Westwood

Guest wilyfox
24 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Another one who has forgotten Dawson playing like the jitterbug against Cardiff

I remember him making a crucial save to ensure we didn't lose, and he was not at fault for their equaliser. Overall, Dawson did well the games he played in. I was in favour of Westwood's recall for experience & leadership - but not with the mistakes he's making. It doesn't justify dropping Dawson when Westwood is costing us. I'm not saying he's done. I'm saying he needs dropping until he cuts out the errors. 

26 minutes ago, Hack-Abusi said:

But you are basing his selection on a few sub appearances and a goal aren't you?

He is a class act but his best days are seemingly behind him otherwise wouldn't he be selected? we can't cling on to the hope that Fessi is going to be our saviour and lead us glory? Otherwise it would have happened already no?

A few sub appearances and a first team goal carries more weight than an U23 appearance surely?? 

Why do you think his best days are behind him? He’s not played this season mainly because of a stupid ban so I’m not sure how you can say this? 

ive not suggested he’s going to lead us to glory, I’ve simply said that he’s a better option that what we are currently doing because as things stand we are struggling to score goals and we are throwing points away. 

1 hour ago, wilyfox said:

I remember him making a crucial save to ensure we didn't lose, and he was not at fault for their equaliser. Overall, Dawson did well the games he played in. I was in favour of Westwood's recall for experience & leadership - but not with the mistakes he's making. It doesn't justify dropping Dawson when Westwood is costing us. I'm not saying he's done. I'm saying he needs dropping until he cuts out the errors. 

Also it tends to be thrown in at the last minute from Westwood getting a twisted sock in the warm up before game. Not much time to mentally prepare. 

Article in the Star, quoting Fletcher, claiming Westwood was apologetic and held his hands up for yet another mistake.

And it's good to hear, that Westwood is big enough to go in and apologise to the players he's let down. No issue with that whatsoever. I'd expect it from an experienced professional like him. 

But the keeper himself accepts his culpability, and we still have fans excusing him to the hilt, to the extent they are willing to throw a promising, more than capable deputy under the bus.

• Like 1

Nobody is exempt from criticism. 

I imagine if Nuhui missed a penalty in the last minute he would've been ridiculed on here. 

Westwood's keeping this year has been dodgy, very dodgy - we have a young upcoming keeper who could be off at end of season, but we wanna keep hanging him out to dry. 

4 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

A few sub appearances and a first team goal carries more weight than an U23 appearance surely?? 

Why do you think his best days are behind him? He’s not played this season mainly because of a stupid ban so I’m not sure how you can say this? 

ive not suggested he’s going to lead us to glory, I’ve simply said that he’s a better option that what we are currently doing because as things stand we are struggling to score goals and we are throwing points away. 

Niggly injuries keep setting him back and he's what 29/30? He doesn't seem to get a consistent out via various means, inconsistent form, injuries, suspensions, etc .. impact from the bench seems to work at the minute. Will he recapture his former glory when he could turn the match in our favour in a split second, i'm not so sure ...

8 hours ago, vulva said:

Spoke to someone who watched FF at the last under 23’s game, at Stocksbridge last week. Apparently FF hardly broke sweat, and couldn’t look less interested if he tried. 

I'm not surprised he didn't look interested at Stocksbridge, he was playing at Hillsborough.

On 24/11/2019 at 19:40, hirstys_achilles said:

Seriously. Cut out the individual errors in critical areas and we could or should have beat wba away. 

Another glass half empty fan. Not even Xmas yet and 3 wins would put is in the mix. 

Lol do you really think we can be in the mix ? 

Dream on pal.

Have and should means nothing mate...biggest plus for me was we didnt concede a last min goal... against a very poor side.

On 28/11/2019 at 10:35, TaxiMark said:

Lol do you really think we can be in the mix ? 

Dream on pal.

Have and should means nothing mate...biggest plus for me was we didnt concede a last min goal... against a very poor side.

Dreams. Seriously. Why bother watching if you know we going to lose. 

We have the best possible chance of getting back to Premier league this season. No teams stick out as certain promotion candidates. We could have and should have beaten supposed promotion candidates teams recently. 

Guest Kameron
20 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

We have the best possible chance of getting back to Premier league this season. 

Not a chance of promotion this season thanks to an impending points deduction, we'll be very lucky to avoid relegation.

21 hours ago, hirstys_achilles said:

Dreams. Seriously. Why bother watching if you know we going to lose. 

We have the best possible chance of getting back to Premier league this season. No teams stick out as certain promotion candidates. We could have and should have beaten supposed promotion candidates teams recently

I'll have whatever your smoking fella.

Ability wise I agree we would have been there and there abouts, HOWEVER we have a points deduction coming our way at some point and sadly that will leave us with to much to do this year.

Best we can do is wipe the slate clean, clear the dead wood and start again in a sensible manner.

On 26/11/2019 at 04:19, TodwickOwl said:

Nobody is exempt from criticism. 

I imagine if Nuhui missed a penalty in the last minute he would've been ridiculed on here. 

Westwood's keeping this year has been dodgy, very dodgy - we have a young upcoming keeper who could be off at end of season, but we wanna keep hanging him out to dry. 

And no one should be gaurenteed a place in the starting 11, competition for places stops complacency.

Guest Kameron
30 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Quite the ray of sunshine arntcha.

There'll be no luck in staying up,we'll do it with ease.

Depends on how many points are deducted, 25-30 we're in trouble especially if we have to start offloading players in January.

On 25/11/2019 at 22:39, dan1980 said:

How many points westwood cost us this season .he been a good keeper over years but his time is up im afraid he is a liability

3rd best defence in the league. Not too many I would suggest...

Confidence is vital for a keeper. Dawson must be taking great confidence from his few games this season.

Barnsley, Stoke, Birmingham, Cardiff and Charlton - 3 wins and 2 draws, conceding only 3 goals in the five games.

Its true not the hardest opponents, but the fact remains he and the team have been rock-solid.