Westwood

20 minutes ago, LondonOwl313 said:

Pretty sure we only kept one clean sheet in the first half of the season before Westwood came back, a total of 22 games, and that was the 0-0 massacre at Bramall Lane where Dawson saved the penalty. Then he got one more later on in the season (think at home vs Bristol City).

He didn't have a good record at all, not withstanding the fact that the rest of the team were poor too.

This season he was partially at fault for the Cardiff goal by standing so that the whole goal was open. He kept clean sheets vs some of the weaker sides in the division i.e. the ones in the relegation zone at home. It's far from conclusive that Dawson is the answer to anything.

That said, would probably refocus Westwood to be left on the bench for a few games because of his poor performances. Bring him back in after a break and hope he's back up to standard.

Dawson was not to blame for any losses incurred with jos in charge. He performed admirabley in a poor unorganised team. Unfortunately Bullen unintentionally made him a scapegoat. Dawson needed backing by fans and management at that time and was badly let down. But his attitude before and after has been spot on and hopefully its helped towards his character and experience. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hack-Abusi said:

I dont get the massive blame game on Westeros this time. He's culpable but feel it should be directed at a static deefence more as Westwood trying to mop up their mess.

I've been critical of him but from a keepers perspective he's got 2 options;

1/ Stay on his line and allow the wba player to get the ball and hope the defenders get beck in to position or allow the wba player a free shot on goal. He'd get castigated for not coming off his line.

2/ come out and try and beat the player to the ball.

He went for number 2 but just not committed enough. If he'd have flung himself towards the ball he'd have probably been able to punch it away and maybe win a free kick.

For me when you watch the highlights over and over, I've got absolutely no idea wtf Palmer and now even Iorfa are thinking. Ball watching and poorly done, they've sold Westwood down the river cos hes seen em stop but noticed a player running from deep and 2 defenders like statues calling for a non existent offside.

God dam awful defending.

Iorfa would have got back. No need for Westwood to come flying out. 

37 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

We might have been the better side but we lost 2-1 and missed chances...yet we kept a match winner sat in the bench. 

Firmly believe Forestieri would be starting if he deserved to be,  he’d be sat on bench if Bruce was still here aswell 

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Firmly believe Forestieri would be starting if he deserved to be,  he’d be sat on bench if Bruce was still here aswell 

How do you know that?? It’s all assumptions mate. FF as looked decent in every sub appearance since returning and he’s also scored, how does that deserve been sat in the bench? Reach as been poor yet maintains his starting place every week, Harris’s form as gradually declined and Murphy is a waste of a shirt most games.

So I am sorry but I don’t necessarily agree with your post. 

Not really going to blame Westwood for Saturday... WBA's first goal is a 1v1 and unlucky with the goal slipping through between his feet, but that's also a 100% chance for their striker. The second goal comes after Palmer is sleeping on his man, just watching the other (Austin was it?) coming out of the offside trap... he's late getting back, Westwood is forced out to close Pereira down and Pereira goes for penalty, however light/hard the touch from Westwood intercepting the ball...

Sucker punch to lose points third game in a row, but that's (the Wednesday) life right now... some teams just get in the flow and get all margins on their side. If we'd been riding that wave, we'd have scored at least 2-3 goals against a mediocre West Brom side this Saturday... damnit, they were wee wee poor, doing elementary mistakes in defence, passing it around and getting robbed, but we failed to capitalise on it, and that is on us and a problem of us not seeing our chances through to the end 100%... we've got clear cut chances but it's almost as in the closing minutes of the game where we panic, when we're almost there at a scored goal, we also do something frantic and we fail to score.

Clinical finishing, I believe the term might be, our team could use a lesson both up front and also on sticking to basics and doing their job at all times, even in the last minutes hanging on to a lead or for a point.

10 hours ago, Royal_D said:

Spoke to someone who watched FF at the last under 23’s game, at Stocksbridge last week. Apparently FF hardly broke sweat, and couldn’t look less interested if he tried. 

28 minutes ago, vulva said:

Spoke to someone who watched FF at the last under 23’s game, at Stocksbridge last week. Apparently FF hardly broke sweat, and couldn’t look less interested if he tried. 

that’s it then...lets judge him on an U23’s game. He not going to bust a gut and rush injury playing against 18 & 19 year olds. 

FF is proven at this level. Play him in his best position and give him a run of games and watch him change. The lad is a class act this level and no one can question that. 

1 minute ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

that’s it then...lets judge him on an U23’s game. He not going to bust a gut and rush injury playing against 18 & 19 year olds. 

FF is proven at this level. Play him in his best position and give him a run of games and watch him change. The lad is a class act this level and no one can question that. 

that’s it then, let’s allow him to stroll through games where he is supposed to be trying to prove to Monk ( who was sat in the stand) that he should get picked over other players who are busting a gut. 

Proven at this level? Someone pull out the stars because I really can’t be arsed. FF was relevant 3 years ago. The whole FF thing here is a myth. 

20 minutes ago, vulva said:

that’s it then, let’s allow him to stroll through games where he is supposed to be trying to prove to Monk ( who was sat in the stand) that he should get picked over other players who are busting a gut. 

Proven at this level? Someone pull out the stars because I really can’t be arsed. FF was relevant 3 years ago. The whole FF thing here is a myth. 

It’s  simple mate...he’s scored a goal every 2.5/2.75 games for us!! He’s creative, dangerous and scores match winning goals.

We’re struggling to score more than a goal a game with the current formation and a lone striker, we have limited options (which doesn’t look like changing in January)...what’s your idea to improve it? 

FF as an ego, we all know that but play him in his best position and ask him to do what he’s good at and the improvement will be there for all to see. 

2 minutes ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

It’s  simple mate...he’s scored a goal every 2.5/2.75 games for us!! He’s creative, dangerous and scores match winning goals.

We’re struggling to score more than a goal a game with the current formation and a lone striker, we have limited options (which doesn’t look like changing in January)...what’s your idea to improve it? 

FF as an ego, we all know that but play him in his best position and ask him to do what he’s good at and the improvement will be there for all to see. 

My idea? Bide time until the end of the season, and then clear the lot out, an exercise that should have been started at 9.46pm on the night of the defeat to Huddersfield. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

My idea? Bide time until the end of the season, and then clear the lot out, an exercise that should have been started at 9.46pm on the night of the defeat to Huddersfield. 

Spot on. The backbone of this squad has run its course. 

Oldest team in the league with the naivety of the youngest. It’s a joke. 

10 minutes ago, vulva said:

I don't disagree with that and you are spot on there should have been changes after that defeat...DC is to blame with his weird theory of not wanting to sell players. However in the current time and with the current squad, we have better options and players sat on the bench who can win us games. Football is often over complicated but surely it can be simplified by playing your best players in their best positions?? FF been a prime example IMO.

1 hour ago, vulva said:

Are you surprised?

He wants to be playing for the first team, not with the kids. 

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

How do you know that?? It’s all assumptions mate. FF as looked decent in every sub appearance since returning and he’s also scored, how does that deserve been sat in the bench? Reach as been poor yet maintains his starting place every week, Harris’s form as gradually declined and Murphy is a waste of a shirt most games.

So I am sorry but I don’t necessarily agree with your post. 

Everything is an assumption, I said I firmly believe that to be the case , didn’t claim it was fact 

And you might wanna check where Reach has started last 2 games fella 

Guest wilyfox

In my opinion, Westwood should be pulled from the team. He's a seasoned pro making rookie mistakes in successive games that have cost us. Can't be having that. He should know better. Dawson did well when called upon. The right message must be sent. 

12 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Everything is an assumption, I said I firmly believe that to be the case , didn’t claim it was fact 

And you might wanna check where Reach has started last 2 games fella 

I know I was there for both games mate but up to that point he’s been an ever present despite the poorest form of his career, hence my comment. I wouldn’t be fussed if reach sat out for the next 6/7 games...based on this alone FF deserves a chance. 

1 hour ago, Kanye West said:

Are you surprised?

He wants to be playing for the first team, not with the kids. 

There is a club across the City they have recruited on the basis of attitude, application and ‘bottle’. 

We have done the opposite.  

And look where we both are.  

23 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

In my opinion, Westwood should be pulled from the team. He's a seasoned pro making rookie mistakes in successive games that have cost us. Can't be having that. He should know better. Dawson did well when called upon. The right message must be sent. 

Another one who has forgotten Dawson playing like the jitterbug against Cardiff

2 hours ago, Wednesday_Jack said:

But you are basing his selection on a few sub appearances and a goal aren't you?

He is a class act but his best days are seemingly behind him otherwise wouldn't he be selected? we can't cling on to the hope that Fessi is going to be our saviour and lead us glory? Otherwise it would have happened already no?