Not good enough

25 minutes ago, ttimeowls said:

Just not good enough up front fletcher is not sharp his first touch is terrible 

lee missing one on one these chances must be taken 

Fletcher is the sort of striker who when in the box isn't looking to gain a yard of space and shoot. We have very few players who shoot with conviction. 

25 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Well you appoint a bang average manager you will get bang average results. 

im lost to see how this is any improvement to what Bullen offered. We don’t look any more likely to win games than when he was in charge. 

one upfront pretty much constantly getting nothing extra out of the players.  

exactly what I expected when we plumped for one of the usual suspects when we appointed. 

poo being a Wednesday fan it really is. 

I think quite a few of us said this, however, we have him now, so we have to give him a bit of time This game can still be won

• Like 1

Monk's too cautious for me. Maybe he doesn't trust the team; in particularly the defence but we show little intent throughout games - we plod along knocking the ball about in 2nd gear creating the odd chance.

We suddenly turn it on towards the end of games; but it's then a lottery and with our players, we need 5 chances to get a goal attempt.

2 hours ago, 2roland2 said:

im lost to see how this is any improvement to what Bullen offered. We don’t look any more likely to win games than when he was in charge. 

exactly what I expected when we plumped for one of the usual suspects when we appointed. 

We was all over them just couldn’t score fair enough 2nd half wasn’t the best but jeez some fans in OT are a joke.

Monk is using a squad that he inherited, it's built around the short-lived Steve Bruce methods of coaching and playing. Give him a window or two to bring in players more suited to his style and hopefully we will see change. Hate to use them in a positive context, but dem blvdes are a good example of what can be achieved if a manager is given time to assemble a squad of players he works well with.

Now I'm off to go rinse out my mouth with battery acid.

Ace_Ventura_Cries_in_the_Shower.gif

3 minutes ago, Derbyshirelad said:

Monk won't get the time, well not in this division anyway.

Not too many more results like this and L1 beckons (regardless of how big a points deduction it will be).

Drawing 1-1 with a team around our position, with a squad he didn't assemble, where we had 24 shots on goal, one off the bar and one off the line? Christ, give over.

On 27/11/2019 at 21:01, 2roland2 said:

So it’s obviously the manager , and not the garbage players that are the issue .
What do you expect when you are expecting goals from fletcher who has never scored many , bannan who can’t shoot and is obsessed with his own half , lee who’s finished , reach who’s utter rubbish ? I’d love to know exactly what anybody else would do with a bunch of past it never beens that we are stuck with 

Is Pochettino still available? Surely he would be interested in managing a club like us? Stadium that’s far too big for us (that we aren’t allowed to fill anyway) average training facilities, FFP trouble, £35m wage bill on a set of  players that were only good enough to scrape into the playoffs four years ago, fanbase that calls for your head within 2 months of being appointed.

Apart from that I can’t see any other reason why he wouldn’t be interested.