes at the back.

3 minutes ago, evaD said:

Odubajo is a liability. Not close to being good enough defensively and in attack he offers little. Palmer is better in both areas

I think he was a poor signing

Hopefully is better than what we’ve seen so far At Brentford, he rarely played on the right in recent times. Not really seen any sign of the pace he once had

5 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hopefully is better than what we’ve seen so far At Brentford, he rarely played on the right in recent times. Not really seen any sign of the pace he once had

That's the other thing - I'm sure even last season for Brentford he looked faster than what he does at the moment.

Palmer 

Odobajo is a shocker 

but we need 2 fullbacks and have needed them for at least two seasons 

That Doughty at left back for Charlton was apparently playing non league 2 weeks ago but our fullbacks made him look like Roberto Carlos 

14 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

Of the 2, you'd have to say Palmer.  I was excited when we signed Odubajo, but he's been poor so far.  At fault for the goal today.  Ideally I'd like to see Iorfa at RB until we can sign someone better.

I know you’re probably not suggesting moving him now, but Iorfa has been a revelation since switching to centre back So much so, that we’ve hardly missed last years player of the season

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

Who’s first choice RB when Palmer suspension is lifted? 

Cant make my mind up personally - Odubajo good going forwards but sloppy at back and looks prone to being beat. Palmer better defensively but doesn’t offer the same as Moses moving forward....

Tough one

Palmer all day long, thought when we signed odubajo going on his reputation with brentford fans palmer didnt have a look in,  I nearly smashed my tv when he tried to take his man on and walked it out for a goal kick 

Obubajo is still quick. His pace got him out of trouble a couple of times against Brum.

The trouble today was their left back and left midfielder were extremely quick.

The goal came because he got caught wrong side and his pace couldn’t save him. 

It’s a problem for Monk.

Obubajo has been poor and with the option of possibly moving Iorfa it would be harsh to drop Lees or not bring Borner back yet play Obubajo