Westwood

2 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood was left with no choice, he had to try and make a last ditch attempt atone for Palmer’s catastrophic error at the last second and had very little chance of success.

If you blame Westwood for that your eyes are painted on. 

If you blame any individual for that your eyes are painted on, any chance of Iorfa clearing the ball ? Palmers gone to sleep and Westwood hasn’t stood his ground and come out like a girl for some bizarre reason when he should know full well the attacker is gonna go down like a bag of spuds at slightest attempt of a challenge

All 3 of them have had a nightmare, but let’s do the usual Wednesday fan thing and single out individuals eh 

2 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

If you blame any individual for that your eyes are painted on, any chance of Iorfa clearing the ball ? Palmers gone to sleep and Westwood hasn’t stood his ground and come out like a girl for some bizarre reason when he should know full well the attacker is gonna go down like a bag of spuds at slightest attempt of a challenge

All 3 of them have had a nightmare, but let’s do the usual Wednesday fan thing and single out individuals eh 

Well you singled out 3 individuals.

Palmer’s fault...all...day...long.

Both at fault for me. If Palmer does his job & puts his foot through the ball there's no problem but a keeper shouldn't be charging that far off his line unless he's sure he's getting the ball.

Edited by mogbad

I said this a few weeks before the international break and I'ts looking more and more likely as the season goes on. 

The Westwood situation is really beginning to look like loovens last season. 

He's having to try harder to do his job becouse age and injuries are catching up with him, so he's making rash or bad decisions trying to compensate for this. 

He's probably already made far more mistakes this year than he's done the last two years. This season will probably be his last in the championship, he's already sorted that thing with Cheadle fc out, which to me points to him knowing himself he's not got long left at this level. 

I know I'll upset a few on here for criticism of their hero, but the one thing in life you can't stop is the march of time, all players get old and retire in the end.... No one stays the same forever. 

It's just the way of life. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, shezzas left peg said:

I said this a few weeks before the international break and I'ts looking more and more likely as the season goes on. 

The Westwood situation is really beginning to look like loovens last season. 

He's having to try harder to do his job becouse age and injuries are catching up with him, so he's making rash or bad decisions trying to compensate for this. 

He's probably already made far more mistakes this year than he's done the last two years. This season will probably be his last in the championship, he's already sorted that thing with Cheadle fc out, which to me points to him knowing himself he's not got long left at this level. 

I know I'll upset a few on here for criticism of their hero, but the one thing in life you can't stop is the march of time, all players get old and retire in the end.... No one stays the same forever. 

It's just the way of life. 

Great keeper up to 2 years ago then agility has fallen off a cliff as well his confidence in coming out towards players and also his catching. Looks lightweight. Add in his always awful distribution and these days he's a just good championship keeper but at most other higher end clubs would be a bench warmer.

Not at fault for either goal today, however he has been to blame in recent weeks and maybe time is catching up with him.

Dawson is the way forward and he will be knocking on the door but for now at least I still give it Westwood.

The whole squad needs a clear out and freshen up, we have nearly half the starting 11 from the days of Milan and that's ridiculous.

Having said that I wonder what money will be available to Monk to change the squad, I'd hazzard a guess at the princely sum of feck all given our current off the fields problems.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I’m I the only one who thinks their player dived for the penalty? I may be wrong but in live time I didn’t think he was touched but the ref was always going to give it after giving us one.

5 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Times up. Awful decision making. 

Let Dawson grow into that role

eh

We're just s.hit.

West Brom is going to go back up, and get the sh.i.t beat out of them, and we might make the playoffs.

It's how it is. It's how it will be. 

3 hours ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood was left with no choice, he had to try and make a last ditch attempt atone for Palmer’s catastrophic error at the last second and had very little chance of success.

If you blame Westwood for that your eyes are painted on. 

That's horseshit. He didn't need to run straight at him like that. It was poor goalkeeping.

Yes, Palmer made an equally bad mistake, but Westwood wasn't blameless.

28 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’m I the only one who thinks their player dived for the penalty? I may be wrong but in live time I didn’t think he was touched but the ref was always going to give it after giving us one.

I didn't think it was a penalty, but Westwood got too close to him. 

Drop him , simples. Only a Wednesday fan would back a goalie who never comes of his line . Gives away pens for fun . And actually thinks he's better than us . I know for a fact Westwood couple of years was pretending to be injured just so he didnt play cuz he couldn't be bothered ... fed up with and I'm fed up how some of our fans treated dawson when in goal .... 

Watching highlights can't blame him for the goals.

Fletcher was it loses the ball fit the first one in a dangerous position resulting in a thorough ball that unfortunately Borner totally flat footed

2nd goal wtf is palmer doing. Just stopped and everyone knows you play till the whistle

1 hour ago, Craig enock said:

Drop him , simples. Only a Wednesday fan would back a goalie who never comes of his line . Gives away pens for fun . And actually thinks he's better than us . I know for a fact Westwood couple of years was pretending to be injured just so he didnt play cuz he couldn't be bothered ... fed up with and I'm fed up how some of our fans treated dawson when in goal .... 

That's a big old call that requires a bit of backing up.

He comes across as a model pro and looks as though he wants to play every game, wears his heart on his sleeve and puts a shift in.

Always generous with his time, gifts and support for fans and worthy causes.

You wouldn't be the first person to say it but he certainly doesn't come across like that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1