Westwood

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

Westwood or not...Monk got it wrong!!! 1 up top just isn’t happening 

Eh? We were the better side in the second half with that formation. What you on about??

22 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Eh? We were the better side in the second half with that formation. What you on about??

Football isnt a 45 minute game

How many points did we get today?

How many points are we gonna drop but played well before people are allowed to question the players? 

Performances don't win points and get you up of this league 

Players need to start justifying the wages they are getting (some highest in the league) because they are taking the p!55 out of this club 

5 minutes ago, WelshOwl74 said:

Football isnt a 45 minute game

How many points did we get today?

How many points are we gonna drop but played well before people are allowed to question the players? 

Performances don't win points and get you up of this league 

Players need to start justifying the wages they are getting (some highest in the league) because they are taking the p!55 out of this club 

I think the issue is some (Westwood being a prime example) just aren’t good enough . Pointing the truth gets your labelled a moaner / negative / childish insults etc but it’s the truth . We are paying stupid ticket prices to watch pretty crap players who gift last min goals every week . I think any sane fan has a right to question that 

Westwood should have held his ground for the first. It was a good ball that set their player free but defenders were getting across. IF westwood stays he might have saved it. Split second decision, for my money he made the wrong one but I can forgive that. Keepers do make mistakes, every single one of them.

The second was never a penalty. I just don't understand what Palmer was doing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Binky Griptite said:

We just gave West Brom a game at their place and deserved at least a point.

Still, let the drama commence.

Yes gave them a game, same as the last few games, but lost, no place for what ifs, we aren't quite dood enough. 

Westwood has been class for us more often than not. Mistakes are creeping into his game and its about character now. 

It is worrying when things aren't going his way because I get the feeling the rest of the team feel it, another example when he traipsed off ignoring his skipper today. Let's face it, he was probably dropped by Jos because he is difficult to manage when the going gets tough, he's been known for that throughout his career.

Despite all that, I will still back him to turn it round but I hope Monk manages this whole situation better than the majority of his predessesors. We also have a competent young replacement should he need a rest. 

Not time to throw the baby out with the bath water though. We played decent today and most other games recently. If we had been able to cut a few basic mistakes out we'd be several points better off. 

We have an ageing squad that we cant seem to get rid off bcz of DC failing to sell.

We bought in a load of strikers right at the start and blew our money on one end of the pitch, whilst we needed players all over.

We are a joke of a club and I wish someone that knew how to run a football club could come in and sort our mess out because we arnt going anywhere in the foreseeable.

Tough times again i fear.